All Points East Festival 2019

14 minutes ago, AtomsForPizza said:

The Cribs and The The?

Agree his set was great, he was clearly really enjoying himself. 

Modest mouse and the cribs?

he was one of my highlights for sure, shame I was stuck in the patty and bun queue for the majority of it! Good burgers though...

really enjoyed C+Q last night as well. Much nicer atmosphere when there is room to move around and no queues and a lot less/no drunken idiots.

very easy to smuggle booze in as well. They don’t seem to check anything you put down in the plastic box when you go through the scanner, seems completely odd. Last year they were extremely thorough with all this. 

1 hour ago, zzzfest said:

The Raconteurs could have joined top 5 but the two nasty brawls that happened very close to me (and reported by someone above on this thread) ruined it for me. So horrible.

That was me, thought it was dealt with really poorly by security as you could see the tension building with the shoving beforehand and they didn't make any move to do anything about it! Otherwise think The Raconteurs were the best band of the day for me.

Such a shame about the sound levels for The Strokes. I found them to be fine except Julian's vocals for Is This It, where he seemed happy to just let the crowd sing it anyway.

I found their performance to be excellent, and even a defining set in some ways. It wasn't completely career-spanning but deep cuts from Room on Fire and FIOE were well-appreciated. The band looked a lot happier to be there than they did at Hyde Park (not that I thought that was bad) and Albert jumping off stage to go to the crowd was a bit mindblowing as normally he just wants to jump off stage and go home. :lol: And there seemed to be something different in the crowd too; more adoration than a typical "Remember the Strokes? Lets go see them!" type makeup. The whole day lineup was a pretty good celebration of their impact on music.

It's obviously not going to go down in history as I've described and will be better remembered for the shit organisation but hopefully this is an indicator that there's still a big audience there for them to do a run of arena shows, and fingers crossed the band are enjoying playing as The Strokes enough to do it once more.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Such a shame about the sound levels for The Strokes. I found them to be fine except Julian's vocals for Is This It, where he seemed happy to just let the crowd sing it anyway.

I found their performance to be excellent, and even a defining set in some ways. It wasn't completely career-spanning but deep cuts from Room on Fire and FIOE were well-appreciated. The band looked a lot happier to be there than they did at Hyde Park (not that I thought that was bad) and Albert jumping off stage to go to the crowd was a bit mindblowing as normally he just wants to jump off stage and go home. :lol: And there seemed to be something different in the crowd too; more adoration than a typical "Remember the Strokes? Lets go see them!" type makeup. The whole day lineup was a pretty good celebration of their impact on music.

It's obviously not going to go down in history as I've described and will be better remembered for the shit organisation but hopefully this is an indicator that there's still a big audience there for them to do a run of arena shows, and fingers crossed the band are enjoying playing as The Strokes enough to do it once more.

honestly me and my friends were like 3/4 years old when is this it came out, we were getting into music around the time of angles and comedown machine but the setlist for us was perfect, massive grins from each of us when something like I can't win, razorblade or under control got played. I love the later albums but I wouldn't have wished that setlist to be any different 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think you summed this up so well, as the guy above me said - is this it came out when i was a few months old in the US and if it wasn’t for the poor sound i think this would have been remembered as a defining set and ape’s saving grace. Shame really but I still had an excellent time and fingers crossed they are around next summer!

1 hour ago, grayfitz said:

It's only just clicked in my head that Weekend 2 is missing the Ray-Ban X Stage, and the West Arena. Was this the case last year?

Yeah, last year weekend 2 didn't have the West Arena. It did have the X stage, although it was mainly just DJ sets from other bands and was pretty dead the day I went (National).

1 hour ago, SalviaPlath said:

Yesterday I enjoyed Beach House, Ezra Collective and Yves Tumour. 

Crowd looked thin for Christine and The Queens. I left with fifteen minutes to go, all a bit samey and the self consciously kooky stage banter grated.

When James Blake finished I followed what I thought was the crowd going to the stage for CATQ. Turned out they were all leaving, it was crazy. 

Edited by DarthSaul

10 minutes ago, Brainy said:

So are they just not going to replace First Aid Kit next Sunday? Seeing how packed it was for James Blake will be chaos if the only thing on for nearly two hours is Mac DeMarco

No of course they won't leave the slot empty. Even if they didn't get a new act in, they'd move Mac DeMarco, but they probably will have a new act.

It will be interesting to see if All Points East will try to get a "name" act as a straight replacement for First Aid Kit in the hope they could shift a more tixs or if they will get a cheapie replacement to open mainstage with the rest of the card moving up.

I’m going on Friday for the BMTH day and I’m wondering, how far is the walk between the East stage and the North stage? The reason being that Architects finish on one 5 minutes before BMTH start on the other and I want to know whether that 5 minutes will be enough time to move across or if I’ll have to clear off as Architects start their last song. 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

I’m going on Friday for the BMTH day and I’m wondering, how far is the walk between the East stage and the North stage? The reason being that Architects finish on one 5 minutes before BMTH start on the other and I want to know whether that 5 minutes will be enough time to move across or if I’ll have to clear off as Architects start their last song. 

Five minutes is fine when it's clear. You don't have five minutes though, going by the timetable.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Five minutes is fine when it's clear. You don't have five minutes though, going by the timetable.

I’ve just had a look at the app and that time has changed. When the times first came out, Architects finished at 20:55 and BMTH started at 21:00. That’s crap. 

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

No of course they won't leave the slot empty. Even if they didn't get a new act in, they'd move Mac DeMarco, but they probably will have a new act.

Surprised they didn't announce it at the weekend if that was the case, what with those giant bill boards either side of the east Stage advertising the Bon Iver day between each bands, and the (shoddy) app showing off the schedule for next week with a big ol' gap in the evening.

Edited by Brainy