Emperor's Field Car Park

MistahParker

Can anyone that's been in EF before say where abouts the car park for there is? It's listed on the description as adjacent to the camp site, but last year you had to use the red gate same as general camping. I was hoping EF would pass by the half hour drive through back roads, but if it's the same gate I can only imagine it taking even longer.

the carpark for EF is right next to the camp field and although we go through the main gate entrance we get siphoned off about maybe 4/5's of the q. & i think you are being perhaps a little optimistic on the 30 min drive, depending on when you arrive can be more like an hour!

2 minutes ago, bottonrob said:

the carpark for EF is right next to the camp field and although we go through the main gate entrance we get siphoned off about maybe 4/5's of the q. & i think you are being perhaps a little optimistic on the 30 min drive, depending on when you arrive can be more like an hour!

So you get siphoned off on that road with the entrance to your right? 

And was about half an hour early Thursday afternoon last year, there was pretty much no traffic, just having to go slow through those villages and farms behind the festival.

11 minutes ago, MistahParker said:

So you get siphoned off on that road with the entrance to your right? 

And was about half an hour early Thursday afternoon last year, there was pretty much no traffic, just having to go slow through those villages and farms behind the festival.

yep thats where we split (proviso they don't change it!) 

we hit the q around 11:30 and took about an hour so maybe we were rush hour!  was about 3 years ago where it took more than 4 hours and the q started not far after Shap village!