SomeoneListeningIn

All Points East Festival 2019

4 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

If the Strokes play Lattitude does that defo rule them out of APE. Really want to see them but APE appeals way more and I'm away for most of july.

It wouldn't definitely rule them out.

But as Latitude is ultimately owned by Live Nation (via Festival Republic), and APE is owned by their biggest global rival AEG (via Goldenvoice), the odds of a band headlining both events in the same year would have to be seen as minimal. You'd have to expect that at least one and probably both of the promoters would squash the idea.

8 hours ago, Chungus said:

Anyone got any idea when we can expect the final two announcements??? 

First 2 weeks of jan I reckon 

12 hours ago, zahidf said:

First 2 weeks of jan I reckon 

My guess would be later.

The first week or so is normally very quiet for announcements.

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

My guess would be later.

The first week or so is normally very quiet for announcements.

Yep, first pay of the year in the last week of Jan as well

Anyone think Oh Sees could get announced for one of the days?

They have a little UK tour scheduled for next may with no London date, and it finishes just in time for All Points East.

I guess they could fit somewhere on the BMTH day, or another day that hasn't been announced yet.

On 12/24/2018 at 7:20 AM, Sean1234321 said:

Anyone think Oh Sees could get announced for one of the days?

They have a little UK tour scheduled for next may with no London date, and it finishes just in time for All Points East.

I guess they could fit somewhere on the BMTH day, or another day that hasn't been announced yet.

yeah seems possible for sure.

Anyone who got cheap last min tickets last year, roughly how much were they? Was it a BST £2.50 jobby or was it all via ticketswap etc? I'm very interested in going to a couple of the days but not £62.50 interested.

1 hour ago, Guy Incognito said:

yeah seems possible for sure.

Anyone who got cheap last min tickets last year, roughly how much were they? Was it a BST £2.50 jobby or was it all via ticketswap etc? I'm very interested in going to a couple of the days but not £62.50 interested.

Yeah, secondary ticketing sites. I think finding tickets (for non-Catfish days) for below £40 was pretty rare.

BMTH just leaked live on Radio 1 that Architects are at APE. When Annie asked them about the acts, he literally said "We've got nothing but thieves, Arch- oops, some that we can't tell you about yet" it sounded so deliberate lol 

Shaping up to be a fantastic day.

15 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

When are we thinking we'll hear some new names? 

somewhen after the middle of the month is my guess.

It's normally very quiet for announcements the first couple of weeks of the year.

15 hours ago, R Shah said:

BMTH just leaked live on Radio 1 that Architects are at APE. When Annie asked them about the acts, he literally said "We've got nothing but thieves, Arch- oops, some that we can't tell you about yet" it sounded so deliberate lol 

Shaping up to be a fantastic day.

So architects are on the next anncoment

26 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

somewhen after the middle of the month is my guess.

It's normally very quiet for announcements the first couple of weeks of the year.

Thank you, and yes that makes sense.

I think the next announcement will come at the end of the month. Architects tour finishes on the 19th, I belive. 

57 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think the next announcement will come at the end of the month. Architects tour finishes on the 19th, I belive. 

They’ll probably be focused on putting the headline names out first. They were very sluggish and spontaneous confirming the undercard last year.

23 hours ago, Dukey said:

Anyone heard BMTH's new single Medicine? I like it, but very different. 

Don't mind them going for a different style there were some great, more electronic sounding tracks on the last album like follow you. This just sounds a bit dull though imo, loved the last two tracks though and I'm still pretty excited for the album.

I'm not sure if anyone was still expecting them for this but The Strokes are playing New York on June 2nd, so it's first weekend or nothing now. The Latitude rumour seems much more likely.

23 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I'm not sure if anyone was still expecting them for this but The Strokes are playing New York on June 2nd, so it's first weekend or nothing now. The Latitude rumour seems much more likely.

Yeah, very unlikely they come to the UK/Europe then back to the US and then back over here again for the festival tour a few weeks later, sadly. 

Also noticed Mitski is on that lineup on the 31st May. Does that solve that particular APE mystery? Can't remember which day she was expected for.

Edited by The Martini Police

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

Yeah, very unlikely they come to the UK/Europe then back to the US and then back over here again for the festival tour a few weeks later, sadly. 

Also noticed Mitski is on that lineup on the 31st May. Does that solve that particular APE mystery? Can't remember which day she was expected for.

Bon Iver day 

Any solid tips on who is playing the Saturday of weekend 2? Flying over for the Bon Iver gig and just debating whether I want to make a weekend of it or just stick to the one day. No interest in BMTH.

Flew over for the LCD day last year and had a great time so no issue just doing the one day again if I need to.

Tame Impala have been announced for Boston Calling which is on the first APE weekend, so I reckon they’ll be the Saturday headliner for weekend 2. Them and Foals make sense for the remaining two days.

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Tame Impala have been announced for Boston Calling which is on the first APE weekend, so I reckon they’ll be the Saturday headliner for weekend 2. Them and Foals make sense for the remaining two days.

I dunno. Tame Impala and Pond sets at PS on Friday and then they’re both announced for We Love Green (ffs) over that weekend too.

Just now, dentalplan said:

I dunno. Tame Impala and Pond sets at PS on Friday and then they’re both announced for We Love Green (ffs) over that weekend too.

Ah I didn't know about We Love Green. Where else is there for Kevin and the lads then? Parklife and Glastonbury are the only things that come to mind, unless they do a big Finsbury gig but not sure that would sell very well. 

Just now, kingcrawler said:

Ah I didn't know about We Love Green. Where else is there for Kevin and the lads then? Parklife and Glastonbury are the only things that come to mind, unless they do a big Finsbury gig but not sure that would sell very well. 

R+L probs.