Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

3 hours ago, pryce said:

Just moved to Nuneaton...(not sure what I have done to deserve it)

so I shall be going  to a few National League North games this year

Look out for a right back called Curtis Obeng. He was a star player at Wrexham, got a move to a premiership Swansea, never played and his career went into free fall. I will be intersted to see how he gets on.

On 7/18/2018 at 6:02 PM, eFestivals said:

but even if they spend big this summer, it's still not going to have been very much net spending in recent years. Quite possibly tiny compared to others around them (can't be bothered to check but know it'd been low in recent years)

Surely it's far closer to the responsible way we'll all like all clubs to be run, rather than be rich man's playthings towards the top and the possessions of sharks towards the bottom...? Where a club builds itself up with the successes it has along the way.

?

IMG_20180719_203621.jpg

The Pool secure Alisson thankfully.  Now he better prove he is worth all that cash.... the amount Klopp is spending if they don’t improve and potentially challenge there will be awkward questions. A different type of pressure will rise....twill be interesting to see how it pans out..

32 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

The Pool secure Alisson thankfully.  Now he better prove he is worth all that cash.... the amount Klopp is spending if they don’t improve and potentially challenge there will be awkward questions. A different type of pressure will rise....twill be interesting to see how it pans out..

Meh. I fail to see how this manager will come under pressure from our fans this season. Our fanbase has no sense of entitlement (yet). This is a buzz and we’re enjoying it. 

17 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Meh. I fail to see how this manager will come under pressure from our fans this season. 

Finish 4th or worse and there will be grumbles for sure. Needs to kick on and needs that elusive trophy at this stage. Will be interesting to see if they go back sniffing about Lyon and if they go for another defender too... 

If the players he has now click they could be a threat. 

7 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

I reckon the big problem Liverpool are gonna face this season is a long injury to Booby &/or Salah.

Or perhaps Shaqiri being Shaqiri.

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's not his price that will be the problem if he's a problem.

Is that based on what Charlie Adams said? The man with more red cards than goals complaining about Stokes top goalscorer for not stepping up?

He was with Stoke for around 2-3 years and only moved when they got relegated. Never heard of any issues with him while he was there. 

I'm sure he will be fine, he knows it's a good move for him. He isn't expecting to be in the first 11

5 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

He’ll be fucked out sharpish if he starts acting the goat. I doubt that will happen.

I agree that Klopp won't stand for it, but I'm less sure than you it won't happen.

I'm just not sure how happy he'll be sat on the bench most of the time, and being overshadowed by bigger stars. Charlie Adam has just had a pop at him for not showing up at Stoke.

Just now, zahidf said:

Is that based on what Charlie Adams said? The man with more red cards than goals complaining about Stokes top goalscorer for not stepping up?

He was with Stoke for around 2-3 years and only moved when they got relegated. Never heard of any issues with him while he was there. 

I'm sure he will be fine, he knows it's a good move for him. He isn't expecting to be in the first 11

Nope, not based on Adam (tho that's added to it).

He was at Stoke in the first place cos of a bad attitude, and was pretty irregular for Stoke too til last season.

There's no doubt he's got talent, but I'm far from sure he's applying himself as he should.

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Nope, not based on Adam (tho that's added to it).

He was at Stoke in the first place cos of a bad attitude, and was pretty irregular for Stoke too til last season.

There's no doubt he's got talent, but I'm far from sure he's applying himself as he should.

Fair enough. I'm sure Jurgen will keep him on the straight and narrow. I'd be surprised if he would let a squad member disrupt the squad

Edited by zahidf

16 hours ago, thetime said:

In the same league as my local non league team, Telford United. Most of my match going games will be there this year, we have Nuneaton Boxing Day. 

Coming From Shrewsbury...not good memories of Telford ha...always used to get the better of us when we were relegated to the conference! always wanted the football team to get back up though

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I read something saying it's over, as the money was spent on Allison.

I think theyre looking to get one more in. Having gone to the lengths they went (promo videos filmed etc) I reckon they’ll try for Fekir next week.

24 minutes ago, pryce said:

Coming From Shrewsbury...not good memories of Telford ha...always used to get the better of us when we were relegated to the conference! always wanted the football team to get back up though

Proper football, beats these glory hunters who never go to games. :D

#neverbeentoanfield :rolleyes:

Edited by thetime

Just now, thetime said:

Proper football, beats these glory hunters who never go to games. :D

went to a midland division whatever game last year, AFC Hinckley vs Leicester Road (who are the old Hinckley United) one of the more fun football matches ive been too!