Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Looks like UEFA want to bring back a third European competition, which is nice as it’ll give the likes of Burnley and Stoke another competition they can try to avoid playing in.

Perhaps they are going old school.

European Cup just for league winners, cup winners cup for cup winners and the uefa cup for the fodder.

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Looks like UEFA want to bring back a third European competition, which is nice as it’ll give the likes of Burnley and Stoke another competition they can try to avoid playing in.

I think they should focus more in building up in the second.  The champions league place does help, but you get the impression people dont care untill the last 8. Maybe its just a perception of someone living in the UK and the rest of Europe love it.

I know a lot of people don't like it but I find xG pretty interesting. Man Utd have expected to concede about 6/7 goals so far and have conceded 7, so De Gea has let in about the amount an average keeper would. So his apparent terrible form leaves him as an average keeper.

28 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think they should focus more in building up in the second.  The champions league place does help, but you get the impression people dont care untill the last 8. Maybe its just a perception of someone living in the UK and the rest of Europe love it.

I certainly get the impression that it's a lot more popular outside of England. The Spanish clubs seem to take it seriously, which is probably why they win it most years.

4 minutes ago, Dan R said:

I know a lot of people don't like it but I find xG pretty interesting. Man Utd have expected to concede about 6/7 goals so far and have conceded 7, so De Gea has let in about the amount an average keeper would. So his apparent terrible form leaves him as an average keeper.

I wonder if courtouis getting the real Madrid job ahead of him is a factor. His contract expires end of next season, he isn't doing a great job so far in terms of getting a pay rise/extension...

Well the FIFA 19 ratings have been announced and he's still the top rating keeper and 9th best player in the world. I normally have nothing better to do this time of year than watch youtube after youtube video of kids bitching about why is this player better than that.