All Points East Festival 2019

25 minutes ago, Tom_in_a_field said:

Heard over the weekend from someone who works at another festival that they strongly believe Strokes are headlining APE.

Seperately, the band I've hinted at previously was still looking likely as of 2 weeks ago.

Hope you're right. Latitude lineup on Thursday should give an idea. If they're there I think I'll make the trip down, always wanted to see them but doubt they'll play Scotland.

21 minutes ago, James96 said:

Looks like Tame Impala are probably out of this, playing Boston calling on the 26th May. Maybe they can play on the 1st June but I think they're booked up for then as well.

They do Primavera Sound on 31st and are at We Love Green (Paris) on June 2nd (according to festival website, not particularly clear). Haven't seen any other dates. So it's possible but not the obvious route. 

6 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

So if The Strokes are announced tomorrow for Latitude tomorrow it rules them out of this but if they're not then pretty decent chance they're at APE?

Seems that way. Here's hoping. Even then could be waiting a few more weeks for new announcements

1 hour ago, Chaarlie said:

Thoughts on mother tongue? very poppy but I prefer it to medicine, reminding me of Linkin Park's last album so far, going to be a mixed bag it seems.

It's okay, not too much of a fan personally.

Can completely see BMTH's November tour being their last 'heavy' tour. They brought back some deathcore, released the 2 (probably) most guitar based songs off their album as kind of a final farewell to the older era before releasing medicine, mother tongue and the rest of amo. Imagine theyll cut house of wolves, avalanche, go to hell for heaven's sake etc. from their setlists now and take their band in the direction they're going.

On 1/22/2019 at 11:51 AM, DR OK said:

Maybe the plan was a lattitiude exclusive then the opportunity came up to play high at Glastonbury without the exclusivity requirement (as it's already sold out) so both APE and Glastonbury?

When I heard about The Strokes at Latitude, it came through a conversation about The Strokes being fairly open to where they played, and were touted amongst a few festivals. I believe this is very unStrokesish from time gone by. 

Of course it could be wrong, but it makes me think they might be playing more than once in the UK. 

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

When I heard about The Strokes at Latitude, it came through a conversation about The Strokes being fairly open to where they played, and were touted amongst a few festivals. I believe this is very unStrokesish from time gone by. 

Of course it could be wrong, but it makes me think they might be playing more than once in the UK. 

I bloody hope so as I go on holiday the day before latitude!

Tbf Killers did Latitude, IOW, TRNSMT and 2 stadium shows off the back of like a 20 date arena tour in 2017 so I dont see why the Strokes wouldnt be open to doing more than one in the UK. They may even do TRNSMT? 

3 minutes ago, R Shah said:

I bloody hope so as I go on holiday the day before latitude!

Tbf Killers did Latitude, IOW, TRNSMT and 2 stadium shows off the back of like a 20 date arena tour in 2017 so I dont see why the Strokes wouldnt be open to doing more than one in the UK. They may even do TRNSMT? 

They're not doing Trnsmt anyway, but can't speak for any others. 

2 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Tame Impala are free on the second weekend, aren't they?

No, they do Primavera Sound on 31st and are at We Love Green (Paris) on June 2nd (according to festival website, not particularly clear). Haven't seen any other dates. So it's a possibility for the Saturday, but not the obvious route.

1 minute ago, StupidDream said:

No, they do Primavera Sound on 31st and are at We Love Green (Paris) on June 2nd (according to festival website, not particularly clear). Haven't seen any other dates. So it's a possibility for the Saturday, but not the obvious route.

Yeah that's what I meant by free, they don't have a show on the Saturday. Barca to London to Paris is hardly crazy.

21 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah that's what I meant by free, they don't have a show on the Saturday. Barca to London to Paris is hardly crazy.

Depending on who’s still in Pond out of Tame Impala, they might be looking at 5 or 6 shows over three days in three countries if Tame Impala headlined Saturday here.