All Points East Festival 2019

27 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Field Day at Victoria Park was an infinitely more loveable festival than APE and had sorted most of their issues a few years before getting turfed out. 

Back to APE, Dice have just put comps for pairs of tickets for all days up on the app for anyone in need of a new comp

Depends on your music taste, surely. For many of us, APE and the acts it brings to a series of London day festivals is a breath of fresh air. 

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

Depends on your music taste, surely. For many of us, APE and the acts it brings to a series of London day festivals is a breath of fresh air. 

Mine was a comment on a huge company bullying Field Day and Lovebox out of the park, which line ups aside were more loveable festivals. 

4 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Mine was a comment on a huge company bullying Field Day and Lovebox out of the park, which line ups aside were more loveable festivals. 

Yeah I understand. But I think how loveable it is is down to the calibre of lineup more than anything else with these London ones. After that the stages, layout, drinks etc. Not many people are that fussed about who owns it. I get that it's important to you though so fair enough if you solely meant it in a personal way. 

Edited by The Martini Police

22 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Yeah I understand. But I think how loveable it is is down to the calibre of lineup more than anything else with these London ones. After that the stages, layout, drinks etc. Not many people are that fussed about who owns it. I get that it's important to you though so fair enough if you solely meant it in a personal way. 

It's not even that important to me to be honest, I just think that Field Day had a better overall vibe than APE, the line ups were never anywhere near as wide and varied as they get at APE (across 2 full weekends of course) but I think that they really hit the brief with bold and interesting bookings - more so probably than APE (just not as stellar names) I just think it's a bit of a shame that it looks like Field Day will probably end up finishing at some point soon, and that a company like AEG is one of the biggest causes of that.

19 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

It's not even that important to me to be honest, I just think that Field Day had a better overall vibe than APE, the line ups were never anywhere near as wide and varied as they get at APE (across 2 full weekends of course) but I think that they really hit the brief with bold and interesting bookings - more so probably than APE (just not as stellar names) I just think it's a bit of a shame that it looks like Field Day will probably end up finishing at some point soon, and that a company like AEG is one of the biggest causes of that.

Did Goldenvoice/AGE outbid Field Day with the Council?  Is the Council limited to the number of days Victoria Park can be hired out for commercial purposes?  I don't understand how Field Day was edged out.  The line ups were solid but I always got the impression organization was haphazard and they would deliberately clash more popular acts?

3 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

Did Goldenvoice/AGE outbid Field Day with the Council?  Is the Council limited to the number of days Victoria Park can be hired out for commercial purposes?  I don't understand how Field Day was edged out.  The line ups were solid but I always got the impression organization was haphazard and they would deliberately clash more popular acts?

Yes, they outbid Field Day. Yes, I think it's allowed to be used for a maximum of 6 days. Field Day was great when I went in 2017 but it was a disaster in 2018; an absolute mess, especially on the 2nd day. 

Edited by aidenlangan95

7 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Yes, they outbid Field Day. Yes, I think it's allowed to be used for a maximum of 6 days. Field Day was great when I went in 2017 but it was a disaster in 2018; an absolute mess, especially on the 2nd day. 

Breaking news: Field Day will be a disaster in 2019. Everything points to it.

8 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

2017 was one of, if not the best ever. Forced to move in 2018 and surprise surprise it went terribly 

10 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

AEG/Goldenvoice paid a lot for exclusive use of the the Park, so muscled Field Day out of the park basically. The organisation in the early days was atrocious at Field Day, but they had ironed out any of those issues in the later years. I don't know what they could do about clashing more popular acts? It was a one or two day festival with 6 or so stages? Clashes are inevitable.

38 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

AEG/Goldenvoice paid a lot for exclusive use of the the Park, so muscled Field Day out of the park basically. The organisation in the early days was atrocious at Field Day, but they had ironed out any of those issues in the later years. I don't know what they could do about clashing more popular acts? It was a one or two day festival with 6 or so stages? Clashes are inevitable.

Thanks.  And cheers for not digging up my AEG typo, touch of class :-)  I just got the impression they would have the 2 biggest acts of a day starting at exactly the same time on different stages i.e. no attempt at all to even stagger them.  To be fair APE did pretty much this last year with TWOD and Future Islands.  Could Field Day and Lovebox not have bid together for (at least) 4 days?  Sounds like there was maybe a bit more to it than simply being outbid?  Was there crowd trouble maybe?

37 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

Thanks.  And cheers for not digging up my AEG typo, touch of class :-)  I just got the impression they would have the 2 biggest acts of a day starting at exactly the same time on different stages i.e. no attempt at all to even stagger them.  To be fair APE did pretty much this last year with TWOD and Future Islands.  Could Field Day and Lovebox not have bid together for (at least) 4 days?  Sounds like there was maybe a bit more to it than simply being outbid?  Was there crowd trouble maybe?

They typically had all of the stages finishing at the same time, so there were always clashes, but it wasn't something that I recall too many people seriously grumbling about. There wasn't ever any crowd trouble, my understanding is that AEG slapped a big envelope of cash down on Tower Hamlets table and requested full exclusive access to the site, this probably suited the council more because they are able to deliver the free festival in the middle of the 2 APE weekends that sorts the local residents out a bit, whereas Field Day and Lovebox were normally 6 weeks apart. I think that AEG have put together a really great festival with APE, and the organisation of last year was something I hadn't ever seen from a virgin festival before so they have clearly brought a whole heap of expertise with them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Han-Tyumi said:

Not sure if this has been posted but DICE are running competitions for each day on their app.

Ta for this! Albeit only 1x pair tix each event on offer its deffo worth a punt if like me you cant afford tkt prices. Even the £40ish on stubhub ;0]