All Points East Festival 2019

4 minutes ago, AlexMacca said:

We're tempted by VIP tickets for Saturday but, is it really even worth it? Literally only talking about it because it's cheaper now but, has anybody here done it before?

From my perspective, it looks rubbish. Perhaps good if you had a health issue or were infirm, otherwise wouldn't bother.

There is absolutely no way in the world that that BMTH bill has sold only 4,000 tickets. Whoever has heard that must have heard wrong. There is no way that there are only 4,000 BMTH, Architects and While She Sleeps fans who have decided to go. I've just used those three bands as an example as they all have large, strong fanbases. That figure cannot be accurrate. 

26 minutes ago, AlexMacca said:

We're tempted by VIP tickets for Saturday but, is it really even worth it? Literally only talking about it because it's cheaper now but, has anybody here done it before?

Not worth it mate 

Basically get you a separate area with a bar and toilets in, and that's it

35 minutes ago, xxialac said:

From my perspective, it looks rubbish. Perhaps good if you had a health issue or were infirm, otherwise wouldn't bother.

14 minutes ago, Chewie said:

Not worth it mate 

Basically get you a separate area with a bar and toilets in, and that's it

Ahh right yeah we'll leave it then, nice one!

49 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

There is absolutely no way in the world that that BMTH bill has sold only 4,000 tickets. Whoever has heard that must have heard wrong. There is no way that there are only 4,000 BMTH, Architects and While She Sleeps fans who have decided to go. I've just used those three bands as an example as they all have large, strong fanbases. That figure cannot be accurrate. 

This is where i'm at, considering BMTH did two days at Ally Pally, Architects did one and WSS did nearly 2000 tickets in London on their last tour, there is literally zero chance that they have only sold that many.

1 hour ago, jump said:

I've not sure myself but I'm assuming it is past the point you can cancel acts without paying compensation to them and the fees associated with the site are shared with the other days so you wouldn't save that much?

it's standard to pay half of a band's fee a month before.

The site is (in a sense) free - there's no saving by cancelling - but there is a loss, because traders and bar concessions will have been sold. You give those value by getting punters in (hence the giveaways).

Then there's also the reputation cost to the event as a whole. By padding it out with freebies you can give the impression it's flying not struggling.

I'm still trying to get my head round the Johnny/Jarvis clash tomorrow. I mean, there's likely to be a large crossover in fans/ages and you've got Connan Mockasin - whose profile doesn't seem to be that high over here (dunno, maybe I'm getting old but I only know him for his collaborating with MGMT on their last record) playing after Jarvis - why don't they invert the time slots for those two?

Jarvis is also more of a nighttime artist, all that sleaze and groove. I'm so disappointed about having to choose between the charming man and the common people!

Edited by Daemonk
Typo

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

just out of interest (I have no idea) do they strongly share the same fanbase?

It's just if they do, a potential (say) 12,000 might become 5-6,000.

7 minutes ago, ThijzMan said:

Still possible to join the Dice competition?

some of them. most end day before the gig so https://dice.fm/bundle/ape-competition

• Closing dates for entry are specified for each event:

All Points East Festival: Friday 31st May 2019 - Bring Me the Horizon

Closing date and draw date:  2pm Thurs 30 May 2019

All Points East Festival: Saturday 1st June 2019 - Mumford & Sons

Closing date and draw date:  2pm Fri 31 May 2019

All Points East Festival: Sunday 2nd June 2019 - Bon Iver

Closing date and draw date:  2pm Fri 31 May 2019

By the way - can anyone tell me if security allows people to take cameras into the festival? The website says "professional photography" is strictly prohibited, but what if I want to bring a relatively compact old film camera (that might make me look like a pretentious hipster)? It's a lot smaller than an average DSLR. 

Sadly these  have  already closed although I doubt more than 1x pair for Strokes or Chemical Bros were won?

All Points East Festival: Friday 24th May 2019 - Chemical Brothers

Closing date and draw date: 2pm Thurs 23rd May 2019

All Points East Festival: Saturday 25th May 2019 - The Strokes

Closing date and draw date:  2pm Fri 24th May 2019

All Points East Festival: Sunday 26th May 2019 - Christine & The Queens

Closing date and draw date:  2pm Fri 24th May 2019

4 hours ago, harryy said:

Does anyone know if I collect the showfilms tix before 5pm, if i can enter after 5pm although it says early entry 

Sometimes the deadline is genuine & will be enforced other times not so much.

Ive been 10mins late & the jobsworth on the gate refused to let me in. I went to a diff gate & tagged in with a large group. The barcode beeped invalid on the scanner but bloke just had a look then waved me through anyway. Legend!

Prob not worth the risk for APE as its so cheap & good lineup on the day if you can avoid it...

I suspect for APE it will be hand held scanners again like last year at the main entry gate so just present printout, scan & in you go (subject to security & bag checks etc).