1.3 million - does Michael Eavis know something we don't know ?

glasto-worker

On 12 June 2018 at 3:28 PM, eFestivals said:

Yeah, I think you might be right with 2003. They might have gone on sale at midday, maybe?

All night is explained by the fact that some people were trying constantly for 2 nights. I was sat at my desk for nearly all that time as far as i recall.

Definitely for the 2004 festival. They went on sale in the evening iirc. Was at work on a night shift trying on phone and on line. Getting nowhere for hours. Noticed there was a scroll bar and scrolled down to see the international number. Dialled that and was in. Pretended I was working abroad (can you send it to my UK address please?). Wish I'd bought six. As someone else said I think it took 24 hours that year.

Sure it was for 2004 as I had a conversation with ME about it and he moaned about a certain band who played that year.

36 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Just watched it. Pretty sure he was talking about his overdraft. 5000 at the time which is why he wanted to sell 5000 tickets.  Now it's 1.25 million .

Quite possibly :)

The documentary hasn't been shown yet so we don't know what the figure refers to.

My money was on number of registrations.

Hang on. You just watched it. It's not on 'till Thursday is it? Oh, do you mean the trailer? Doh!

Edit:

As for the odds of getting a ticket. My experience for the last seven has been alternate got one, not got one. SO that's fifty/fifty isn't it. ;).

Edited by MrZigster

On 6/13/2018 at 10:44 PM, danmarks said:

Just watched it. Pretty sure he was talking about his overdraft. 5000 at the time which is why he wanted to sell 5000 tickets.  Now it's 1.25 million . 

Yep. I'm watching it now and that's what it's about. He mentions how Glastonbury was going to be the quickest way to clear his overdraft but it didn't work.

If you run a business, with tight margins, and you take a year off; you are going to be looking at a financial cliff. The Eavisii are borrowing big time I would suggest. Still, they'll be back in the money next year.If they book Lauryn Hill, they'll be alright for sure.

On 6/10/2018 at 7:56 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

What does this number refer to?

I believed the number to be how many people have actually registered to buy tickets. Would imagine though that a lot of them are redundant but still active.

On 6/10/2018 at 2:24 PM, glasto-worker said:

well its not clear as the interview was cut up so they edited out the question 

he could have been asked ' how many people try to buy tickets ? ' 

or 'how many people attend ? '

try to watch it and see what you think.

He was talking about his £5000 overdraft and how he "had hoped to clear it, but now it's £1.3 mil" ( although I thought he said 1and a half)