Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

6 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

You’re one of the most financially doped teams in the history of sport. In general DDG is one of the top two keepers in the world. A natural.

He is certainly in the conversation, but I would probably extend to top 5-6 rather than top 2.  By being in Man Utd the last few years he is a bit lacking in playing big domestic and champions league games, he also didnt really prove himself in the world cup.

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

DDG has magnets on his feet, piss poor distribution and can't catch a cold. Likes a dive for the cameras . Good relexes and that's about it. Nowhere near the best keeper in the world. No keeper has conceeded as many goals in Manchester derby history as DDG. That maybe because City have good players that don't just fire it straight at him. Seems other players have now cottoned on to this.

Can somebody explain to me what bearing the above has on anything?

28 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The season Wrexham were in the same league as Man City we had a pretty medicore keeper who played the game of his life at Maine Road and got a 0-0 draw. Going by the goals conceded against City stat I think that makes him the joint best!

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

You’re one of the most financially doped teams in the history of sport. In general DDG is one of the top two keepers in the world. A natural.

Thank God for financial doping.

57 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Because that's the only time I have seen him live. He's been atrocious when he has played against us. Good shot stopper who likes a Hollywood save. He has nothing else to his game. Hyped up to fuck because he plays for United. When you actually think about it, he's crap at coming for crosses, does not command his box very well, does not move off his line and his distribution is terrible. Just because he sticks a leg out here and there, the sycophants in the media blow smoke up his arse. He is useless for Spain because they don't park the bus.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

The season Wrexham were in the same league as Man City we had a pretty medicore keeper who played the game of his life at Maine Road and got a 0-0 draw. Going by the goals conceded against City stat I think that makes him the joint best!

Those were great days. 

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

When you actually think about it, he's crap at coming for crosses, does not command his box very well, does not move off his line and his distribution is terrible. 

I have said this for a while on here and elsewhere, he’s certainly needs to work on his all round game. Part of a goalkeepers excellence is how he commands his box and organises his defence, de gea comes up short on this aspect of his game. 

If De gea could organise his defence, or Utd had defenders who could organise the defence de gea wouldn’t need to make world class saves every Saturday. 

More than talent, leaders are what utd are crying out for in the last few years. That being said, I don’t see many goalkeepers who organise and command there box like a generation ago. 

Edited by thetime

27 minutes ago, sdvruxk said:

It's not 'shocking' at all. No need for this level of delusion when your teams so far in front of every other team in the league anyway. 

One of the reasons we were so far out in front last season was our goal keeper. How exactly would DDG have improved us?

4 hours ago, thetime said:

More than talent, leaders are what utd are crying out for in the last few years. That being said, I don’t see many goalkeepers who organise and command there box like a generation ago. 

It’s funny when I got into football (late 80s) the only distribution a keeper or centre back would do was getting the beer to the changing room after the game!

Just now, pink_triangle said:

It’s funny when I got into football (late 80s) the only distribution a keeper or centre back would do was getting the beer to the changing room after the game!

Footballs changed beyond recognition, I’m sure you never had united’s captain marvel saying he had the wrong attitude for a game. 

On 8/22/2018 at 8:52 PM, eastynh said:

One of the reasons we were so far out in front last season was our goal keeper. How exactly would DDG have improved us?

Utds goals against in the league were on a par with Citehs last season. So by your logic if Citys keeper is better than Utds it would suggest that the defenders in front of him are worse than Utds or why is he conceding as much as DDG............Would you say that? Are Citys defenders worse than Utds? Hmm? Or would DDG of had to put up with worse defending in front of him at Utd last season?

The reason City were so far ahead of Utd last season was not their goal keeper fella. Not even a factor. It was what City did going forward. Banging in 30-40 goals more than your nearest rival is a major difference maker. Not conceding 1 less goal.

Edited by ThomThomDrum

2 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Utds goals against in the league were on a par with Citehs last season. So by your logic if Citys keeper is better than Utds it would suggest that the defenders in front of him are worse than Utds or why is he conceding as much as DDG............Would you say that? Are Citys defenders worse than Utds? Hmm? Or would DDG of had to put up with worse defending in front of him at Utd last season?

The reason City were so far ahead of Utd last season was not their goal keeper fella. Not even a factor. It was what City did going forward. Banging in 30-40 goals more than your nearest rival is a major difference maker. Not conceding 1 less goal.

The way City play though means the keeper does have an impact on the attack, which is the stylistic argument why DDG wouldn't play for city. As far as traditional goalkeeping qualities, DDG is definitely better than Ederson though.

11 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

He's talking about the fact he has more to his game than De Gea. He's not saying he's a better keeper in terms of shot stopping. City are better with Ederson in goal than they would be with De Gea.

32 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

He's talking about the fact he has more to his game than De Gea. He's not saying he's a better keeper in terms of shot stopping. City are better with Ederson in goal than they would be with De Gea.

But, because of the method Man U are set up, they're better with De Gea in goal than they would be with Ederson.