All Points East Festival 2019

Just got an email from Festicket not mentioning Mumford and Sons (or strokes but thats obvious) - it hasn't sold out on their site which is a bit strange, maybe just a mistake but could be on the verge of selling out maybe. Anyone got info?

Could anyone give me any advice on getting from Interpol to a good spot for the Strokes? Interpol are finishing at 9:15 and Strokes start at 9:30, so I know I’ll likely have to leave Interpol early to get a good spot, but could anyone tell me how long it’ll take to walk from Interpol on the North Stage to the Strokes on the East stage? Never been before and don’t want to miss any of the Strokes while still seeing as much of Interpol as possible hahaha 

15 minutes ago, itstimetoleave said:

Made a new account for this... The first three people to message me will get 2x tickets for either Chems or C+TQ's (your choice!)

Also messaged you! Thank you! (And a second message with my email address!) 

Edited by xxialac

19 minutes ago, Shikari20 said:

Has anyone who’ve won tickets for any of the second week’s had an emails from APE yet? Won 3 pairs of tickets in our group but none of us have heard anything yet

I've had the same - waiting on 4x tickets for Christine this weekend. I've chased up with the organisers and they said they should be sent out today. If you're waiting for Weekend 2 tickets they may not arrive until last minute.

39 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

can anyone recommend any pubs nearby the event for a few beers beforehand? Meeting up with a few people from around the country so we be good to have a few sups and a catch up before heading in - preferably with a decent beer garden! 

Depending on which way you come from Crate Brewery, People's Park Tavern, The Hemingway and The Palm Tree all fit the bill.

Avoid the Royal Inn, despite the tempting location, it's pretty charmless and attracts a clientele to match, will also be overcrowded and service is always slow.

53 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

can anyone recommend any pubs nearby the event for a few beers beforehand? Meeting up with a few people from around the country so we be good to have a few sups and a catch up before heading in - preferably with a decent beer garden! 

There's a good distillery just down the road - East London Liquor Company. Failing that, and for a proper pub, the other side of Victoria Park has a couple.

Funnily enough, I had a pub crawl around there recently as I'm local and put together a handy map..

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1StgTbye_Y006BNcYnGW3Cv8k_P5nBJbp&usp=sharing

45 minutes ago, SalviaPlath said:

Depending on which way you come from Crate Brewery, People's Park Tavern, The Hemingway and The Palm Tree all fit the bill.

Avoid the Royal Inn, despite the tempting location, it's pretty charmless and attracts a clientele to match, will also be overcrowded and service is always slow.

+1 for Palm Tree. My go to for Victoria Park festivals when the weather is decent!

• Upvote 1

Morning everyone, longtime lurker of ten years, mainly of the glastobury part of the forum. If anyone becomes aware of a single spare ticket for tomorrow's APE please PM me, can't afford the prices on twickets and stubhub at the moment so would be much appreciated. 

Good morning all!

Heading down from Glasgow for this on Saturday.  Was down at Victoria Park for the Pixies gig a few years ago and it was great.  Nice to see how they have expanded their events.  Really wanting to go on Friday too but I'm having difficulty persuading my other half. 

2 minutes ago, Gordybhoy said:

Good morning all!

Heading down from Glasgow for this on Saturday.  Was down at Victoria Park for the Pixies gig a few years ago and it was great.  Nice to see how a bigger company have come in and bullied a much loved festival out of their home.  Really wanting to go on Friday too but I'm having difficulty persuading my other half. 

fixed it for you ?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

fixed it for you ?

Is this accurate though?  Was Field Day not getting a reputation for horrible clashes, inadequate sound systems, too small tents, etc etc.  Not trolling.  Genuine question.  I went to 2 APE days last year (doing one this year) and did feel like I was supporting The Man.  But look at a fest like Primavera - absolutely commercial, sensational programming, very well run event - but aggressive corporate adverts everywhere you look.  It seems les jarring at Primavera than at APE mind you.

1 minute ago, Johndenis said:

Is this accurate though?  Was Field Day not getting a reputation for horrible clashes, inadequate sound systems, too small tents, etc etc.  Not trolling.  Genuine question.  I went to 2 APE days last year (doing one this year) and did feel like I was supporting The Man.  But look at a fest like Primavera - absolutely commercial, sensational programming, very well run event - but aggressive corporate adverts everywhere you look.  It seems les jarring at Primavera than at APE mind you.

copying over a post I made in another thread.....

I did find much of the criticism to be hyperbolic. In 2017 they seemed to have sorted their shit out a lot. Sound was great, as was the organisation. In general, city day festivals are pretty rubbish and Field Day did a lot of things right, despite falling to many of the common shortcomings.

There’s always a degree of rose-tinted glasses with this sort of stuff but personally Field Day felt like a good, grassroots event made by people who properly loved the scene and were well known locally. I’m sure previous central location adds to that rose-tint effect.

Now I haven’t been to APE as was at Primavera last year and I’m not against going in the future but they’ve left a proper foul taste in my mouth by essentially fucking over one of the capital’s best festivals. I think a lot of us are just being protective over an event we enjoyed and a group of organisers who’s event has been massively impacted by APE and their infinitely deep pockets.