Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

So what do people reckon the game plan is for Sat? I can't see Southgate being adventurous and experiment with formation or rest half the team so he'll keep the team intact but change out Alli and Young who seem to be carrying injuries for Rose and Delph.

19 minutes ago, jump said:

So what do people reckon the game plan is for Sat? I can't see Southgate being adventurous and experiment with formation or rest half the team so he'll keep the team intact but change out Alli and Young who seem to be carrying injuries for Rose and Delph.

Who cares 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jump said:

See i think the opposite.

I can see him changing most of the team. Gives the folks who have hardly played a game. There were some tired legs last night.

It's also pretty pointless in risking injury for any of the "first eleven" as it's only a two day turnaround and they've not had any rest since July/August of last year.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Belgium.

I'm guessing both them and England will put out full strength teams at the weekend when we play them again, cos it would be a bit of a pisstake to field weakened teams again.

I reckon that might be a better game to watch than the final.

2 hours ago, jump said:

Lingard and Trippier seemed knackered at the end last night so add them to the changes. Rashford will come in, of course. Also, a sub keeper traditionally appears in the 3PPO, right?

Wanna see Welé get his game but realistically it won't happen. Hope he makes a good move this summer to a club where he could be a no. 9 and reemerge for England. Newcastle could turn him around I reckon.

The third place game is fucking awful, nobody wants to be there, nobody cares. Frankly there's no difference between coming third and fourth.

That all said I can't see Southgate sticking with the same side, as noted above most of the first XI looked completely spent by the end of the match and given the next season starts in three weeks time I reckon clubs will pushing for key players to be given a bit of a rest. Kane hasn't looked fit since Colombia and his work is pretty much done in terms of the golden boot.

Butland; Cahill; Jones; Maguire; Rose; TAA; Dier; Henderson; RLC; Rashford; Vardy

Edited by Hugh Jass

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The third place game is fucking awful, nobody wants to be there, nobody cares. Frankly there's no difference between coming third and fourth.

That all said I can't see Southgate sticking with the same side, as noted above most of the first XI looked completely spent by the end of the match and given the next season starts in three weeks time I reckon clubs will pushing for key players to be given a bit of a rest. Kane hasn't looked fit since Colombia and his work is pretty much done in terms of the golden boot.

Butland; Cahill; Jones; Maguire; Rose; TAA; Dier; Henderson; RLC; Rashford; Vardy

How do people know if Kane was unfit or not playing well? I have certainly seen him being ineffective in big games for spurs before.  Despite the fact he will win the golden boot, I personally wouldn't put him in the team of the tournament.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Will any England players make team of the tournament? Trippier deserves it most of the team but Pavard has probably been more effective, then Henderson was good throughout but Modric, Pogba, Kante, De Bruyne all way better... I guess Kane will make it for his goal tally.

It hasn't been a fantastic tournament for keepers but Pickford would be in with a shout.