All Points East Festival 2019

49 minutes ago, PorkSoda said:

Metronomy seem to be back next year, could sub on vampire weekend day? 

Seem like a sure thing for one of the APE days if they're free.

I don't know if I'm reading into it a bit much but they seem low down on that Live at Leeds bill - they seem to be billed after Sundara Karma and Tom Grennan on each of the posters released, which is wild to say they were headlining the stage SK next-to-opened at Glastonbury last year. I guess the real measurement is what  venue they play.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Seem like a sure thing for one of the APE days if they're free.

I don't know if I'm reading into it a bit much but they seem low down on that Live at Leeds bill - they seem to be billed after Sundara Karma and Tom Grennan on each of the posters released, which is wild to say they were headlining the stage SK next-to-opened at Glastonbury last year. I guess the real measurement is what  venue they play.

Facebook write up gives them same billing, so on the posters it’s probably just a design thing. 

The Vaccines headlined last year didn’t they? So they do get some quite good bookings at this. 

24 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Facebook write up gives them same billing, so on the posters it’s probably just a design thing. 

The Vaccines headlined last year didn’t they? So they do get some quite good bookings at this. 

I dunno, it's the same order they're announced on everything.

Anyway, regardless of all that I think Metronomy would be best suited to third down at this. Metronomy>MGMT>Vamps Weeks would be hot.

On 10/30/2018 at 12:33 PM, DomDom1984 said:

David Byrne is not playing a second stage anywhere. Even if it's where he should be playing, there's absolutely no chance he's taking it.

Saw him on the second stage at Metronome fest in Prague this summer, that was a small festival with about a 10k capacity I think. Massive Attack headlined the main stage.

Was hoping (based on nothing at all) that Frank Ocean was gonna show up at this next year, I think Bon Iver being there is bad news for me as it probably means that has virtually no chance of happening now. Bit too similar to have those headline 2 of the 3 nights I think. Unless Bon Iver is APE.

39 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Was hoping (based on nothing at all) that Frank Ocean was gonna show up at this next year, I think Bon Iver being there is bad news for me as it probably means that has virtually no chance of happening now. Bit too similar to have those headline 2 of the 3 nights I think. Unless Bon Iver is APE.

They were both booked to headline Primavera last year so I don't see it being a problem.

Really surprised nothing's been announced yet. 11 days now since they blacked out the website for a change.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They were both booked to headline Primavera last year so I don't see it being a problem.

Really surprised nothing's been announced yet. 11 days now since they blacked out the website for a change.

Fair enough. Back to blind hope I go!

On 10/30/2018 at 1:19 PM, dentalplan said:

The day tickets for this are cheaper than an average David Byrne ticket, aren't they? I think it'd be headline or nothing.

The festival I mentioned in Prague further up the page (Metronome) where he played 2nd stage - think my ticket was the equivalent of about £65 for the full 2-day ticket.

50 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Not really. They haven't done an indoor tour for ages so the 02 date is likely to sell well. I'd say it makes it less likely but not impossible. 

Not that long ago - around the time of the last EP iirc, which was 2016. And I don’t think the O2 will sell to the point they can announce a 40k capacity gig for the overspill next week.

Could be way off the mark but I’m not even convinced the arena tour will sell out. They’ve done a lot of big, Mezzanine heavy gigs over the past few years to satisfy most people who would’ve been interested.

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not that long ago - around the time of the last EP iirc, which was 2016. And I don’t think the O2 will sell to the point they can announce a 40k capacity gig for the overspill next week.

Could be way off the mark but I’m not even convinced the arena tour will sell out. They’ve done a lot of big, Mezzanine heavy gigs over the past few years to satisfy most people who would’ve been interested.

So they did, I'd forgotten about that. You're probably right, I think the tour will sell well though.

Perhaps they'll end up at Latitude, Green Man &/or Glastonbury instead. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

So what's the deal with this lack of announcement? They're running out of time if they want to get it out and selling before Christmas. I fully expected it to be announced and selling by today.

Surely next week. If not it'll be getting on a bit, I'm not expecting the whole line up but definitely one or two, probably Bon Iver and someone else seeing as though they're slowly announcing themselves for festivals every few days.

57 minutes ago, James96 said:

Surely next week. If not it'll be getting on a bit, I'm not expecting the whole line up but definitely one or two, probably Bon Iver and someone else seeing as though they're slowly announcing themselves for festivals every few days.

Might be the case that last year's announcement was early due to them being a brand new festival and wanting to get their name and lineup out there before the other festivals went on sale.

Notice BST haven't announced anything yet either, they're usually good for a few big names in the run up to Christmas.

37 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Might be the case that last year's announcement was early due to them being a brand new festival and wanting to get their name and lineup out there before the other festivals went on sale.

Notice BST haven't announced anything yet either, they're usually good for a few big names in the run up to Christmas.

Had Bon Jovi not announced Wembley, I'd have expected them to be nailed on for BST.