Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

8 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Morata took two days off to be with his wife whilst she gave birth in Italy. He's in the squad for the game against Arsenal tonight in Dublin.

Different circumstances I know, just interesting with the debate going on at the moment.

A day or two is completely normal of course. But Martial is hardly the first footballer to have a kid while with the team. Vanishing for what will end up being 10+ days isn't normal. 

1 hour ago, Dan R said:

How has Fred been? I liked the look of him in the CL last year and thought he was a good signing but can't say I noticed if he played in the Liverpool game.

Saw some of him last night. Certainly hungry to pick the ball off the back 4 and do something with it which is good to see. 

Newcastle lose to Braga 4-0. Ten of the players that started were starters in our championship season. 

Players refused to do interviews after the game, Rafa said we are doing bad on and off the pitch. He also said that Newcastle fans are clever and know what is going on (a new boycott group just started up asking where all our money has gone)

Get ready for the freak show at St James' Park again, we'll be relegated this season.

Our pre-season results don't matter jack shit. I'm not worried about the result, or the lack of interviews. The problem is what every man and his dog knows: we need a £15m striker or attacking mid, and we've made a £25m profit in the transfer window. 

12 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Our pre-season results don't matter jack shit. I'm not worried about the result, or the lack of interviews. The problem is what every man and his dog knows: we need a £15m striker or attacking mid, and we've made a £25m profit in the transfer window. 

And now a player bonus dispute to top it all off, AGAIN! 

Edited by WS_Jack_III

34 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

So you won't be taking Rondon then?

I'll just pop Rafa's quotes from last night here for you.

"I have no idea. I have no idea how close we are to anyone."

"Now is not a time to talk about [Salomon] Rondon or Gayle, it's a time to analyse what's gone on these last two months."

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Ouch! Someone is not happy.

In many ways you have to admire Ashley's dedication to his cause of completely pissing off everyone in Newcastle. He's been at it for years.

Remember when he first bought the club and wanted to be our friend? In the stands with fans wearing his Alan Smith shirt.