Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

3 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

He may have saved the peno and we would all be saying how great he is (not that Im saying he should have) and with the first Brighton goal he may have had a better starting position to get to the ball before the striker, cutting out the danger. Again Im not saying he should have and im not saying it was an error, but when someone like him is on top form he does things like that and we are all impressed..........

The first Brighton goal was 100% Lindelofs fault for letting Murray run in front of him. Poor poor defending. 

From a poor poor defender. 

Just not buying this twitter lead "not the player he was" after one mistake for Spain.  

Edited by The Nal

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

The first Brighton goal was 100% Lindelofs fault for letting Murray run in front of him. Poor poor defending. 

From a poor poor defender. 

Just not buying this twitter lead "not the player he was" after one mistake for Spain.  

Im in no way saying it was his fault. De Gea does have a record of moping up after others mistakes and impressing folk in the process. When he is on top top form he saves penos and cuts out crosses that others mistakes allowed to get in there.  

11 minutes ago, The Nal said:

No question yeah but out of the 7 this season, he could do nothing. 

but you'd say exactly the same for all of the ones he superhuman-saved in the past if he'd not have superhuman-saved them. :P

The difference between his superhuman days and right now is that he would have some something and not nothing.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

the conclusion is drawn from more than those games, it includes the world cup.

In which pretty much the whole Spanish squad underperformed. 

I understand why people could point to his performances and have a question or two but not to this extent. If he’s still not pulling out exceptional save after exceptional save in a couple of months then fair enough. It’s one WC and 4 PL games - in which he’s still made some exceptional saves. He’s already saved us at least 2 points this season!

9 minutes ago, sdvruxk said:

In which pretty much the whole Spanish squad underperformed. 

I understand why people could point to his performances and have a question or two but not to this extent. If he’s still not pulling out exceptional save after exceptional save in a couple of months then fair enough. It’s one WC and 4 PL games - in which he’s still made some exceptional saves. He’s already saved us at least 2 points this season!

My original questioning was along the lines of "if it's permanent".

He's defo dipped from his very high form, but it might all be over this weekend,

(hope not :P )

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I think his shootout performance against Russia is one of the worst I have seen from a top keeper.

I remember watching an 850 year old Brad Friedel in a shootout for Spurs in Europe a few years back. He didn't even get close to a single one, remember thinking right there that he really needed to call it a day.

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yeah pressure on already.

Speaking of, Liverpools next month: Spurs, PSG, Saints, Chelsea x 2, Napoli, City, Huddersfield. 

Yup tough game, important for Watford top 4 hopes. Tbf, this is the sort of game (mid table team at home) Watford should be winning to make it In eruope

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yeah pressure on already.

Speaking of, Liverpools next month: Spurs, PSG, Saints, Chelsea x 2, Napoli, City, Huddersfield. 

Such a tough run, particularly the run week with Chelsea, Napoli and City. I'm feeling excited about it though, think it's gonna be an entertaining few weeks.

21 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

United will win by one or two goals and everyone will go "Oh, Watford aren't actually that good they just beat three teams at their level and had one good result against Spurs".

I think this is likely, yeah. 

2-0 United for me.

As for the early kick off: I'm going 2-2.

Strange feeling. Happy to have won but actually pretty annoyed as we wasted so many opportunities which should have made the game so much more comfortable at the end. Salah and Mane both had a few greedy moments which luckily didn't come back to bite us.

5/5 without really getting out of 3rd gear is pretty good going though!

Bring on PSG