Jump to content
SomeoneListeningIn

All Points East Festival 2019

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, John L said:

I don’t recall any reference to it being a Britpop band? Green Day still most likely IMO

The immediately prior comment suggested there it was one of a long list of Britpop band candidates which was agreed with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guys only made three posts on here and there was no mention of britpop or any other genre :lol: just it’s a 25 year anniversary show, they’d fit playing in a park in London and later that they’ve been mentioned in this topic. 

Green Day seems obvious to me, they’ve even said they're rehearsing Dookie in full recently...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AAlex said:

The guys only made three posts on here and there was no mention of britpop or any other genre :lol: just it’s a 25 year anniversary show, they’d fit playing in a park in London and later that they’ve been mentioned in this topic. 

Green Day seems obvious to me, they’ve even said they're rehearsing Dookie in full recently...

Not true

 

image.thumb.png.872783ed171906f0d00eb0e65de76a15.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Not true

 

image.thumb.png.872783ed171906f0d00eb0e65de76a15.png

I don't think that's him saying it's a Britpop act. He's saying out of all th Britpop acts only a couple fit his clue. Doesn't mean one of them is who he was talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I don't think that's him saying it's a Britpop act. He's saying out of all th Britpop acts only a couple fit his clue. Doesn't mean one of them is who he was talking about.

Why would he suggest that names that aren't his name fit his clue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Why would he suggest that names that aren't his name fit his clue?

Huh? He doesn't suggest any names. If I was posting a clue about, say, Pearl Jam, and someone posted that "Could be a long list of ageing Brit pop bands that you could mention", suggesting my hint was too open ended, I could easily reply like "Yeah but only a couple of them are big enough to do the gig", countering that suggestion, even though my hint wasn't about a Britpop act.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Huh? He doesn't suggest any names. If I was posting a clue about, say, Pearl Jam, and someone posted that "Could be a long list of ageing Brit pop bands that you could mention", suggesting my hint was too open ended, I could easily reply like "Yeah but only a couple of them are big enough to do the gig", countering that suggestion, even though my hint wasn't about a Britpop act.

Except that in the last clause of the same sentence he makes the link to a band 'perfect for a playing a park in London' which is a barely guarded reference to Parklife in the same context.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Except that in the last clause of the same sentence he makes the link to a band 'perfect for a playing a park in London' which is a barely guarded reference to Parklife in the same context.

What? Just because it has the word "park" in it? I saw the clue at the time and thought everyone was getting way ahead of themselves by thinking that was definitely a reference to Parklife. Or am I missing something here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

What? Just because it has the word "park" in it? I saw the clue at the time and thought everyone was getting way ahead of themselves by thinking that was definitely a reference to Parklife. Or am I missing something here?

Yes, because he says in his messages he has provided a clue. And in the context of a statement about Brit Pop, the clunky English wording 'perfect for a playing a park in London' is exactly that. Especially in relation to an album from 1996.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parklife is inspired by a London fucking park why would anyone be talking about Green Day playing Dookie right now?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The clue is they’d be perfect to play a park in London, and you can say they’re perfect to play a park in London because they’ve already done it...

97756CA3-F427-43F9-8A47-F43693B2FB2C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Could be a long list of ageing Britpop bands you could mention. Now when was His 'n Hers released?"

"Yes but only a handful have ones (ALBUMS) that would be perfect and big enough for playing a park in London"

PARKLIFE, HINT HINT, NUDGE NUDGE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, AAlex said:

The clue is they’d be perfect to play a park in London, and you can say they’re perfect to play a park in London because they’ve already done it...

 

I see. But, as @xxialac points out, I see the hint to mean about the album itself being 'perfect for playing a park in London.' 

Even aside from that, I think Blur have played Hyde Park three or four times since reuniting so they would have Green Day beat on that front anyway. :P Not to mention they'd actually suit playing All Points East.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I see. But, as @xxialac points out, I see the hint to mean about the album itself being 'perfect for playing a park in London.' 

Even aside from that, I think Blur have played Hyde Park three or four times since reuniting so they would have Green Day beat on that front anyway. :P Not to mention they'd actually suit playing All Points East.

Hahaha I'm only joking, for all we know the guy who posted the 'hint' could have a Bobby Gillespie tattoo on his leg and that's why he thinks they'd be the biggest headliner out the lot playing GOBDGU.

Green Day seem the obvious choice to me but they wouldn't tempt me at all, I wouldn't get much work done the Morning Blur tickets went on sale though, so I'm happy to be wrong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Green Day play APE so soon after Hyde Park, and The National playing Hyde Park virtually five mins after APE - it would seem like APE has gone in on itself after what I felt was a stellar first year lineup...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

If Green Day play APE so soon after Hyde Park, and The National playing Hyde Park virtually five mins after APE - it would seem like APE has gone in on itself after what I felt was a stellar first year lineup...

Well the good news is that Green Day aren't playing here and The National playing BST surely doesn't affect this year's APE lineup.

But based on the acts that are playing this, I agree about a major drop-off from last year. Really hope they've got something up their sleeves for the two Saturdays.

Edited by dentalplan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Well the good news is that Green Day aren't playing here and The National playing BST surely doesn't affect this year's APE lineup.

But based on the acts that are playing this, I agree about a major drop-off from last year. Really hope they've got something up their sleeves for the two Saturdays.

Surely they can only book who is around at the moment? Admittedly, last years was very strong and maybe they went all out as it was the first one but I don't think it's wise to assume they'll spend money like that every year...I would guess they are still very much in the red. 

This year is still pretty big - the Bon Iver and Christine days seem good so I'm excited to see what they add. And if you're into Rock/Metal then the BMTH and Architects day (if the rumours are true) would be absolutely massive with two arena sized bands. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe its 16+ & you'll probably be fine.

10 minutes ago, Chungus said:

Pretty much all the APE days are 18+. How heavily do you think this will be enforced 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just booked three tickets to bring me the horizon and it's gone through twice with two order numbers 😫what are the chances of them refunding me for one order? Their phone lines too busy to take calls eugh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chungus said:

Pretty much all the APE days are 18+. How heavily do you think this will be enforced 

"Children under the age of 2 will be admitted free of charge." think you'll be okay... under 18s need to go in with an adult but I used to just find someone in the queue to go in with before I or any of my friends were 18, most people don't really care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, xxialac said:

"Could be a long list of ageing Britpop bands you could mention. Now when was His 'n Hers released?"

"Yes but only a handful have ones (ALBUMS) that would be perfect and big enough for playing a park in London"

PARKLIFE, HINT HINT, NUDGE NUDGE

His 'n He's was released in 1994 I think. So will be 25 years but can't see anything happening with Pulp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×