All Points East Festival 2019

Sharon van Etten on the undercard of a good headliner pls. Got round to listening to her this week on the back of that LCD cover she did, and she is absolutely brilliant. Gonna hold off for another week from booking a ticket for her Manchester gig in case she's here, but will probably go to it regardless tbf. Watch it sell out in the next few days.

58 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Sharon van Etten on the undercard of a good headliner pls. Got round to listening to her this week on the back of that LCD cover she did, and she is absolutely brilliant. Gonna hold off for another week from booking a ticket for her Manchester gig in case she's here, but will probably go to it regardless tbf. Watch it sell out in the next few days.

If the artist has any influence in the undercard like the national did then I could definitely see her on the Bon Iver day

Justin could bring her out for a nice 'Love More' cover

Edited by James96

11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Not sure how I feel about Bon Iver. Haven't listened to much of them but I can't just imagine them being an exciting headliner, their music seems too slow 

They're not the most ideal festival act by any means, but do put on an excellent show. Bjork played last year and I wouldn't have said she was an exciting headliner (her set was good, but VERY Utopia heavy)

9 minutes ago, James96 said:

They're not the most ideal festival act by any means, but do put on an excellent show. Bjork played last year and I wouldn't have said she was an exciting headliner (her set was good, but VERY Utopia heavy)

This year Bjork was probably the headliner I'd most been looking forward to but was a little disapppinted. On the other hand, I hadn't listened to much The National or LCD Soundysystem so bad low expectations. Thought both were great; Yeah Yeah Yeahs into LCD is one of my music highlights of the year tbh. So maybe I'll be surprised again...

Edited by Gilgamesh69

7 hours ago, Chaarlie said:

Seems weird to be talking about Bon Iver and BMTH headlining the same festival, I'm okay with it for sure, just odd.

BMTH won't do the festival if they play, tbf. Officially speaking it'll just be a big BMTH gig organised by APE.

On an unrelated note, I really hope they get in something cool to fill the gap left by Despacio. Had a good time in there and having stuff like that really helped to make it feel more like a proper festival than these kinds of London events usually do.

Edited by Mash011

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

BMTH won't do the festival if they play, tbf. Officially speaking it'll just be a big BMTH gig organised by APE.

Aye. If someone had to make me pick, I'd assume that Vampire Weekend, Bon Iver and one other are doing the All Points East Festival weekend and that BMTH, David Byrne and one other are down for APE Presents.

The general sheer calibre of artists being thrown around for this again is pretty great though, I'm not going to lie.

I'd go to this...

Friday 

East Stage: Bon Iver // Kacey Musgraves // Wye Oak // Phosphorescent 

North Stage: MGMT // Car Seat Headrest // The Staves 

West Stage: Beach House // Let's Eat Grandma // Kero Kero Bonito 

Saturday

East Stage: Disclosure // Robyn // Neneh Cherry 

North Stage: Caribou // Sons of Kemet 

West Stage: Pusha T // Death Grips // Noname   

Sunday

East Stage: David Byrne // Janelle Monae 

North Stage: Hot Chip // Mitski

East Stage: IDLES // Parquet Courts // Iceage                        

55 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I'd go to this...

Friday 

Saturday

Sunday

Jesus Christ that Sunday.

If Byrne does it I reckon he'll do one of the APE Presents shows, though.

Annoyingly I probably won't be able to go to the first weekend so I'm more interested in the Presents shows.

Went to see David Byrne tonight at the O2 and the top tier wasn't even open and the corners/back seemed quite patchy so can't see him headlining any day if the capacity is 40,000. 

Obviously the show was as good as everyone's saying and maybe a good undercard will get people in, so hopefully I'm wrong but it did surprise me that so much was closed. 

16 minutes ago, mynameismatt said:

Went to see David Byrne tonight at the O2 and the top tier wasn't even open and the corners/back seemed quite patchy so can't see him headlining any day if the capacity is 40,000. 

Obviously the show was as good as everyone's saying and maybe a good undercard will get people in, so hopefully I'm wrong but it did surprise me that so much was closed. 

It was always ambitious - he's played 3 shows at Hammersmith and an extensive European tour - and the O2 prices were ££££ - I came back from the show tonight (5th time seeing him this year) and I was lucky to be front row; my friend paid £20 to sit upstairs and found himself upgraded to downstairs..

Was still a brilliant night - I can see him playing the Beck / St. Vincent / Phoenix slot on second stage of APE next year...

11 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I'd go to this...

Friday 

Saturday

Sunday

Great set of acts but I will say that your West Stage headliners are more likely to play somewhere on the middle of the main stage with a dance act of some kind taking the West headline slot. I also don't really think we'll get David Byrne much as I'd love it to happen. Well up for this though.

12 hours ago, mynameismatt said:

I would have gone but they wanted £100 for anywhere decent which is too much £££ for me.

£65 with a good supporting bill at APE would do fine IMO

12 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

David Byrne is not playing a second stage anywhere. Even if it's where he should be playing, there's absolutely no chance he's taking it.

Yeah but don't think he's headlined a festival either? 

Think he played the second stage at Rock Wertcher, so reckon it's not impossible. 

Like I say it was a great show and I hope I'm wrong and he'll be there but can't see it as a headliner anyway.