Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

mistakes or not, he's also made a huge number of exceptional saves. For the moment they seem to have stopped.

When those exceptional saves have often gained the points for MU, that could be a big issue.

Yup. He seems to be a 7/10 goalie at the moment rather than a 9/10 one.

I wonder if the world cup and RM going for courtouis has effected his game 

17 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

What loon is blaming DDH for the weekend’s shitshow

DDG, you mean?

Nope, i'm not blaming him, it's not his job to carry the team, and none of the goals can be classed as mistakes by him.

I'm just pointing out that his (comparatively) poor form won't be collecting the team points as he often did in the past.

Edited by eFestivals

DDG of course soz. He’s been their best player (maybe since Ronaldo) in years. That he would appear to be the fall guy - on here anyway - seems a bit mad.

Utd’s issue is they hired the wrong manager who (maybe) over achieved a little to start. Now the only way to rescue something is to spend more megabucks. Utd could have stuck with Moyes an’ done that. 

Facts are they should be challenging with the that squad. The usual drama has started with the manager however and it’s best to sack him now and get someone better in. The obvious one is ZZ.

5 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

He’s been their best player (maybe since Ronaldo) in years. That he would appear to be the fall guy - on here anyway - seems a bit mad.

it's because he's been their best player for years that his dip in form is going to be costly (for as long as it lasts).

That's not making him the fall-guy, that simply pointing out the consequences of his dip in form.

3 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I don’t see the dip in form from him personally. The save I mentioned vs Foxes is platform for the 3 points.

his let in 10 of the last 14 shots he's faced (not all for Utd; WC + Prem).

For that to not be a dip in form they'd have to have been exceptional goals - but they weren't.

It might just be a blip and he'll be back to his best next week.

Edited by eFestivals

1 hour ago, thetime said:

There’s a few more pressing issues at utd than ddg not having a Worldy every game. 

If he stops turning draws to wins and losses to draws (as he has consistently in previous seasons) it will have an impact. 

Your right it's not the main problem. The fact that players regularly regress under mou is far more concerning.

Its obvious what Neil is getting at here and he is right to point it out. DDG not having a worldy is probably the equivalent of of 30-40 goals a year striker not scoring goals. If you are heavily reliant on those clean sheets/saves to generate points for the team then you will have potential issues if they dry up. It points to there being issues elsewhere in the team/club, not an issue with DDG himself. I think we all know that Utd without DDG over the last few years would have been in some proper serious shit/trouble. The guy has been top top class and done some really wonderful things worthy of winning 3 points alone..........if he was to go on and have a "normal" season then the rest of that squad and that manager are under even more pressure to perform. 

17 hours ago, thetime said:

What mistakes? 

Sorry, mistakes probably aren’t the right word (although it could be argued he should have save the penalty on Saturday).

Just more - which after reading the thread seems to have already been made - that due to him being exceptional for the last god knows how many years, now his fork has dropped a bit (for incredible to very good) it stands out more and United will probably suffer from it as he was always worth about 20+ points a season through his saves.

Having said that he’ll be back to his usual self soon enough I’m sure!

24 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Its obvious what Neil is getting at here and he is right to point it out. DDG not having a worldy is probably the equivalent of of 30-40 goals a year striker not scoring goals. If you are heavily reliant on those clean sheets/saves to generate points for the team then you will have potential issues if they dry up. It points to there being issues elsewhere in the team/club, not an issue with DDG himself. I think we all know that Utd without DDG over the last few years would have been in some proper serious shit/trouble. The guy has been top top class and done some really wonderful things worthy of winning 3 points alone..........if he was to go on and have a "normal" season then the rest of that squad and that manager are under even more pressure to perform. 

thank you Thom. :)

36 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Interesting from Rio here. Seems Moyes was worse than we thought. Interesting regarding players and managers in general. 

Comes across has if he and the other senior players had little or no respect for Moyes from the get go. They seem to have acted unprofessionally and unrealistically, thinking Moyes should do things like Ferg Face and not do things his way. Sounds like a load of dummy spitting, naive, thick thinking footballers if you ask me. They didnt give him the time of day. They didnt give him a fair shout. The senior players knew better and acted as such and put their egos above the club from what I can conclude.............I might be wrong of course, but it seems they all couldn't handle change and were not going to give it a fair crack of the whip

4 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Comes across has if he and the other senior players had little or no respect for Moyes from the get go. They seem to have acted unprofessionally and unrealistically, thinking Moyes should do things like Ferg Face and not do things his way. Sounds like a load of dummy spitting, naive, thick thinking footballers if you ask me. They didnt give him the time of day. They didnt give him a fair shout. The senior players knew better and acted as such and put their egos above the club from what I can conclude.............I might be wrong of course, but it seems they all couldn't handle change and were not going to give it a fair crack of the whip

I also think it was a team in decline, Fergie chose the perfect time to jump. Some of these players are looking for scapegoats instead of acknowledging their own failing.

It was always going to take years to get back to winning ways with fergie retiring.

Awful manager choices and a shit transfer policy it was a recipe for disaster. It’s also going to take an awful lot longer, there’s perhaps 2/3 players at most who have the belly for the fight. 

Will probably get close to that 26 year..

DDG has magnets on his feet, piss poor distribution and can't catch a cold. Likes a dive for the cameras . Good relexes and that's about it. Nowhere near the best keeper in the world. No keeper has conceeded as many goals in Manchester derby history as DDG. That maybe because City have good players that don't just fire it straight at him. Seems other players have now cottoned on to this.