All Points East Festival 2019

37 minutes ago, fools_gold said:

Just bought two tickets to BMTH off eBay for £10.50. Hoping for something similar for Christine too

The funny thing is that those tixs are oversold by 110% more than double what the seller paid, yet people (myself included) are ok with it. 

13 minutes ago, jump said:

The funny thing is that those tixs are oversold by 110% more than double what the seller paid, yet people (myself included) are ok with it. 

I guess in absolute (not relative) terms the seller ain't getting richer with their couple of quid profit.

Have been holding out for tickets trying to nab some cheap last minute ones on twickets but found out I won some from the Jager competition so pretty pleased with that. Had struggled with the Glasto Chems vs Killers clash so this will really help.

Trying not to look at the weather but have noticed some rain predicted. Hopefully just a morning drizzle!

7 hours ago, WStoner said:

What you can do - if this is relevant haha! - is run a sealed bottle of water under a hot tap which will help you ease the top and seal in one piece.  Then fill it with clear spirits and then replace the lid and seal.  And voila!  You have what appears to be a refreshing bottle of sealed water. 

Busted :D its literally the first thing on google though to be fair. 

5 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

The police aren't on the gates either, only there to take you into custody if there is a need to pass you across from the security team, and lets face it, there is no massive interest from the organisers to have a large number of arrests or detections of drugs. They need to find just enough to show that they take it seriously, but not so many that it speaks to the type of event that they trying to put on, too many drug or alcohol detections at the gates will affect the licencing conditions for future events.

I think they need to be more worried about ticket sales that drug/alcohol detections at this point. Really cannot see the full 6 days returning next year unless they really upgrade the lineups. APE is just so expensive compared to Community/Citadel and has much smaller acts besides The Strokes vs BST. Its also in the middle of exams which doesn't help, especially for when they get an act like Catfish or BMTH.

The quality of acts compared to BST and Citadel is way higher and even more so the  ‘experience’. BST is soulless and overcrowded. Citadel organisation was shocking last year.

For me it’s fairly priced.

The problems I see are a relative lack of big touring names this summer and a saturation of too many festivals.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The quality of acts compared to BST and Citadel is way higher and even more so the  ‘experience’. BST is soulless and overcrowded. Citadel organisation was shocking last year.

For me it’s fairly priced.

The problems I see are a relative lack of big touring names this summer and a saturation of too many festivals.

True I guess, but BMTH was definitely originally priced too high.

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

True I guess, but BMTH was definitely originally priced too high.

Tbh I think the biggest problem with the BMTH day is how incoherent the line up is rather than the price. I wouldn't expect acts like Run The Jewels or Nothing But Thieves to support them on their own tour and I don't see fans of those two to be that greatly interest in BMTH.

I was talking to a guy at work who likes Nothing But Thieves and Run The Jewels but has never heard of Bring Me The Horizon, so I gave a brief description and because they are "heavy" he's not keen on the day even with how cheap tixs are. It's the same with my girlfriend too who is going for Alice Glass, RTJ and Nothing But Thieves but has no interest in BMTH. 

Edited by jump

50 minutes ago, jump said:

Tbh I think the biggest problem with the BMTH day is how incoherent the line up is rather than the price. I wouldn't expect acts like Run The Jewels or Nothing But Thieves to support them on their own tour and I don't see fans of those two to be that greatly interest in BMTH.

I was talking to a guy at work who likes Nothing But Thieves and Run The Jewels but has never heard of Bring Me The Horizon, so I gave a brief description and because they are "heavy" he's not keen on the day even with how cheap tixs are. It's the same with my girlfriend too who is going for Alice Glass, RTJ and Nothing But Thieves but has no interest in BMTH. 

Definitely seems on eFests too, lots of people like the undercard but not really BMTH. While APE has done poorly for sales this year, it brings cool acts to the UK and is the only major early summer festival (BST only has like 3/4 days and only the headliner and sub are rare names usually) in England at this point (glasto excluded too because not everyone can get tickets really and iow is a joke, this year at least) so I hope it stays basically.

