Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

11 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

Cheaper tickets, proper football grounds, being less fucked over by TV stations, and bigger away allocations are all appealing surely. 

Goodison is the only proper football ground left in the top flight isn’t it? 

That'll still happen to us in the Champ, the horror of Friday night football awaits. If we're competing near the top we'll be on Friday night/Saturday night/Sunday morning/whenever else suits Sky.

Cheaper tickets isn't a given either, the Champ hasn't signed up to the £30 limit. Read last season Leeds were charging away fans £50+

In answer to @pink_triangle's question, yes and no. It will be nice to able to actually compete in a league and not focus only on staying above water, it'll be good to go to places that we haven't been to in years (not that I'll be going to many of them, bloody weeknight kick offs!), but above all I'm happy we've got a manager we as a club can get behind and I look forward to putting the shitshow that was Pulis/Pardew behind us for good.

That all said it's still the Championship, it's still paying £10-15m for players who aren't good enough to play in the PL, it's still the constant looming spectre of financial meltdown...

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Cheaper tickets isn't a given either, the Champ hasn't signed up to the £30 limit. Read last season Leeds were charging away fans £50+

All levels of football is over priced I would say, I pay £14 for non league games, that not even for the national league.

Edited by thetime

24 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I give Bielsa till Christmas before he melts down spectacularly. A madman at a mad club, what could possible go wrong?

i expect it to go wrong...as a leeds fan, it always does

but its the first time ive been excited as a leeds fan for years

Edited by pryce

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I give Bielsa till Christmas before he melts down spectacularly. A madman at a mad club, what could possible go wrong?

Possibly. Still cant come to terms we got him. From Hockaday to Bielsa in 4 years via Milanic, Rossler, Evans, Monk, Heckinbottom and the rest

Not going to be boring thats for certain.

And at least we didnt get Steve Bruce

Edited by Ted Dansons Wig

41 minutes ago, thetime said:

All levels of football is over priced I would say, I pay £14 for non league games, that not even for the national league.

Charlton have always been the best for ticket prices, even when they were in the Championship. Can get a season ticket for 200 quid. 

Does mean you have to watch Charlton tho.

2 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Charlton have always been the best for ticket prices, even when they were in the Championship. Can get a season ticket for 200 quid. 

Does mean you have to watch Charlton tho.

I live about 15-20 minutes walk from the Valley, every cup draw I hope we get a trip there.

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I live about 15-20 minutes walk from the Valley, every cup draw I hope we get a trip there.

My mate goes to every home game. Feel bad for 'em in recent years the owner was really out of touch with the fans. 

But never mind, Luton Town at home in round one of the league cup will have to do for you.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I give Bielsa till Christmas before he melts down spectacularly. A madman at a mad club, what could possibly go wrong?

Mental appointment, it's either gonna be a massive success or a massive mess. Will make the Championship interesting next season anyway...

44 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

France very disappointing, but at least they got their win. For all of the talk about their individuals I'm not convinced many would make their team in the 98-00 years.

There's not many players at the whole tournament that would make that France 98-00 team. 

France's full backs were atrocious today. Mendy and Sidibe cant get fit quick enough if you are the french.

Its the one area where I actually feel England have the depth over the likes of France. 

3 hours ago, mjsell said:

There's not many players at the whole tournament that would make that France 98-00 team. 

I definitely wouldn’t take a defender. Thuram, Lizarazu, Desailly and Blanc are my favourite ever international defence.

On another note  I’m so stuck in the late 90s that I keep looking for Beck and Sande in the Denmark team!

38 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I definitely wouldn’t take a defender. Thuram, Lizarazu, Desailly and Blanc are my favourite ever international defence.

On another note  I’m so stuck in the late 90s that I keep looking for Beck and Sande in the Denmark team!

Italian defence with Baresi as sweeper were better.