Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

1 hour ago, Henrik said:

Get this signed guys - https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/223013 (Make Monday a bank holiday if England win the world cup)

Already reached the necessary 100k to get a debate in Parliament

The more signatures the better :) 

I personally dont agree.  I think its unfeasible to expect employers to be able to plan with only 24 hours notice. I think you would hope employers would be flexible and no doubt sick leave would be high.

@WS_Jack_III What do you think about our transfer activity so far? Dubravka being made permanent was such a vital signing, I'm of the opinion that we've needed a goalie since Krul got injured 4 years ago.

A few places are suggesting that Ki is a replacement for Merino. Disappointing if that's the case, as Merino looked good until his injury and he's still young, but lots of reports that he's off to Spain.

Kennedy signing can only be a good thing, but the "loan with an option to buy next summer" feels like we're just giving Chelsea more chances to find a better offer? I'm also not impressed of the rumours of Ritchie being sold to raise funds, he's been our best player these last 2 seasons!

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I personally dont agree.  I think its unfeasible to expect employers to be able to plan with only 24 hours notice. I think you would hope employers would be flexible and no doubt sick leave would be high.

It's not even that is it? It's six hours notice tops, five if it goes to ET. On a Sunday night.

Edited by Hugh Jass

8 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Got Breeders tix for O2 Institute in Birmingham tomorrow. They've just announced they're showing it on a screen for ticket holders. Not sure what will happen if we get XT or pens

I wouldn't rule out a bottling or booing happening if it goes to extra time and they don't show it.

Perfect move for Ronaldo and Juventus.

Honestly reckon it will be brilliant for all involved. The timing for Ronaldo is exquisite and he is moving to a league that will compliment his play / allow him to perform to his high standards. Juventus also securing the biggest match winner on the planet. If anyone can lead them to Champions League glory, it's this man.

Age is nothing in this deal. He'll make history there, guaranteed.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

If France play to their potential in the World Cup final they should win it.

Been saying that for months.. they still havent, but are in the World Cup final anyway.

Edited by mjsell