Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

1 hour ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Yeah there looked to be a serious lack of effort and they could not cope with Napoli’s energy. Liverpool will be destroyed by City if they put in a similar performance 

The midfield needed that injection of energy after the tough run so the keita injury is a massive blow, hopefully hes not out for too long. 

11 hours ago, Dan R said:

The midfield needed that injection of energy after the tough run so the keita injury is a massive blow, hopefully hes not out for too long. 

Keita was dreadful before he went off last night, so I was sort-of glad to see him get injured. I know just about everyone was playing badly, but he seemed to be by-far the worst.

(not saying he's a dreadful player btw - I'm just talking about last night).

16 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Tottenham with an uphill task now and Liverpool's group all the more interesting after last night's result. Some decent teams will fall into the Europa League when they fail to make it through the Champions League groups.

They'll need to win both games against PSV to get back into contention of progressing, and even then it's gonna be a tough ask. I think Liverpool's group is very dependent on the games between PSG and Napoli, with the rest of Liverpool's games falling between fairly easy fixtures they should be well positioned by the time those return games are played.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

Is it that bold? It's not like great players have been left out.

Championship player in Mount, young Englishman abroad in Sancho and someone with hardly any PL game time this season in Chalobah. Bolder than what we've experienced in the past from England bosses.

45 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Championship player in Mount, young Englishman abroad in Sancho and someone with hardly any PL game time this season in Chalobah. Bolder than what we've experienced in the past from England bosses.

Isn't that related to who else is available for different managers to pick. My guess (without doing any research) is Southgate has less established players getting regular football at top sides than his predecessors. 

41 minutes ago, zahidf said:

It's a serious allegation. If juventus HAVE to comment on it, I'd say that's not the best way to do it.

I don't know if he is guilty or not. Neither do juventus.

I would say the best thing is not to comment at all,they no doubt are panicking about their investment.

It does however concern me that many people are judging Ronaldo innocence on whether they like him or not, who needs evidence or trials in this social media age!