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Not for the lineup on that day. That lineup bangs and I can’t understand why it hasn’t sold well. 

Being on a Friday doesn't help

When it originally came out I thought tickets were too expensive and now it's £5 a ticket it's too close to get the day off work

9 hours ago, gfa said:

Definitely seems on eFests too, lots of people like the undercard but not really BMTH. While APE has done poorly for sales this year, it brings cool acts to the UK and is the only major early summer festival (BST only has like 3/4 days and only the headliner and sub are rare names usually) in England at this point (glasto excluded too because not everyone can get tickets really and iow is a joke, this year at least) so I hope it stays basically.

I don't even think it's BMTH and more the disconnect between them and the undercard. If you switch Nothing But Thieves with a more casual metal band it would have helped.

28 minutes ago, Chewie said:

it's too close to get the day off work

That's what sick days are for.

2 hours ago, Dronx said:

More casual fan friend setlist from The Strokes last night. Great to see New York City Cops & Reptilla back in. 

image.thumb.png.ba353eb4ee0054e2489188dcf488ad7a.png

glad that Ize of the World seems to be sticking around, would love for all these other random songs to pack up and get us some FPP or Angles back in ? 

1 hour ago, jump said:

I don't even think it's BMTH and more the disconnect between them and the undercard. If you switch Nothing But Thieves with a more casual metal band it would have helped.

What, like While She Sleeps, Sleeping With Sirens or huge metal band Architects?

The undercard is fine for BMTH. Hits a lot of bases. The problem is simply that BMTH are the headline act and not enough people wanna go see them. We were saying it before this was announced and they were struggling to sell out Alexandra Palace.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

What, like While She Sleeps, Sleeping With Sirens or huge metal band Architects?

The undercard is fine for BMTH. Hits a lot of bases. The problem is simply that BMTH are the headline act and not enough people wanna go see them. We were saying it before this was announced and they were struggling to sell out Alexandra Palace.

I wouldn't call any of them casual metal and you're having a laugh if you think Nothing But Thieves and Bring Me The Horizon share the same fan base.

I'm not saying BMTH are a strong headliner only that a disjointed line up appealing to multiple demographics only puts off both demographics rather than adding them together.

22 minutes ago, jump said:

I wouldn't call any of them casual metal and you're having a laugh if you think Nothing But Thieves and Bring Me The Horizon share the same fan base.

I'm not saying BMTH are a strong headliner only that a disjointed line up appealing to multiple demographics only puts off both demographics rather than adding them together.

Tbh I'm going and I have zero interest in BMTH and will probably leave before they come on. So it does get people in to book like that. (admittedly I won them in a contest) 

3 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Tbh I'm going and I have zero interest in BMTH and will probably leave before they come on. So it does get people in to book like that. (admittedly I won them in a contest) 

Would you have bought the tixs if hadn't have won them tho ;) 

do we have a consensus at all about whether we need to leave John Hopkins early for a good Chems spot (there is a 15 min gap between JH finish and Chems start). You really don’t need to be that close for Chems but you don’t want to be at the back with the talkers. Decisions think I’m leaning towards missing last 15 of jopkins. Group of 10 prob makes that a necessity :(

29 minutes ago, jump said:

Not sharing the same fanbase as in all the same people but they’re both Kerrang promoted R+L darlings so I’d put them in the same bag and expect a lot of crossover. I think people are more surprised and disappointed when NBT turn up on a Foals undercard than a BMTH one.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not sharing the same fanbase as in all the same people but they’re both Kerrang promoted R+L darlings so I’d put them in the same bag and expect a lot of crossover. I think people are more surprised and disappointed when NBT turn up on a Foals undercard than a BMTH one.

Kerrang promotes a lot stuff tho. I saw The Interrupters on the cover a few weeks ago but I wouldn't think to myself they are the same as BMTH or NBT.

Edited by jump