Beer Prices

jr1312

£6.50 for a pint of Strongbow Cloudy at The Stones at Stratford. Some places outside were selling 440ml cans for the same.

We were joking about the prices whilst waiting for the train home:

The prices shoot up every year. You can picture the conversation at the pricing meeting:

"How about £6?".

"They'll never pay that".

"But you said that last year when we suggested a fiver, and we settled on £5.50. And they still paid that much".

"£6.50 it is then".

I'm waiting for the £6.99 London gig pint.

9 hours ago, MrZigster said:

£6.50 for a pint of Strongbow Cloudy at The Stones at Stratford. Some places outside were selling 440ml cans for the same.

We were joking about the prices whilst waiting for the train home:

The prices shoot up every year. You can picture the conversation at the pricing meeting:

"How about £6?".

"They'll never pay that".

"But you said that last year when we suggested a fiver, and we settled on £5.50. And they still paid that much".

"£6.50 it is then".

I'm waiting for the £6.99 London gig pint.

I happened to mention the prices at the Stones concert and Kate { who is on my WBC Team and also a Volunteer for the Roundhouse } did mention that lager prices were £8+ at The Roundhouse - Now that is close to 02 { Millennium Dome } prices - when you moved to get closer at the Stones Concert the four males who sat in front of me bought ' 8 pints each ' - I think lager was £6.40 so they paid out £204.80 - and even worse ' they left a few pints when they moved to the standing area ' which was kicked over by the next lot who took over their seats.

31 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

I happened to mention the prices at the Stones concert and Kate { who is on my WBC Team and also a Volunteer for the Roundhouse } did mention that lager prices were £8+ at The Roundhouse -

That can't be right. I may have not been to the Roundhouse for about a year but it was always one of the better ones for prices.

20 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

That can't be right. I may have not been to the Roundhouse for about a year but it was always one of the better ones for prices.

They have a special craft beer bar there now, maybe one of the higher percentage ones is reaching £8? I know their normal pints are about £5.50

5 hours ago, cdm22 said:

well she works there 3 or 4 nights per week and I know she was there on Monday 4 June { see below } so it was that night she was speaking about - perhaps they banged up the price just for that night.

PEG.thumb.jpg.6688d23bee029a5bb932b18066e3aada.jpg

Just got back from Jeff Beck at Chelsea. One bar and only selling bottles:

2018-06-15-174202.jpg.f0d56d5155ce6231a0170f5154dd7d1a.jpg

Not a great picture is it.

I was drinking 330ml bottles of Bulmers flavoured cider at £5.50 a pop.

I make that £9.47 a pint!  If I'd worked that out whilst there I wouldn't have bothered. I thought I was getting about two pints from three bottles which would still have put it at over £8. And some bugger spilt half of a full one I had under my chair when him and his date left before the encore. Premature "lets miss the crush" bastards :(

Should have stuck to the Heiniken (bleurgh) at a fiver for a slightly bigger bottle (can't remember the size (that's why I took a photo, not close enough).

I think they're really taking the piss.

Wanted to mention that my friend managed to get a tiny amount of vodka into The Stones at Stratford.

It was in a small plastic bottle with "Holy Water" printed on it.

The security guy opened it, sniffed it, ummed and erred with his colleague and let it pass.

Either he was Catholic or she charmed him someway.

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

Just got back from Jeff Beck at Chelsea. One bar and only selling bottles:

2018-06-15-174202.jpg.f0d56d5155ce6231a0170f5154dd7d1a.jpg

Not a great picture is it.

I was drinking 330ml bottles of Bulmers flavoured cider at £5.50 a pop.

I make that £9.47 a pint!  If I'd worked that out whilst there I wouldn't have bothered. I thought I was getting about two pints from three bottles which would still have put it at over £8. And some bugger spilt half of a full one I had under my chair when him and his date left before the encore. Premature "lets miss the crush" bastards :(

Should have stuck to the Heiniken (bleurgh) at a fiver for a slightly bigger bottle (can't remember the size (that's why I took a photo, not close enough).

I think they're really taking the piss.

take a step ladder the next time - Christ sake how bloody tall do you have to be to read the bloody thing ?

I like this one - from 2012 Hyde Park not for what you can see - could not believe it ' big demand was the £65 bottles ' and many were not just buying one bottle - some were asking for three bloody bottles - I had to stall a few Customers as there was a frantic search for more boxes out the back - How the other half live - no way would I pay £65 - They were not even blinking when I asked them for £195

2012-wbc-7.thumb.jpg.dc8866fb38ee67ec00308eaa0f97dbc2.jpg

£6.50 is taking the piss; it's at this point I start to sober up. £5 - £5.50 is just about ok especially when it's a can and they chuck it in a plastic glass. The higher prices are more bareable when I'm on my own but if I'm with my son and his  mate who are at uni with no money, it ends up an expensive night out.

Edited by SighMo

I work at a stadium and we held a gig last week and we had a lot of complaints at our prices. £5 for every alcoholic drink except for a half size bottle of fizzy wine witch was £15. Not too bad compared to some of the prices I’m seeing people post in here I don’t think but considering we normally charge 3.40/3.60 for a pint I think that’s what caused the resentment for it. 

10 hours ago, LiamEP said:

I work at a stadium and we held a gig last week and we had a lot of complaints at our prices. £5 for every alcoholic drink except for a half size bottle of fizzy wine witch was £15. Not too bad compared to some of the prices I’m seeing people post in here I don’t think but considering we normally charge 3.40/3.60 for a pint I think that’s what caused the resentment for it. 

well to me £5 is cheap but I live in London and  £3.40/£3.60 for a pint is a bargain.

some of my team were at the Foo Fighters at Etihad Stadium - Manchester a few days ago and Pints were £6 but what they were drinking I cant say.

I am working at Finsbury park next weekend so it will be interesting to see what the price are.

Edited by glasto-worker