All Points East Festival 2019

13 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

So I managed to walk near enough to the front for bring me the horizon, but as a casual fan jesus christ what a show- so much fun!! Brilliant setlist, the crowd around me were lovely, no dickheads which is rare in London, and I just had a  blast! For all the negativity around the sales etc I really didnt expect to have such a good time but I bloody loved it!! 

this is exactly how it was. don’t let the pessimists sway your opinion. it was absolutely absolutely phenomenal. BMTH were unbelievable and the crowd were great

• Like 1

Who else went yesterday?

Managed to see IDLES, SWS, WSS, Architects and BMTH, thought they were all great.

Architects the highlight for me, thought they were incredible and enjoyed IDLES v much, friend that came with me doesnt like their music but definitely found them entertaining. - another highlight has to be WSS bringing Oli out for silence speaks.

Couldn't have asked for better weather really, nice atmosphere all day and was pleasantly surprised by how well BMTH performed imo (only because I've seen them before and wasnt sure how they'd handle headlining, but they smashed it)

Would 100% go again next year if theres a day I like as much, just feel for those that went on The Strokes day, as I didnt notice any issues with sound. Brilliant day to kick off the festival season for me

Edited by jamieaslee

Had a cracking day yesterday. Really well organised, much better experience than Slam Dunk. 

The guy who I spoke to showed me the areas they closed yesterday as they only had just over half the capacity. 

Loved Idles and RTJ. Sound for Architects was poor where I was stood for first half but after moving was much better. Great band. 

I wasn't bothered about BMTH but ended up staying for 90 mins as was much better than I thought it would be. 

Will be back next year. 

A really good day yesterday. No complaints with the sound, Idles and RTJ brought it (small crowds tho), and the crowd were loving BMTH. I thought the selection of food was well above the usual standard for these kinda day festivals too. 

Amazing day yesterday. IDLES nailed it. Actually really surprised with how good nothing but thieves were. 

BMTH were great was worried it wasn’t gunna be a good atmosphere but was proved wrong! They may not have brought a sold out crowd but they put on a headliner performance!

Good organisation and easy to get served for food/drink which is ideal so would attend APE again. Managed to watch Idles who were great, sleeping with sirens, while she sleeps, architects before bring me. While she sleeps we’re very good and architects seemed decent but I don’t know their stuff. Bring Me The Horizon, what a show and what a performance. Seen them quite a few times and I’m a big fan but it’s got to be the best time I’ve seen them, such a good setlist and the band were loving it too which is always great to see. Absolutely incredible. 

EDIT: Full price payer here.

Edited by foolee
  • Like 1

Found my way into the Jagerhouse for the first time ever yesterday. Saw Talkshow and Squid in there who were both excellent. 

Elsewhere I saw the last 25 minutes of Idles, Nothing but Thieves and Run The Jewels all of whom were decent enough. Didn’t hang around for BMTH but pleased those that did enjoyed them.

Overall I enjoyed the day and despite some bizarre early issues at the gate yesterday  I do think APE is a very well run festival. They understand that they will sell more beer if they can manage the Qs. I’m looking forward to tomorrow.

Clearly there’s a balance between Headliner expenditure and ticket pricing and sales. They probably got that balance wrong this year. I think the headliners will probably be slightly “bigger” next year. 

I popped along for a couple of hours in the afternoon to see Heavy Lungs, Squid and IDLES. Heavy Lungs and Squid were great in the Jagerhaus, although I'm still coughing up black bits (no exaggeration) from the amount of smoke they used indoors. HL actually blew me away, despite not really knowing them that well. IDLES were good, but not at the level of the previous times I've seen them. 

A note on the crowd yesterday - fairly small, but the friendliest bunch so far at APE IMO. 

We're going to head along today now as well as I too 'won' 2 tickets to all 3 days this weekend through DICE. 

4 minutes ago, Tkp123 said:

Had an absolutely mare. Bought 2 tickets full price for Bon Iver and my mate had lost them somewhere! Currently turning the house upside down but if anyone had two spares you’d really help us out

Cant you just show the email/ eticket?

37 minutes ago, Tkp123 said:

Had an absolutely mare. Bought 2 tickets full price for Bon Iver and my mate had lost them somewhere! Currently turning the house upside down but if anyone had two spares you’d really help us out

You might be able to go to the box office on site so they can sort it out. Tbh it may just be easier to "win" another pair.

Great day yesterday, especially since a load of cancelled trains meant I almost didn't make it. Only small gripes were that I think Idles could've been a bit louder, and the stage timings were maybe a bit too tight. Nothing But Thieves impressed me the most, their set was great. Looking forwards to Bon Iver tomorrow.

Thought bmth were brilliant, really stepped up a notch in terms of putting on a show. 

Yeah it wasn't the biggest of crowds but not every headline show has to 40k + and in terms of metal bands it's only the metallica's and the maiden's that are going to get that type of numbers. 

I do feel it would of made more sense to put architects on the main state before horizon though 

Just to put all of your minds at ease, Aldi Sykes is still knocking about doing that weird thing he does. He tried starting on me during BMTH’s set when he shoved past me and everyone around me (it wasn’t busy enough to remotely need to ‘shove’ anyone) and I said ‘WHEYYY, Aldi Sykes!’ He had to be dragged off by his friend as I and everyone around me laughed at him. Can confirm that he is a total dweeb. 

Just to put all of your minds at ease, Aldi Sykes is still knocking about doing that weird thing he does. He tried starting on me during BMTH’s set when he shoved past me and everyone around me (it wasn’t busy enough to remotely need to ‘shove’ anyone) and I said ‘WHEYYY, Aldi Sykes!’ He had to be dragged off by his friend as I and everyone around me laughed at him. Can confirm that he is a total dweeb.