Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

11 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Salah's reaction to Firmino's winner :huh:.

Yeah I clocked that too. Surely has to be a case of just bad timing (he was unhappy about something else at the same time) rather than him being annoyed Firmino scored? Thats my hope anyway :lol: 

James Milner is incredible. I think his contract ends this season so I hope we give him a new one.

22 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Yeah I clocked that too. Surely has to be a case of just bad timing (he was unhappy about something else at the same time) rather than him being annoyed Firmino scored? Thats my hope anyway :lol: 

I believe he was celebrating the goal before the camera went to Klopp and then he threw the bottle on the ground in that manner most likely out of relieved frustration with himself and the situation. I think............ 

Edited by ThomThomDrum

21 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

James Milner is incredible. I think his contract ends this season so I hope we give him a new one.

I find it hard to believe Salah was angry at his team winning. Probably annoyed at himself.

He also looks out of sorts generally. Maybe he should miss the Southampton game to rest up a bit

Salah needs to learn to adapt his game with the attention he is now going to get due to making himself a superstar last year. I dont know if rest is what he needs. I dont pretend to know how his mind works, but he may simply want to keep going until it clicks again for him. If he is getting the majority of the attention then the others on the team should have a better chance to succeed. If he is mindful of that and that in fact materializes he should be OK with not banging in goals every single game, so long as the team are doing OK and his contribution is, in effect, making a difference. I dont think a selfish, self centered mindset will last too long in Klopps squad, no matter the talent. 

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

realistically, he's unlikely to (overall) perform as well as last season - because players rarely stay so good that they break their own records.

I think that Ronaldo and Messi have distorted peoples opinion about what is normal. It's very rare for footballers to be amazing season after season.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I think that Ronaldo and Messi have distorted peoples opinion about what is normal. It's very rare for footballers to be amazing season after season.

Ronaldo usually starts slowly and then hits another gear, as he did last season and this season. 

He was finished last week and now hes amazing again after the weekend. Salah will probably be the same. Last year was too good for it to be a fluke. But hes going to have to accept that hes a marked man from now on. Interested to see how hes adapts. 

Edited by The Nal

31 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Don’t know how this City team has dropped points.... relentless! Without doubt the team to beat. Missing one of their best players and you wouldn’t notice... 

Credit to Wolves really. City were probably unlucky not to come away with 3 points that day but still fair play. They probably deserved their point against us today too from what I saw of it. 

4 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Don’t know how this City team has dropped points.... relentless! Without doubt the team to beat. Missing one of their best players and you wouldn’t notice... 

Tbf City have played the three newly promoted teams and two of the favourites to be relegated. The only top-half quality team they've beaten is Arsenal. With the amount of quality in that team, they shouldn't be struggling.

Really interested to see how they fare against teams with a bit more quality who have a go at them.

8 hours ago, Dan R said:

Tbf City have played the three newly promoted teams and two of the favourites to be relegated. The only top-half quality team they've beaten is Arsenal. With the amount of quality in that team, they shouldn't be struggling.

Really interested to see how they fare against teams with a bit more quality who have a go at them.

Like who? Teams aren’t bothering their arse against City.

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Like who? Teams aren’t bothering their arse against City.

The way Liverpool are beating all the teams in front of them this season, the same can be said about Liverpool. 

Certainly leads to a title race this season, can’t remember the last proper title race. 

21 hours ago, thetime said:

The way Liverpool are beating all the teams in front of them this season, the same can be said about Liverpool. 

Certainly leads to a title race this season, can’t remember the last proper title race. 

You think teams are trying against City?