All Points East Festival 2019

2 minutes ago, Tkp123 said:

I’ve applied but they haven’t processed it yet !! How long does it tend to take? I did it late last night. How do you purchase when they’ve confirmed your application?

I applied on Friday and my partner apples yesterday, no confirmation from either. I don't think they work at weekends.

Ok I have two spares for Bon Iver. They came on one PDF so I can’t really split them up. First person to quote this and DM me their email address will get them.

They are free via 02 however if the recipient wanted to make a small donation to Efestivals running costs, I’m sure it would be appreciated.

2 minutes ago, John L said:

Ok I have two spares for Bon Iver. They came on one PDF so I can’t really split them up. First person to quote this and DM me their email address will get them.

They are free via 02 however if the recipient wanted to make a small donation to Efestivals running costs, I’m sure it would be appreciated.

I’d love to take these off you!

I was down in the pit for Interpol and it was fantastic...loads of people falling over as you'd expect but everyone was being nice helping them up, although there was one guy who seemed desperate to start a fight but a few people were trying to calm him down and it seemed to be ok.

Stood near the back for The Strokes and thought it just sounded normal for a big outdoor venue. 

4 hours ago, Raspberry said:

a mate went in today via pdf on phone just had to up the brightness for the scanner to register the barcode so possibly ....  be good to get confirmation from anyone who went in Fri or Today Sat that using phone pdf barcode was successful though!

Can anyone confirm?

PDF / QR codes on phone are fine, although on Dice they had problems with the free competition tickets - we just got waved through without a proper check. 

Started half way back to right of mixing desk for strokes and sound was shocking. There was booing in between the first 3 tracks. We doubled back out to the where the bars were (as trying to find someone we lost), and that randomly dramatically improved the sound. I had thought maybe a technical issue had been solved, but perhaps it was just the spot we moved to. Sound was great after that 

Yesterday for me was a mixed bag. The majority of the music I saw was great (Angie McMahon, Paraquet Courts, Argyl and the Sniffers).

Johnny Marr and The Raconteurs were absolutely Incredible. Was great hearing some Smiths songs (he also sounded a lot like Morissey) and Jack White was fantastic.

Fat White Family, Jarvis and The Strokes on the other hand were very disappointing. Ive seen FWF a lot of times and thought they were great but yesterday they felt really off. The strokes first half was dull and the lead singer was talking too much however when he stopped talking and focused on songs in the second half it did pick up (deffo sound issues as well.

Was gutted about Jarvis, was expecting him to be the highlight of my day but I couldn't hear him and turns out for me at least his solo stuff doesn't hit the spot.

Very excited for Christine today!

No issues getting in or out for us, food was good, beer not bad and most of the sets were pretty darn great - with the possible exception of Fat White Family, bit that might just be because I'd only heard their radio singles. 

Found the sound to be dodgy across all three main stages though, and with basically the same issue: the vocals were waaay too low, and the drums / guitar too high. Especially for Jarvis, Interpol and The Strokes. Sounded instrumental at times.

Oddly the further back you stood the better it sounded. All three stages were inaudible in the middle, but the North Stage sounded great by the beer tent on the left of the stage.

Edited by Brainy

Went last year for The xx and to both the days so far this year. 

The festival has declined since last year which is a shame. The introduction of the 2 Huawei Viewing Towers means those at the back have their view obscured. 

Last year was probably the best sound I’ve heard at a festival however this year hasn’t been anywhere near as good. On Friday we had to move back for Chemical Brothers to hear it better and last night we stayed quite far back for The Strokes and didn’t experience the problems that others at the front did except for during Is This It when the microphones went down. 

Beer and food is really varied and a good quality, just a bit overpriced compared to what you’d pay at other festivals but I guess that’s London for you.

Of both days so far I’d say Hot Chip, Chemical Brothers and Johnny Marr have been my highlights. 

20 hours ago, WStoner said:

Friend if mine got caught by a dog yesterday so stay wary, folks! Otherwise yesterday wasnt too bad. Stayed at main stage all day. Danny Brown was fine but seemed to be going through the motions compared to other times I've seen him. Too wasted to remember Hot Chip but remember Chems being decent after the rain. Sound and visuals were decent. Don't remember exiting being as bad as last year? All in all, not bad! Bit gutted to have been among two of my friends who actually paid to get in Haha 

What happened to your friend post being caught by the dog? 

I posted this on the thread in the glasto chat but I thought I’d post it here too as it gives a bit of insight. 

I wat the strokes last night and sound really wasn’t great. Such a shame as last year I really was taken a back by how good it was, especially as it takes up a relatively short area of the park. 

Sadly I’d guess the sound issues are likely to do with the residents. I’m local myself and the event committee get a lot of complaints about sound, and if you go on one of the local FB pages “Victoria park friends” it’s still much the same, with most just wanting it shut down altogether just to be able to use all the park.  It’s a real shame because it’s already put a lot of money back into the park. 

It also seems to be the case that they have major trouble guaging the volumes - apparently just over the a12 in Hackney wick it registers as louder than in the actual event. 

Edited by Jne___

Really enjoyed yesterday, sound for Parquet Courts and Johnny Marr was very good at the front I felt. Great crowd and atmosphere for both also. Interpol was way too quiet. Absolutely ridiculous, especially as the band were playing really well.

Sound for The Strokes was fairly decent in the front, little bit low and muddy in terms of vocals but nothing noticeable compared to videos I've seen from elsewhere on site. What was abysmal was the crowd control and layout at the front. Crowd was lively, but nothing untoward, however the frequency of falls and crushes was unrelenting and often pretty grim. 

Something has definitely changed since last year, a lot of promo material last year hyped up a state of the art sound system being used across stages for the first time in the UK. Nothing of the sort this year seemingly. 

20190525_201712.jpg

20190525_203837.jpg

20190525_182632.jpg

20190525_172315.jpg

20190525_220133.jpg