All Points East Festival 2019

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

My friend just got an email from Viagogo saying the seller uploaded the ticket incorrectly; apparently it's been sold elsewhere? But I'm unsure if that's referring to my sale of it, or something else. Not quite sure what to do 

Just go, they'll be able to argue their way in.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe the 4000 full-price tickets sold for those two was genuine. ???

Oucharoony!

Be interesting to see what impact this has on next year. I remember reading they had signed a five year deal with Tower Hamlets for the use of the Park so I'd guess they still have to do two weekends. Do they go after bigger names that will sell out or scale back, booking smaller, cheaper names with less of a financial hit?

My guess would be a mixture of both. One big name each weekend then two smaller gigs.

19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Oucharoony!

Be interesting to see what impact this has on next year. I remember reading they had signed a five year deal with Tower Hamlets for the use of the Park so I'd guess they still have to do two weekends. Do they go after bigger names that will sell out or scale back, booking smaller, cheaper names with less of a financial hit?

My guess would be a mixture of both. One big name each weekend then two smaller gigs.

I am worried for the fest after all this with the tickets this year - it's a terrible experience for those fans who paid full whack, and really bad publicity for the fest. It's a well run festival, with well curated lineups, on the whole. They've been unlucky this year with days like today being a perfect storm of reasons not to sell.

Sales are likely to suffer in subsequent years if a percentage of people hold out for cheaper tickets nearer the event. The exception would be if a popular act with strong undercard (see: Strokes) is well received and expected to sell out.

Will be watching intently for future editions...

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Is that full price tickets sold or including those given away?

probably 34000 given away lol. I swear the second weekend hasn't even got 34,000 capacity as it has less than the 40k on weekend one?

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Oucharoony!

I think they'll stick with a big weekend with proper undercards and then a smaller one like how this one is. Strokes should have been a presents one really imo, it didn't need the full undercard that it had and so should have Chemical Bros really. The weaker acts should be together with the proper undercard I think. Strokes definitely shouldn't have been the Saturday I think thats for certain.

3 minutes ago, Hawros said:

I am worried for the fest after all this with the tickets this year - it's a terrible experience for those fans who paid full whack, and really bad publicity for the fest. It's a well run festival, with well curated lineups, on the whole. They've been unlucky this year with days like today being a perfect storm of reasons not to sell.

Sales are likely to suffer in subsequent years if a percentage of people hold out for cheaper tickets nearer the event. The exception would be if a popular act with strong undercard (see: Strokes) is well received and expected to sell out.

Will be watching intently for future editions...

Yeah after this year I definitely wouldn't attend the festival ever again - not after the piss-poor customer service and just general lack of care for customers.

2 hours ago, Slugy said:

Does anyone know if Dice have released there prize tickets for tomorrow yet? Need one for Mumford but gonna wait to see if I can avoid paying.

They sent out messages about half an hour ago.  I just won tickets but already bought some so am looking to sell mine for £20 each if you're interested?

48 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Oucharoony!

I really don't think there's much reason to invest thought into what they'll do year-on-year with this. They'll already be talking to a few names for next year's event. It's a big company with a lot of money and as much as we here like drama, I don't think there'll be much change until the end of the deal. Maybe the change will come from how fans react to this now it's been a pretty miserable experience this year and what competitors can do to capitalise but LN don't really seem to be doing a lot better with their London events (Wireless excluded).

They’ve tried to build the weekends around a big Saturday name but failed. The Champions League tomorrow has hammered them this weekend.

If they had priced the weaker events better (say £40) they would have done better overall.

This years line up is much weaker than last year and better headliners is the lesson I think they will learn.

PS Squid are much better than Idles

• Upvote 1

I’ve got 2 for Mumford and 2 for Bon Iver on my DICE app - if anyone knows how I can share them for others happy to offer out.

I honestly can’t believe how APE survives next - no one will risk buying tickets will they?! I’ve “won” free ones for every day but Stokes. 

So I managed to walk near enough to the front for bring me the horizon, but as a casual fan jesus christ what a show- so much fun!! Brilliant setlist, the crowd around me were lovely, no dickheads which is rare in London, and I just had a  blast! For all the negativity around the sales etc I really didnt expect to have such a good time but I bloody loved it!! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3