Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

and yet most Utd fans don't have issue with the players bought in that time, and woodward doesn't pick the team or the tactics.

Once upon a time every honest Utd fan realised that the end of the fergie era would bring big changes and that Utd might not compete.

Nowadays fergie was just a normal manager and it's XYZ's fault that Utd are no longer cleaning up.

PS: some people said that Sanchez was a duff buy, while Utd fans raved about what a great signing he'd be.

Yup. His last year arsenal performances weren't a wantaway player it seems now, more the start of his decline. 

Ah well, least he got man Utd to pay him 500k a week for 3 years!

Have you all seen this?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-clubs-charging-children-13331477

I always assumed the mascots were either local kids or members of the kids teams. Charging that amount of money is obscene. The amount of money Premier League clubs make I refuse to believe an extra £700 per home match matters that much to them!

59 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Have you all seen this?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-clubs-charging-children-13331477

I always assumed the mascots were either local kids or members of the kids teams. Charging that amount of money is obscene. The amount of money Premier League clubs make I refuse to believe an extra £700 per home match matters that much to them!

Ah FFS. I just assumed they always used links with charities and local bodies etc to give back to sick/disadvantaged kids. But charging (and a pretty penny in some instances) just makes it a benefit for the privileged. Its a bit scummy. 

Is there anything more Everton than that?

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

and yet most Utd fans don't have issue with the players bought in that time, and woodward doesn't pick the team or the tactics.

Once upon a time every honest Utd fan realised that the end of the fergie era would bring big changes and that Utd might not compete.

Nowadays fergie was just a normal manager and it's XYZ's fault that Utd are no longer cleaning up.

PS: some people said that Sanchez was a duff buy, while Utd fans raved about what a great signing he'd be.

Nah I think people realise that Utds fall proves Fergie was even more exceptional. 

The players bought during the time looked great on paper and have been great elsewhere but just haven't worked. Di Maria, Sanchez, Falcao. Look like championship players. 

Sanchez defo split opinion but he had just come off a season where he scored 30 goals for a an average Arsenal team. 

Anyway Ill totally hold my hands up and say yes we're looking at a 3rd season meltdown here. Question - has modern footie passed Mourinho by now? The weirdest thing about all of this is him still living in a hotel though.

Edited by The Nal

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

they were still feckin' trash in the early games. Can't think when I've seen such a poor Prem team as in those matches.

Then you were watching with your eyes closed. I’ve seen worse West Ham sides finish mid table. 

You didn’t once think it might take a new managers ideas a while to bear fruit? 

A Paraguayan who’s never played outside South America a while to bed in? 

A 21 year old centre back new to the premier league a few weeks to settle? 

A brand new defence some time to learn each other’s games? 

A team who’s best player is out injured for the season? 

Yeah, write them off as having a long hard season based on a couple of matches in August :lol:

Edited by TheGayTent

5 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Surely players coming from different countries deserve the chance to adapt to a new league and surroundings? 

they do, but that doesn't mean that no comment can be made on how a team is playing.

And WHU were in the early games one of the very worst teams I've seen in the Prem - like they were certain for relegation.

1 hour ago, TheGayTent said:

Then you were watching with your eyes closed. I’ve seen worse West Ham sides finish mid table. 

You didn’t once think it might take a new managers ideas a while to bear fruit? 

A Paraguayan who’s never played outside South America a while to bed in? 

A 21 year old centre back new to the premier league a few weeks to settle? 

A brand new defence some time to learn each other’s games? 

A team who’s best player is out injured for the season? 

Yeah, write them off as having a long hard season based on a couple of matches in August :lol:

They were rubbish but the break and new tactics got them playing a lot better. That's what managers are supposed to do if things aren't working. Something Jose should maybe bear in mind.  

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

What? :lol:

They put passes together, and kept getting in on goal - things WHU weren't doing.

They still scored twice, Cardiff have managed four all season.

Your criticism of them was over the top a month ago, why you're going to such ridiculous measures to maintain it I'm not sure...

50 minutes ago, zahidf said:

They were rubbish but the break and new tactics got them playing a lot better. That's what managers are supposed to do if things aren't working. Something Jose should maybe bear in mind.  

They were a lot better at Arsenal in the 3rd game, and could easily have got something from that game, than they were in the first two games of the season. 

Another month on and they’ve got used to each other some more. 

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They still scored twice, Cardiff have managed four all season.

eh? When? I'm talking a month ago.

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Your criticism of them was over the top a month ago, why you're going to such ridiculous measures to maintain it I'm not sure...

because what i said a month ago was true - they were absolutely fucking dreadful. :rolleyes:

Just because they've started to play better doesn't mean they weren't that feckin' dreadful.