All Points East Festival 2019

13 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

How come you're thinking that?

because I'#ve heard a few different all-conflicting whispers about the strokes and none of them feel to me like there's actually anything there.

That doesn't mean that I think the whispers I heard were invented, to be clear. It more feels like promoters were trying but not succeeding.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I don't know why people think IDLES will be really high?, they sold a tour yes but of small venues...everyone has got on the high and are reacting as if they've just sold loads of Brixton venues and will be 3rs down.

But the demand for those Camden Ballroom shows was ludicrous. The whole UK spring tour sold out in a morning. If they'd announced 2 or 3 Brixton shows, they would be sold out too - maybe even an Ally Pally.

2 minutes ago, fingers_mark said:

But the demand for those Camden Ballroom shows was ludicrous. The whole UK spring tour sold out in a morning. If they'd announced 2 or 3 Brixton shows, they would be sold out too - maybe even an Ally Pally.

Exactly. Although this is a very small comparison point, Idles sold out Brighton Dome in a couple minutes meanwhile Future Islands didn't sell it out last year, not to my knowledge. And they subbed The National if I'm correct. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

because I'#ve heard a few different all-conflicting whispers about the strokes and none of them feel to me like there's actually anything there.

That doesn't mean that I think the whispers I heard were invented, to be clear. It more feels like promoters were trying but not succeeding.

When you say there may be nothing there, do you mean no return at all? Or no UK shows? Latitude info changed?

Just now, The Martini Police said:

When you say there may be nothing there, do you mean no return at all? Or no UK shows? Latitude info changed?

Ultimately I can only guess at it.

For instance, I've been told defo at Latitude and defo not at Latitude. I've got stronger info suggesting not but it's not conclusive, and although I think a I removed them from the rumours a week or so back, that might end being the wrong thing to have done.

ST18-Official-AdmatLRG-1-1.jpg

Might get a few of these on the BMTH day, being so close and sharing scarlxrd already, hope for Architects, Beartooth, the Feever 333, WSS, Boston Manor or Pretty Vicious. On another note are the Prodigy an off chance for a headliner? so hard to say what this festival is going for now but they aren't playing any UK fests yet are they?

3 minutes ago, Tom_in_a_field said:

I thought my 2nd post made it a little more obvious who it may be... 

It's not Prodigy but it's band that has been mentioned.

Second post was "yes... but only a handful have one's that would be perfect, and big enough, for playing a park in London."

Park in London. Park. Parklife.

Blur confirmed folks

Also, any recommendations on where to begin with BMTH? They're one of those bands that have passed me by, always thought they were for edgy teens

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Blur confirmed folks

Also, any recommendations on where to begin with BMTH? They're one of those bands that have passed me by, always thought they were for edgy teens

ah interesting, do you have info on the other headliner as well or just Blur, no undercard info I take it?

They are for edgy teens, sweaty edgy teens. They used to do a lot heavier stuff but have gone a lot more mainstream radio 1 suitable of late. Majority of their set will be from thats the spirit, Drown, Happy Song and Throne are the best live imo and Can you feel my heart from sempiternal.

25 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Second post was "yes... but only a handful have one's that would be perfect, and big enough, for playing a park in London."

Park in London. Park. Parklife.

Blur confirmed folks

Don’t look any further back than Sempiternal as it’s highly unlikely they’ll play anything before that. 

2 minutes ago, Sailorjerry1 said:

Don’t look any further back than Sempiternal as it’s highly unlikely they’ll play anything before that. 

They play a mashup of old songs: The Comedown / (I Used to Make Out With) Medusa / Diamonds Aren't Forever / Re: They Have No Reflections but yeah thats it otherwise, different style now really and I think he struggles to sing the old stuff now they've cut back on the Ketamin...

I'm late to the party but I'm very much confused. Are Christine and the Queens already at headline status? I didn't realise they were that big that they could only headline.

I would've thought at the very best, they would play in the slot Lorde, Beck or Phoenix played as the sub headliner on the other stage prior to the main headliner.

57 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

@eFestivals Have you lost faith in The Strokes info or have they disappeared in error?

I took them off, this morning (or yesterday?).

Yeah, i've sort-of lost faith with it. The Strokes info I've had couldn't really all be right, and with little else around I'm thinking there's nothing happening. 

The one that feels most likely to me is the rumour for APE, so you never know, still might happen.

8 minutes ago, foolee said:

Thinking about going to the BMTH day but didn't go last year. How was it on a whole at the festival? Like organisation, vibe, food/drink etc. Any help will be much appreciated!

Honestly i thought it was great, All Points East was one of my highlights of this year. Went to all the days except for Catfish and the Bottlemen. Never took me long to get in,  only had a long queue for the loos on the first day, and there's lots of nice food there. I'd especially recommend the sushi wraps tbh. The sound was pretty great for a new outdoor festival too. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

Are Christine and the Queens already at headline status?

in the absence of another band that would sell more tickets, any band has headline potential. :P 

It's not the safest of headliner bookings, but I don't think it's a huge risk, and not all shows sold out this year.

I'm pleased to see APE pushing the headliner envelope instead of filling the spot with some too-sad heritage act that probably could sell all the tickets. :)