Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

It's my birthday on Wednesday. Football couldn't have worked out better! Still feels surreal we are in a world cup semi final. We swept Sweden aside with ease. Fingers crossed for the Croatia game. I fancy us to do it.

I've been in Belgium for the last two games. Atmosphere was unreal. Can't wait to witness the atmosphere on Wednesday when I'm back in England. The general vibe I got from Belgian's was very positive towards England and the way we have played.

I will say the same I have said on here before: Southgate has done a great job. We haven't got the best players in the competition but we got more players that are in form than any other team in the last 4. 

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's a girl so possibilities...

Harriett

Raheema

Danielle Welbeck Jass

Jordan

Kiera, Kylie, Jane, Harriet, Ashley

Jessica, Jordana, Delia

Rahera, Henrietta

Congratulations

Edited by mjsell

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Totally and utterly convinced Belgique will make surprisingly easy work of tomorrow night. I’m a believer now.

Yeah I think the same. 

Will be the better quality game of the 2 semis as well. Looking forward to it. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Have no idea what’s going to happen tonight, could be any score. Hopefully Mbappe bags a few as I’ve got him E/W for the golden boot.

I reckon (hope) tonight's game will rival Spain v Portugal in terms of excitement.

Both teams loaded with world class attacking players.

Just wonder if Belgium will be able to match the quality they played with against Brazil.

10 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Get this signed guys - https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/223013 (Make Monday a bank holiday if England win the world cup)

Already reached the necessary 100k to get a debate in Parliament

The more signatures the better :) 

They'd seriously have to consider it. Going to look like Mad Max out there if we win it.

1 hour ago, TheGayTent said:

What an amazing man he was, and how lucky were we to have him as manager of our national side. He’d have enjoyed the last few weeks were he still around. 

Saw this one too, watch till the end

Bloody loved him when he was Newcastle manager. I was just properly into football at that time and our team was class.

3 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Bloody loved him when he was Newcastle manager. I was just properly into football at that time and our team was class.

Genuinely think if it hadn't been for Sir Bobby being Newcastle manager for that period with that team I wouldn't be as into football now as I am. That was the era where I started properly following every aspect of football, not just international tournaments and the FA Cup semis and final.

Of course, his ridiculous sacking and Abrahamovic's takeover of Chelski put an end to us finishing 3rd-5th with a fair amount of regularity. And Souness selling every good player in that team did for the rest of our hopes.

23 minutes ago, jump said:

Croatia have just sacked one of their coaches for a comment about Glory to Ukraine.

Vida said something similar whilst celebrating too.

Hopefully this will help as the Russian fans will now be more inclined to get behind us. They'll certainly want to make life tough for the Croatians.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Vida said something similar whilst celebrating too.

Hopefully this will help as the Russian fans will now be more inclined to get behind us. They'll certainly want to make life tough for the Croatians.

Vida "clarified" that tho, what he meant to say was "Glory to Croatia" so he avoids any repercussions.