Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

41 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I think Croatia will be struggling tonight especially with the 2 games they've had previous going the full distance.

I'm optimistic.

I've effectively been given a one match ban from the pub by the missus after Saturday's mess so i need us to get to the final so i can join my mates again :lol:

My bank account was not ready for Saturday so I'm also having a night in to watch tonight's game :lol: 

Nullify their 3 top players and we will be in business. Midfield battle is key, will be the first game where I think Henderson will need a good amount of help in there. 

Just seen that Corluka still makes croatia's squad, and is incredibly still only 32. 

Anyway, better get some sleep, another early start.

3 hours ago, mjsell said:

Nullify their 3 top players and we will be in business. Midfield battle is key, will be the first game where I think Henderson will need a good amount of help in there. 

Just seen that Corluka still makes croatia's squad, and is incredibly still only 32. 

Anyway, better get some sleep, another early start.

I would never have thought a few years ago that one of  Corluka, Nzonzi or Vardy would end up with a  world cup winners medal!

15 hours ago, Dan R said:

France are weird. Top, top squad with quality in absolutely every area who have underperformed but ended up in the final of the last two major tournaments. So many contradictions but in the end they grind out results, and thats all that matter in a knockout tournament.

Im not so sure they have underperformed as they have been well organised and defended well. You just feel under a different manager that side has a lot more to give

9 hours ago, eFestivals said:

hmmm. If Belgium play to their potential they'll beat France playing at their potential.

Oh, hang on.... :P

I disagree, I think France have a better team/squad. I think Belgium have a few top players but also have to carry a few average ones as well. I think France don't have the same weaknesses.

4 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

There isn't much to say. It'll be a tough game and hopefully they can get through. I personally don't think we have enough quality but this England team keeps on surprising us, lets hope they do it twice more.

I don't think a huge amount of quality is needed to be Croatia. It could go either way, with England being marginal favourites to me.

27 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Last time I watched Telford was at Wembley I think. 

Late 80s i’d guess.

I must admit I enjoy non league football more than top level football nowadays. 

The way the likes of united/FA treat supporters has certainly wore me down. More thought for the tv viewer and worldwide audience, rather than the match going fan. United wanting 100 quid deposit just to go on a season ticket waiting list finished me off. 

Got tickets for telford first league game v Southport and taking the eldest, kids get in for a quid. 

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

I must admit I enjoy non league football more than top level football nowadays. 

Yeah, I can see that. 

The way the likes of united/FA treat supporters has certainly wore me down. More thought for the tv viewer and worldwide audience, rather than the match going fan. United wanting 100 quid deposit just to go on a season ticket waiting list finished me off. 

Crazy ain’t it - the crooks at WHU charge you a tenner for that - that’s a tenner too much.

Got tickets for telford first league game v Southport and taking the eldest, kids get in for a quid. 

I go to mine occasionally, trouble is, the shite at the top is already working it’s way down the pyramid - my local team are owned by Kuwaitis - which is fine until you realise they’re using the site to make money out of a new hotel (and making the footprint of the ground smaller). 

The final countdown lads. Important for the players to go out tonight and play with no fear or panic. If we concentrate, stay organised at the back and stick to what we've been doing, we'll have enough to reach the final. Time to make history. Can't wait.

55 minutes ago, jyoung said:

The final countdown lads. Important for the players to go out tonight and play with no fear or panic. If we concentrate, stay organised at the back and stick to what we've been doing, we'll have enough to reach the final. Time to make history. Can't wait.

I hate this idea of no fear, I doubt either England or Croatia have any fear.

7 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think this playing without fear thing is an overblown media creation. I think fear will play no role in terms of who wins today.

Cant agree with that.

Seen too many games where Teams have bottled it. I bet every one on here can think of times when their team has done so.

26 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I blame all of this on you

While as a Welshman I wanted Croatia to win, I didn’t feel the elation that I saw in the past watching the likes of Rooney, Gerrard, Rio crushed.  The class of Croatia told in the end,, I hope they win the final. Amazing achievement for a nation with that population to reach the final.