All Points East Festival 2019

13 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Wouldn't be the biggest headliner of the year tho would it? Mind you that's a pretty baseless clue 

They're an arena headliner I suppose, and more of a well known name than most APE headliners... About neck and neck with Chems I suppose so it wouldn't be entirely inaccurate to say that.

Although, looking at these Jamiroquai album, it seems that Travelling Without Moving is by far their biggest album and quite possibly the only one that really makes sense to do in full. Add in that Jamiroquai headlining APE would be naff as hell. 

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Green Day doesn't fit the All Point East demographic at all.

Bring Me The Horizon neither, but at least they can appeal to those who liked Catfish.

I'm guessing Portishead or... crazy one... Blur.

A lot of the people who like catfish/hunna/blossoms which was the kind of feel of the day won't like BMTH - way too heavy for that crowd

50 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Ooh this has got me excited. That would be an amazing lineup. 

BMTH / Architects / Run The Jewels / Nothing But Thieves / While She Sleeps / IDLES / scarlxrd 

COME ON. 

I'm no expert on Nothing But Thieves, but they've just played the Apollo in Manc- they'd be main support surely? Definitely above RTJ anyway.

45 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

And we've ruled out Pulp His N Hers for the 94 reunion?

I know we said Jarvis doing solo stuff...

It's all gone a bit quiet on the Jarvis solo stuff front, to be fair. If it's gonna happen, they'll be announced for Primavera tomorrow... 

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

I'm no expert on Nothing But Thieves, but they've just played the Apollo in Manc- they'd be main support surely? Definitely above RTJ anyway.

Think that'd be about right for NBT in previous years but maybe they'll take the step up this year. Think dental is right sadly and it'd be an architects/rtj clash. Also IDLES are way lower than they're being predicted on other threads, hard to place them with how quickly they've blown up tbh but I'm sure it'll be higher than they are there.

7 hours ago, Chaarlie said:

Think that'd be about right for NBT in previous years but maybe they'll take the step up this year. Think dental is right sadly and it'd be an architects/rtj clash. Also IDLES are way lower than they're being predicted on other threads, hard to place them with how quickly they've blown up tbh but I'm sure it'll be higher than they are there.

I don't know why people think IDLES will be really high?, they sold a tour yes but of small venues...everyone has got on the high and are reacting as if they've just sold loads of Brixton venues and will be 3rs down.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

I don't know why people think IDLES will be really high?, they sold a tour yes but of small venues...everyone has got on the high and are reacting as if they've just sold loads of Brixton venues and will be 3rs down.

Yep my mistake, looks like they'll only be second on the day by that poster, they seem to be the only one with the ">" symbol, kinda looks like there's a band missing from that poster. Would make a pretty week 2000 Trees headliner which has been suggested.