All Points East Festival 2019

5 minutes ago, Tom_in_a_field said:

Realise that there is no reason to trust someones 1st post on here.

However heard yesterday that there will be a big headliner, playing an album celebrating it's 25th Anniversary next year... Would probably be the biggest headliner they have this year.

1 minute ago, lessthanwill1 said:

PORTISHEAD

Green Day? They've already said they've been rehearsing Dookie in full.

4 minutes ago, Tom_in_a_field said:

Realise that there is no reason to trust someones 1st post on here.

However heard yesterday that there will be a big headliner, playing an album celebrating it's 25th Anniversary next year... Would probably be the biggest headliner they have this year.

Green Day? Dookie will be 25 years old.

Or maybe Portishead; Dummy will also be 25 years old

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

you're havin' a laugh. 

I remember seeing Portishead a few times in the 90s. Was easy to get tickets and they played midsize venues. They were hugely critically acclaimed but they weren't as equally popular by any means. And more recently when they played Glastonbury a few years ago, they weren't on the Pyramid stage.

Do you really think Portishead would have sold out 7 nights at the Hammersmith Apollo?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Green Day doesn't fit the All Point East demographic at all.

Bring Me The Horizon neither, but at least they can appeal to those who liked Catfish.

It's been 1 year they haven't really developed a brand yet, it's dissimilar to last year's but it's just a load of out door London gigs they could book whoever they want honestly. The way they market it will be different like the bmth one coming out in kerrang if that's true.

Did the second weekend have less stages open last year? Any info on that this year?

22 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Green Day doesn't fit the All Point East demographic at all.

Bring Me The Horizon neither, but at least they can appeal to those who liked Catfish.

I'm guessing Portishead or... crazy one... Blur.

There's literally only been one festival so far. They've hardly established a demographic yet, I imagine they're still figuring things out. It's not like if Bloodstock suddenly announced Dizzee Rascal as a headliner or whatever

46 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

What? 

21 minutes ago, Robrobrobrob said:

What about Massive Attack?

London gig in February (? March?) would likely rule them out I think 

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Is Return of the Space Cowboy worth doing in full? Cos Jamiroquai have announced some gigs between 28th May and 4th June in Europe.

Wouldn't be the biggest headliner of the year tho would it? Mind you that's a pretty baseless clue