Beer Prices

jr1312

Just trying to do a bit of research and despite searching the forums can't find anything definitive. Could you post on here how much you last paid at a festival or concert for a pint of lager and/or spirit and mixer along with which festival it was?

Many thanks in advance!

Last at a concert - £4.90 for a 440ml can of San Miguel (poured into a plastic glass) at Manchester Apollo this week.

£6.50 for a 6.2% IPA isn't that bad if it was a full pint and decent quality.

I mainly attend London gigs and festivals and I've found drinks prices have really shot up in the past year.

Unless I've suffered a complete mental failure, it used to be a pretty good rule that it'd be £5 a pint/can....but lately that seems to have gone up to £5.50 or £6....the worst was at Village Underground the other night where it was £6.50 for a 500ml bottle of Aspall.

It sort of seems to me that everyone was just waiting for somebody to break the £5 barrier and now everyone has followed suit.

Edited by Sean1234321

41 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

I mainly attend London gigs and festivals and I've found drinks prices have really shot up in the past year.

Unless I've suffered a complete mental failure, it used to be a pretty good rule that it'd be £5 a pint/can....but lately that seems to have gone up to £5.50 or £6....the worst was at Village Underground the other night where it was £6.50 for a 500ml bottle of Aspall.

It sort of seems to me that everyone was just waiting for somebody to break the £5 barrier and now everyone has followed suit.

Yeah I was discussing the same thing at a gig the other night. It used to be that you could get two drinks for a tenner in general for quite a long time, now its at least £5.50 so you have to break out more cash.

10 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Bearded Theory was around £4.20/£4.30 a pint (although others were more expensive). I did comment at the time that's very price proximate to a lot of the pubs in Brum City Centre.    

The Beer Defender on the way to main stage was only ever £4.00 a pint.

Different ales and  decent lagers every time I visited ( which was quite often ) and I thought a great festival addition.

I hope they are back next year .

before the festival I picked up some Brew Dog IPA tinnies for £1 a tin which came in handy 

7 hours ago, retromoz said:

i like beer. It is nice.

It's not my normal drink, but I'll drink real ales when I find ones that suit me. However, at some of the prices being quoted here I'd balk. I don't really buy much from festivals or pubs though, so it's all a shock to me when I see these kind of prices. Mind you, I am 98, and I remember when all this used to be trees! Seriously though, a pint of mild (which I didn't drink) was 50 pence when I were a kid.

Excuse me , I've just soiled my pants again. I'm watching some of the re-runs of the Antiques Road Shows. When I see some bastard show a china figurine that's valued at £0.5 Million I shit myself with fucking anger. That makes the whole thing doubly annoying - double incontinence, so to speak - and so the process goes on, until I feel the chair moving ever so slightly, slightly, more than slightly, before I'm swept away in a torrent of my own shit. 

PS - You should see what happens to me when I watch re-runs of the Bionic Man! It'll bring tears to your eyes. It certainly brings them to mine, in any case!  lol

On 6/8/2018 at 1:33 PM, WFD said:

Last at a concert - £4.90 for a 440ml can of San Miguel (poured into a plastic glass) at Manchester Apollo this week.

£6.50 for a 6.2% IPA isn't that bad if it was a full pint and decent quality.

Yeah, it was Lagunitas IPA which is great for £6.50. Not even that much more expensive than getting the same at a pub tbh

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:00 PM, ivan said:

The Beer Defender on the way to main stage was only ever £4.00 a pint.

Different ales and  decent lagers every time I visited ( which was quite often ) and I thought a great festival addition.

I hope they are back next year .

before the festival I picked up some Brew Dog IPA tinnies for £1 a tin which came in handy 

I was at Wakefield couple of weekends ago for 'Long Division'...3rd or 4th one I've been to and still couldn't believe how cheap some of the boozers were!

At Bearded Theory didn't get to try half the beers I was going to but apparently a lot of them were only on in the beer tent by the 'Woodland'.  There was a mango IPA in the bar by the main stage that kept me going.      

Think the prices in bigger venues like the Academy chain, NEC (or whatever its called this week, oh yeah, 'Genting Arena' I think) etc are an issue. I very rarely used to miss support bands but the prices nowadays mean more often than not I'll stay in a local pub and save £2-£3 per pint (and have more choice) rather than go into the venue and pay through the nose for a pint of ass-weak lager. Shame...they should be encouraging people to get in early rather than go down late.    

Going to the indie all-dayer at the Genting Arena  in September...dread to think what 12 hours drinking there will set me back  

Edited by Flaminglippy