SomeoneListeningIn

All Points East Festival 2019

I don't mind paying full price for Bon Iver, I just hope for something similar or at least a large discount on the BST Florence day so I could see The National on the cheap

Yesterday was absolute top banana, especially given that I won the tickets in the morning. Agree with the comment above that the crowd for Hot Chip being better than the village underground crowd in April - the band themselves on great form. While I've seen Primal Scream better, the singalong in Loaded as the heavy rain started was pretty special. First time seeing the Chems and they didn't disappoint. We were about five rows back from the front on the left, can't say either of us noticed the speaker blow though. 

As for security, I walked in with a small bottle of voddy (decanted of course) in my pocket and didn't have an issue. Our tickets on dice didn't scan and the checker told us that it had happened with the comp tickets earlier and just waved us through. She was supposed to get her manager but couldn't be arsed. I think that the queue out of Nick Cave was worse last year, although this year I went to the Eleanor Arms rather than join the masses. Overall a really good night, tempted to pick up some cheap tickets for tomorrow just for James Blake. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Missed Johnny Marr. Which Smiths songs did he play?

Did you miss him because you were busy posting on here?

28 minutes ago, grayfitz said:

Every tweet right now mentioning APE is saying main stage sound is awful. Was last night bad too?

Main stage sound is terrible. Much too quiet. Seemed good last night but I was near the front.

Hi everyone, looking for 2 tickets for christine and the queens tomorrow. If anyone could help me out it would seriously make this guys day after a series of pretty terrible complications!! Thank you xx

1 hour ago, Tkp123 said:

Hi everyone, looking for 2 tickets for christine and the queens tomorrow. If anyone could help me out it would seriously make this guys day after a series of pretty terrible complications!! Thank you xx

Have you tried the showfilmfirst link earlier on in the thread? £3.50 a pop 

4 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Missed Johnny Marr. Which Smiths songs did he play?

This charming man, How soon is now, bigmouth strikes again and there is a light

1 hour ago, grayfitz said:

Every tweet right now mentioning APE is saying main stage sound is awful. Was last night bad too?

Main stage sound was good most of the day, apart from the strokes which was bad for nearly the whole set, people were leaving because they couldn’t hear anything

41 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

Main stage sound was good most of the day, apart from the strokes which was bad for nearly the whole set, people were leaving because they couldn’t hear anything

I was on the right side of the stage and it felt like a singalong in a pub to a couple of The Strokes songs, absolutely not loud enough. Massive #stroxit throughout. If the undercard wasn’t as good, I’d be quite angry at having paid the full price for that.

• Upvote 1

Julian AMSR?

Of all the days to botch the sound, it's the day with most punters paying full price :negative:.

Stood in a number of places and sound was fine. Vocals lower in the mix than youd like but isn't that how the strokes have always played?

Anyone else witness the fight front left of crowd during The Raconteurs? Security were really slow to react and turned into two pretty awful looking brawls with lots of people caught up in it!

49 minutes ago, nysmaw said:

I was on the right side of the stage and it felt like a singalong in a pub to a couple of The Strokes songs, absolutely not loud enough. Massive #stroxit throughout. If the undercard wasn’t as good, I’d be quite angry at having paid the full price for that.

The sound was appalling for the Strokes.

The rest of the day was good especially Anna Calvi and BC Camplight.

How have queues getting in been so far?

Going on the 31st and the first act we're planning on seeing is at 5pm, so how long should we leave beforehand?

Can’t lie had a great time; sound was good at second barrier area but to be honest everyone was singing so loud and jumping around it wasn’t surprising you could barely hear it. Interpol was incredibly quiet however, could barely hear it with few people singing along - most people were definitely there for the strokes.

also wtf is the jagermeister stage why is it angled we literally couldn’t see anything standing in the outside bit and the inside part was full

great setlist from strokes too, only played their first 3 albums, as my first time seeing them this was awesome! definitely feel like i got my moneys worth, lets hope strokes are back in less than 5 years!

• Upvote 1

I was in the very front section on the right and I didn’t know that the sound was bad at all, until my mates further back told me. (Though noticed the mics not working during Is This It)

Sad for those nearer the back that had to deal with such dodgy sound, especially when it’s been so good last year and yesterday! 

Edited by aidenlangan95

wasn’t too far back but couldn’t hear a fucking thing (started off at the front-ish, then tried to move to the right of the sound desk and still couldn’t hear anything)

is anyone else gonna try get some money back? 

Sound was abysmal we weren't too far back, in line with right side speaker. Several "turn it up" chants rang out to no avail. 

Also the time to get in and out of the venue was the worst I've experienced at a festival. Top it all off there's no trains back to Southampton and I'm having to get a coach from Basingstoke ?

Edited by seanz25

anyone know how strict they were with IDs, me and my girlfriend are both 17 (we both look older, get served in all bars etc.) but obviously for the BMTH day it’s anyone under 18 needs to be with someone over 18

7 hours ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Just bought a couple tickets for tomorrow. Anyone knows if I can use the PDF to access? Don't have a printer at home. 

a mate went in today via pdf on phone just had to up the brightness for the scanner to register the barcode so possibly ....  be good to get confirmation from anyone who went in Fri or Today Sat that using phone pdf barcode was successful though!

Can anyone confirm?

7 hours ago, Tkp123 said:

Mate its still working now! sign up & get buying ...

Sun 26 May Christine & The Queens

https://www.showfilmfirst.com/pin/201619