All Points East Festival 2019

9 minutes ago, Chewie said:

Did anyone here go see Dizzee Rascal at Glasto a few years ago? I guess his set on Sat will something similar

Is his live show any good?

It's been a few years since I last him saw him (it's always been fests and once supporting The Prodigy) but yeah he's fun live, he gets the crowd singing and bopping along.

Edited by jump

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:31 AM, zzzfest said:

Christine was PHENOMENAL. Very theatrical, so spectacular. And it worked under the difficult festival circumstances, which deserves a praise in itself. The best act of the whole weekend for me (and I wasn’t particularly interested in her before). Unlike DarthSaul, I felt every one of the crowd around me didn’t want the show to end. Pity the 10:30 Sunday curfew hence no encore.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:34 AM, Odessa said:

Got a lot of time to kill on the coach back up from London so may as well post a few thoughts about the weekend...

So yeah, top weekend on the whole. Lots of negativity floating about but I had a great time. The fact I only spent 75 quid on a ticket and saw all that is just beyond obscene.

100% agree ^^^

Esp C&TQ despite the choking smoke from the actual fire on stage right under the screen. haha. Crowd near us alongside catwalk loved it, all nice & dancey fun. No drama  & more importantly no talkers. Sound good & performance very good with all the dancers, the fireworks etc. Horses for courses tho innit.

Thanks everyone for sharing their info & reviews!

Impressed with how smooth/quick everything was this year. Bag/security checks were much faster even though opened zips in jkt pkts &  checked inside bags etc. Oddly had zero interest in the opened bottled water nor half drunk fizzy pop we had. Depends on who you get on your gate though I suspect. Saw a few people "randomly" pulled for body searches and deffo seemed to be "profiled" searches if you know what I mean. 

PDF was fine on scanner. Just had to up the brightness & it registered on 2nd attempt. Not much of a queue for food & wide range of stuff. Lots vegan options which was great! And that brown beer tent was fine all day long. In & out within 10mins. Life saver!

Those two ruddy monolith Huawei towers are a bag o' shiiiite though. Slap bang in middle blocking the view loads of main stage. Silly place to put them when they could be much further over to the sides & way less in the way. Had to walk around a bit to get clear of them which was a pain.

Urinals were fast as all day & even toilet queues were 5-10mins. In fact only issue was getting offsite at end of the night & even that that wasn't too bad a shuffle. Walked back the Bethnal Green way & that local chippy was doing a roaring business!

9 minutes ago, -anklebiter- said:

According to the o2 twitter account, they’re putting the free tickets back on tomorrow morning!

Thanks! Sadly I'm on shift again. Glad so many people are getting in for cheap or free. However kinda sux for those that ponied up full tkt price.  I'm putting our hopes on either the DICE app comp having alot of "winners" again or possibly SFF getting generous again with the cheapy tix this Friday afternoon.  Coz the Mumford under card is deffo worth a watch.

1 minute ago, Raspberry said:

Thanks! Sadly I'm on shift again. Glad so many people are getting in for cheap or free. However kinda sux for those that ponied up full tkt price.  I'm putting our hopes on either the DICE app comp having alot of "winners" again or possibly SFF getting generous again with the cheapy tix this Friday afternoon.  Coz the Mumford under card is deffo worth a watch.

I know! I feel awful for those who paid the full price! I managed to get two tickets for Bon Iver earlier but as it’s my birthday on a Saturday, was hoping to get an extra couple to bring a couple of mates along! Can’t find anyone else on o2 though!! Frustrating! I keep missing them or people don’t reply when I ask! 

On 5/16/2019 at 4:49 PM, Lateralus said:

If anyone's giving away their 2x BMTH tickets as they can't go, let me know and I'll take them. Coincidentally have the day off work on Fri 31 May and having had a look at the undercard, I wouldn't mind seeing half the acts there... 

Yeah if you still havent got any?

46 minutes ago, -anklebiter- said:

I know! I feel awful for those who paid the full price! I managed to get two tickets for Bon Iver earlier but as it’s my birthday on a Saturday, was hoping to get an extra couple to bring a couple of mates along! Can’t find anyone else on o2 though!! Frustrating! I keep missing them or people don’t reply when I ask! 

I have 2 for bon iver and 2 for bmth.

Anyone know if they were checking O2 Priority tickets for names when you go in?

Me and my mate have both got 2 tickets each and are essentially taking another mate each as a "+1", but are probably going to get there about 2 hours before our other mates as we're getting out of work early so we can watch Idles. Assuming our mates rocking up with 02 tickets without either of their names on isn't going to be a problem? 

8 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Anyone know if they were checking O2 Priority tickets for names when you go in?

Me and my mate have both got 2 tickets each and are essentially taking another mate each as a "+1", but are probably going to get there about 2 hours before our other mates as we're getting out of work early so we can watch Idles. Assuming our mates rocking up with 02 tickets without either of their names on isn't going to be a problem? 

There haven’t been any O2 tickets for the first weekend to know for sure but I’d be mighty surprised if they start giving away tickets and then fuss about who uses the free tickets. Wouldn’t worry about it.

4 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for Bon Iver day? I already like Snail Mail and Julien Baker. Tried Mac DeMarco but wasn't really my thing but currently enjoying a first listen to Ezra Furman. 

Black Country New Road are one of the best new bands in the country, KOKOKO, John Grant and Gently Tender are also worth checking out