Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

Didn't pay too much attention in the second half but I liked the look of James Maddison and Andreas Pereira in that game.

Won't be able to see any of the other games this weekend (except a decent chunk of Newcastle vs Spurs tomorrow) as I'm working, which is a bit annoying for the opening weekend, but I might record Arsenal vs City and hope to not find out the score before I get home at 10pm.

Not much to write home about on the opening weekend. The normal fantasy football woes. Taking Zaha and Pedro out only for them both to score. Wan Bissaka assist and clean sheet but only on your bench. Every year! 

Can't read too much into any of the results but looking forward to today's fixtures, specifically the latter.

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

All these casuals putting Kante and Jorginho in their teams AND GETTING REWARDED FOR IT. 

Neves, too. Can't complain too much as all my mids/forward have returned so far (Jota, Fraser, Zaha), although like jyoung I also benched Wan-Bissaka. Hoping for Alexander-Arnold to get 0 mins today, but I suspect that's unlikely.

I was at Molineux yesterday. Looked like two mid table sides to me - have to give both sides credit - Everton for the way they continued to attack when they could once down to 10, and Wolves for having the self belief to continue to play their football after twice going a goal down. 

2 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

I was at Molineux yesterday. Looked like two mid table sides to me - have to give both sides credit - Everton for the way they continued to attack when they could once down to 10, and Wolves for having the self belief to continue to play their football after twice going a goal down. 

Watched some of it..Just happy Samuel Large has gone. At least we now seem to be attempting something like playing football.

The happiness was dampened a little when I saw the report this morning of how far Neves had moved the ball for the free kick. 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

May not have played well by the high standards they set but still better than most teams WHU will face this season.

Not sure about that.

Liverpool didn't really break out of a stroll, and they were a long way from clicking as a team. When they played like that last season they often struggled to win.

An easy demonstration of how easy WHU made it for them was with Sturridge's goal. 

From Saturday's games I reckon WHU as they were yesterday would have been turned over by more than one of the promoted/lowly teams (tho perhaps not with the same scoreline).

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Not sure about that.

Liverpool didn't really break out of a stroll, and they were a long way from clicking as a team. When they played like that last season they often struggled to win.

An easy demonstration of how easy WHU made it for them was with Sturridge's goal. 

From Saturday's games I reckon WHU as they were yesterday would have been turned over by more than one of the promoted/lowly teams (tho perhaps not with the same scoreline).

I'd say Liverpool's second goal was far worse for WHU. They all assumed Milner wouldn't reach it so everyone just didn't bother. Plus the 3rd goal was a mile offside.