All Points East Festival 2019

9 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

Still no sign of who the TBC is on the Key Club stage.

Assuming it's just going to be a smaller band.

It's mad that Cruel Hand are opening that stage, and also means i'm going to have to try and get in by 11.30, which I don't think will happen in a month of Sunday's.

For anyone that went last year, what were the queues like getting in to the festival?

Leeds queues are normally pretty bad. Never waited for my wristband since theyve started giving them out at the pre-party, so can't speak for that as last time I needed that on the day was 2013 I think. Good 45 min wait once you have it if you get there for gate opening time. You're best getting wristbands before the day if they do that again, cuts it down to 1 queue rather than 2. 

So if the perceived lack of sales is true what would the reasons be? Is it actually about as well sold as last year or has Glastonbury being on made a difference? The latter must be responsible for taking some of the punters, particularly the Christine day.

Nick Cave was the only day to sell out last year.

There were loads of competitions flying around for the other days.

I attended 4 of the days last year and LCD and Bjork were VERY quiet.   The XX and The National both seemed busy although not sold out.

It's such a competitive market for these inner city festivals in London - there are LOADS of them and it was always going to be difficult for a new brand to establish itself.   

They appear to have lost sight of any kind of target audience this year and just booked whoever is available (understandable).

If it's as well run as last year though, word of mouth should help them in future years.

3 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Nick Cave was the only day to sell out last year.

There were loads of competitions flying around for the other days.

I attended 4 of the days last year and LCD and Bjork were VERY quiet.   The XX and The National both seemed busy although not sold out.

It's such a competitive market for these inner city festivals in London - there are LOADS of them and it was always going to be difficult for a new brand to establish itself.   

They appear to have lost sight of any kind of target audience this year and just booked whoever is available (understandable).

If it's as well run as last year though, word of mouth should help them in future years.

I went on The National day last year and like you say it seemed busy, nothing for organisers to be embarrassed about by any means.

I'm still planning to go 2 days this year based on the organisation as well as (obviously) the line ups.

Do you think they lost site of the target audience? Besides maybe Mumfords the days seem as well catered as last year to me.

41 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

And now I've won another pair of Christine tickets. So now I've won 6 Christine tickets and 2 BMTH tickets... 

You've got more free tickets than I've got friends I'd even take with that many.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, cdm22 said:

The line-up at a guess. The Strokes day is the only day with an excellent undercard and it's the only day that has sold out.

I don’t reckon the undercard deserves any criticism - pretty strong across the board for the demo of each headliner imo. The headliners themselves have either not been hard to see recently or just aren’t big enough, aside from The Strokes of course, so I think that’s the main problem.