Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

30 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

In fairness I think West Ham are a decent side who were given a hard time early on when new players were settling. It's hard however to see how Jose keeps going.

Almost impossible now. Didn't see the game but looks like another dour performance. Results aside, that style of football isn't acceptable. And hes had plenty of time now. 

Very expensive to sack him now though. May have to be at the end of the season. 

45 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

In fairness I think West Ham are a decent side who were given a hard time early on when new players were settling. It's hard however to see how Jose keeps going.

None of it is his fault of course

'One goal is offside, the second goal is own goal and the third goal is referee's mistake but for the next game we have to have a better start."'

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Almost impossible now. Didn't see the game but looks like another dour performance. Results aside, that style of football isn't acceptable. And hes had plenty of time now. 

You wanted the idiot as well nal. 

Good result for both sides and probably a fair result. Chelsea defended well and were unlucky not to take three points but sometimes it takes a goal like that to change the outcome of the game. If both teams carry on this form I've no reason to believe they won't both be in and around there at the end of the season.

7 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Good result for both sides and probably a fair result. Chelsea defended well and were unlucky not to take three points but sometimes it takes a goal like that to change the outcome of the game. If both teams carry on this form I've no reason to believe they won't both be in and around there at the end of the season.

Yup good game!

Glad sturridge as impact sub is going well 

8 hours ago, The Nal said:

Surely a club like Utd would not think like that with the cash they have in their pockets? If he is the problem at the club then it should be worth every penny to get rid? 

Id say if the hierarchy at Utd believe Moany is the problem then they are probably lineing up the replacement as we speak and will give Jose the P45 as soon as they can 

23 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

To be fair, I think that was a decent result. Considering that West Ham put 8 past a way better team in midweek, they did alright to come out of that only losing 3-1. If they  can keep limiting the goals they concede to three against these big teams, maybe nicking a goal here and there, for the rest of the season then they might be able to stay up if they can manage a couple of draws against their rivals. It’s really important they get at least a couple of draws against Huddersfield, Cardiff and Newcastle, though they’ll all be really tough games.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

To be fair, I think that was a decent result. Considering that West Ham put 8 past a way better team in midweek, they did alright to come out of that only losing 3-1. If they  can keep limiting the goals they concede to three against these big teams, maybe nicking a goal here and there, for the rest of the season then they might be able to stay up if they can manage a couple of draws against their rivals. It’s really important they get at least a couple of draws against Huddersfield, Cardiff and Newcastle, though they’ll all be really tough games.

Hohoho

Between 2007 and 2013, Manchester United won five Premier League titles and missed out on the other two by a combined total of 1 point.

Since Ed Woodward...
2013/14: 22 points off title
2014/15: 17 points
2015/16: 15 points
2016/17: 27 points
2017/18: 19 points
2018/19: ??? 

Zidane and Blanc both option I suppose. But theres bigger problems higher up.

39 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Don't see why Zidane would go to United after he clearly got out of Madrid at the right time before having to rebuild the squad that had won three consecutive Champions Leagues. Doesn't seem like someone who'd be up for the current challenge at United.

I reckon United need a younger manager with a clear long-term plan. Julian nagelsmann would be perfect for them I reckon but thankfully he's starting at Leipzig next season.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Between 2007 and 2013, Manchester United won five Premier League titles and missed out on the other two by a combined total of 1 point.

Since Ed Woodward...

United have spent enough money, blaming Woodward is the easy option for many fans. 

Jose by and large has signed the players he wanted, it’s not Woodward’s fault Jose can’t either get the best out of them or even play them. 

Van gaal steadied the ship for a more progressive manager taking over, Woodward’s onlymistake for me was appointing Mourinho. Totally wrong fit and he was always going to be toxic. 

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Since Ed Woodward...

Something much more significant happened in 2013 than Woodward arriving that could explain the above.

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, The Nal said:

Since Ed Woodward...

and yet most Utd fans don't have issue with the players bought in that time, and woodward doesn't pick the team or the tactics.

Once upon a time every honest Utd fan realised that the end of the fergie era would bring big changes and that Utd might not compete.

Nowadays fergie was just a normal manager and it's XYZ's fault that Utd are no longer cleaning up.

PS: some people said that Sanchez was a duff buy, while Utd fans raved about what a great signing he'd be.