All Points East Festival 2019

1 hour ago, Tkp123 said:

Hi everyone, looking for 2 tickets for christine and the queens tomorrow. If anyone could help me out it would seriously make this guys day after a series of pretty terrible complications!! Thank you xx

Have you tried the showfilmfirst link earlier on in the thread? £3.50 a pop 

1 hour ago, grayfitz said:

Every tweet right now mentioning APE is saying main stage sound is awful. Was last night bad too?

Main stage sound was good most of the day, apart from the strokes which was bad for nearly the whole set, people were leaving because they couldn’t hear anything

41 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

Main stage sound was good most of the day, apart from the strokes which was bad for nearly the whole set, people were leaving because they couldn’t hear anything

I was on the right side of the stage and it felt like a singalong in a pub to a couple of The Strokes songs, absolutely not loud enough. Massive #stroxit throughout. If the undercard wasn’t as good, I’d be quite angry at having paid the full price for that.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else witness the fight front left of crowd during The Raconteurs? Security were really slow to react and turned into two pretty awful looking brawls with lots of people caught up in it!

49 minutes ago, nysmaw said:

I was on the right side of the stage and it felt like a singalong in a pub to a couple of The Strokes songs, absolutely not loud enough. Massive #stroxit throughout. If the undercard wasn’t as good, I’d be quite angry at having paid the full price for that.

The sound was appalling for the Strokes.

The rest of the day was good especially Anna Calvi and BC Camplight.

Can’t lie had a great time; sound was good at second barrier area but to be honest everyone was singing so loud and jumping around it wasn’t surprising you could barely hear it. Interpol was incredibly quiet however, could barely hear it with few people singing along - most people were definitely there for the strokes.

also wtf is the jagermeister stage why is it angled we literally couldn’t see anything standing in the outside bit and the inside part was full

great setlist from strokes too, only played their first 3 albums, as my first time seeing them this was awesome! definitely feel like i got my moneys worth, lets hope strokes are back in less than 5 years!

• Upvote 1

I was in the very front section on the right and I didn’t know that the sound was bad at all, until my mates further back told me. (Though noticed the mics not working during Is This It)

Sad for those nearer the back that had to deal with such dodgy sound, especially when it’s been so good last year and yesterday! 

Edited by aidenlangan95

Sound was abysmal we weren't too far back, in line with right side speaker. Several "turn it up" chants rang out to no avail. 

Also the time to get in and out of the venue was the worst I've experienced at a festival. Top it all off there's no trains back to Southampton and I'm having to get a coach from Basingstoke ?

Edited by seanz25

7 hours ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Just bought a couple tickets for tomorrow. Anyone knows if I can use the PDF to access? Don't have a printer at home. 

a mate went in today via pdf on phone just had to up the brightness for the scanner to register the barcode so possibly ....  be good to get confirmation from anyone who went in Fri or Today Sat that using phone pdf barcode was successful though!

Can anyone confirm?

7 hours ago, Tkp123 said:

Hi everyone, looking for 2 tickets for christine and the queens tomorrow. If anyone could help me out it would seriously make this guys day after a series of pretty terrible complications!! Thank you xx

Mate its still working now! sign up & get buying ...

Sun 26 May Christine & The Queens

https://www.showfilmfirst.com/pin/201619

All the practical info from yesterday

Queues - On the way in very organized, hardly any waiting. Way out was a nightmare.

Security check - I read I think on Twitter that they weren’t doing much, yet it turned to be one of the most thorough checks I’ve experienced. They went through pockets of folded jackets, even cases for glasses. But...

There’s a policy that you can bring in an unopened water bottle, which I did but nobody checked whether it was actually unopened. So if you really want to get something in...

Also there’s a no food policy and I had half my lunch in the pocket of my jacket (I was gonna finish it before getting there but didn’t feel very well, so this was quite unintentional). The lady must have felt it in the pocket but was probably searching only for solid objects.

No one asked for an ID. (I’m 22 but look olde though.)

Prices - Beer £3 small, £6 pint, Heineken 400ml £5.6, wine 375ml £13, 750ml £25, cider £2.8 small, £5.5 pint, £5.5 packaged 300ml, spirits 50ml £10. Food felt pricy to me but then again I’m spoiled by Eastern Europe’s standards and everything is pricy to me.

Merch - I only saw their APE merch and stuff for Chems and The Strokes actually? Not much else.

Waste management - Terrible. Plastic everywhere.

Staff - Big shoutout honestly. I spent most my day at the barrier of the North stage and inbetween and even during acts they were giving out cups of water. Generally everyone was very nice to deal with.

Sound - I’m not an expert but here are my thoughts. Like I said I spent most of the day at the North stage. First off I thought that it was wonderful. Not too loud, clear, nice. Around Courtney Barnett I had to take ear plugs and for Interpol I felt it was too loud actually. Plus the drums felt way too heavy in the mix. Enough was said about The Strokes, but it really was hard to hear.

• Upvote 1

I must be getting old as I didn’t really notice any sound issues although it did waft around a bit on the main stage. 

Saw some good bands Dream Wife, Fat White Family, Jarvis. Thought Interpol were excellent- the best I’ve heard in years. Obviously “greatest hits” festival sets work better with me. Although I was towards the back I thought The Strokes were poor. Thought they were much better at BST a few years back. Saw about 50 minutes and jogged it on although I might have been a bit “weary” by then.

Not expecting too much today. Hopefully I’ll stumble upon some pleasant surprises. 

I've seen a lot of people moaning about the sound for Interpol and The Strokes on Twitter today. Was it really that bad or is it people just moaning because they can? Didn't hear anything negative about Chemical Brothers' set.

Also heard the sound cut out half way through the day, so might have been a tech issue that they hopefully resolve?

Travelling and will spend a lot of money next Friday, so hoping it's worth it??

9 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

I've seen a lot of people moaning about the sound for Interpol and The Strokes on Twitter today. Was it really that bad or is it people just moaning because they can? Didn't hear anything negative about Chemical Brothers' set.

Also heard the sound cut out half way through the day, so might have been a tech issue that they hopefully resolve?

Travelling and will spend a lot of money next Friday, so hoping it's worth it??

The Strokes were just not loud enough. You couldn’t hear the vocals much. When Julian said something inbetween songs, you couldn’t even tell what he was talking about. I wasn’t even far back.

6 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

anyone know how strict they were with IDs, me and my girlfriend are both 17 (we both look older, get served in all bars etc.) but obviously for the BMTH day it’s anyone under 18 needs to be with someone over 18

Both of us 17, look fairly young although we are both like a month or so off 18 - didn’t try and enter with others and they didn’t care. Loads of young people will go like catfish last year and they just let it slide

Didn’t think the queues were too bad really, I thought getting out was a breeze. Guess it depended how far back you were once the strokes ended.

on that note, the sound was terrible on whole right side front to back, eventually moved to the back left and it was perfect, didn’t seem to be any wind so no idea who was going on there. Having said, I think the mix was bad in general and the strokes  a bit sloppy, but I guess that’s them? Something felt off with them as well, do they even like each other or want to be there? Disappointed because it did sound (the bits I could make out) like a good set list.