SomeoneListeningIn

All Points East Festival 2019

9 hours ago, DarthSaul said:

I wonder if people who get tickets for free or dirt cheap subsequently spend more at the bars and on food than those who paid full price 

Probably the opposite.

5 hours ago, maxdillon7 said:

anyone seen any strokes merch from their last two “comeback” shows? 

I won't copy the image but there's some images on the strokes subreddit on reddit. The merch is very lacklustre.

10 minutes ago, James96 said:

I won't copy the image but there's some images on the strokes subreddit on reddit. The merch is very lacklustre.

no change there then, cheers

on a side note, i did read the only place to pick up physical copies of jarvis’ new single was at these upcoming shows, so might still be worth checking the merch-stand out anyway:)

20 hours ago, mpdow2 said:

do we have a consensus at all about whether we need to leave John Hopkins early for a good Chems spot (there is a 15 min gap between JH finish and Chems start). You really don’t need to be that close for Chems but you don’t want to be at the back with the talkers. Decisions think I’m leaning towards missing last 15 of jopkins. Group of 10 prob makes that a necessity :(

Honestly I found last year (at all three I went to) that because of the way the site and schedule is set up people largely follow each other around en masse, so having to leave super early to get good spots isn't particularly necessary. Just make your way to the back of the crowd during set A, be quick to get away, and you'll be the first one to set B. I rocked up to all the headliners basically as they were starting last year and could walk into decent positions without any bother at all. (Nick Cave was slightly different but he was also the only day to actually sell out)

14 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Damn it. We’ll deffo have to leave early then. Planning to walk to Stratford International to get our train so it’ll be a long walk from Chems out via Grove road and round.

Thanks for the info!

If it's anything like last year they'll be finished about 15 mins before the advertised curfew, if that gives you any more time. Again, edge your way to the back during the last few songs and you'll get away pretty quick. 

3 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

If it's anything like last year they'll be finished about 15 mins before the advertised curfew, if that gives you any more time. Again, edge your way to the back during the last few songs and you'll get away pretty quick. 

Oh that’s superb thank you. I was wondering whether they might finish 5 or so mins early and that may give us enough time if we stand right at the back for the encore as you say. Cheers.

Weather this weekend is looking very nice. Get me a beer in a completely wasteful plastic cup and get me to Kurt Vile.

• Like 1

Some minor shifts in the times of the West Arena on Christine day.   I've amended the clashfinder accordingly.

It's good news for me as I can now see Princess Nokia and Kurt Vile as she's been shifted forwards by 15 mins.

Just got an email from Festicket not mentioning Mumford and Sons (or strokes but thats obvious) - it hasn't sold out on their site which is a bit strange, maybe just a mistake but could be on the verge of selling out maybe. Anyone got info?

Could anyone give me any advice on getting from Interpol to a good spot for the Strokes? Interpol are finishing at 9:15 and Strokes start at 9:30, so I know I’ll likely have to leave Interpol early to get a good spot, but could anyone tell me how long it’ll take to walk from Interpol on the North Stage to the Strokes on the East stage? Never been before and don’t want to miss any of the Strokes while still seeing as much of Interpol as possible hahaha 

Where are the free tickets? Was sure there’d be free tickets by now especially for a Christine. Mush have sold better than I’d expected.

5 minutes ago, itstimetoleave said:

Made a new account for this... The first three people to message me will get 2x tickets for either Chems or C+TQ's (your choice!)

Messaged you!

Has anyone who’ve won tickets for any of the second week’s had an emails from APE yet? Won 3 pairs of tickets in our group but none of us have heard anything yet

15 minutes ago, itstimetoleave said:

Made a new account for this... The first three people to message me will get 2x tickets for either Chems or C+TQ's (your choice!)

Also messaged you! Thank you! (And a second message with my email address!) 

Edited by xxialac

18 minutes ago, itstimetoleave said:

I've messaged as well!

Ordered tickets for Christine off StubHub on Saturday. They are supposed to be arriving tomorrow but apparently they haven't even been shipped yet.

Should I be worried?

Edited by Gilgamesh69

19 minutes ago, Shikari20 said:

Has anyone who’ve won tickets for any of the second week’s had an emails from APE yet? Won 3 pairs of tickets in our group but none of us have heard anything yet

I've had the same - waiting on 4x tickets for Christine this weekend. I've chased up with the organisers and they said they should be sent out today. If you're waiting for Weekend 2 tickets they may not arrive until last minute.

can anyone recommend any pubs nearby the event for a few beers beforehand? Meeting up with a few people from around the country so we be good to have a few sups and a catch up before heading in - preferably with a decent beer garden! 

39 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

can anyone recommend any pubs nearby the event for a few beers beforehand? Meeting up with a few people from around the country so we be good to have a few sups and a catch up before heading in - preferably with a decent beer garden! 

Depending on which way you come from Crate Brewery, People's Park Tavern, The Hemingway and The Palm Tree all fit the bill.

Avoid the Royal Inn, despite the tempting location, it's pretty charmless and attracts a clientele to match, will also be overcrowded and service is always slow.

53 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

There's a good distillery just down the road - East London Liquor Company. Failing that, and for a proper pub, the other side of Victoria Park has a couple.

Funnily enough, I had a pub crawl around there recently as I'm local and put together a handy map..

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1StgTbye_Y006BNcYnGW3Cv8k_P5nBJbp&usp=sharing