All Points East Festival 2019

3 minutes ago, nowyouregideon said:

Anyone got any details on the T&C's for this? I'm not on Vodaphone myself but I'm sure I can find someone that is. Are they delivered tickets, or will I need ID or anything along those lines to verify I'm with Vodaphone?

From what my friend has told me they were basic e-tickets. Fingers crossed

I clearly need to work on my Googling skills cus I can't find dick for comps on the Christine day.

I don't want to have to sign up to Twitter and shill some stupid product to get my something for nothing :P 

14 hours ago, gfa said:

Where were the set of Strokes ones from? I have tickets just interested I guess as the only competition i've seen was the one with backstage stuff etc. Got any vip upgrades too?

It was a Fender competition on Twitter.   No VIP upgrades or extras, just two GA admission tickets.  

I've basically just entered everything I could find.   I went to 4 days last year (LCD, The XX, Bjork, The National) and paid full whack for all of them the day the tickets came out and then realised how easy it was to get cheap/free tickets nearer the time so this year I've played the long game!  (I actually ended up winning VIP tickets to 3 of those last year so gave the ones I'd bought away).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 1986 said:

I clearly need to work on my Googling skills cus I can't find dick for comps on the Christine day.

I don't want to have to sign up to Twitter and shill some stupid product to get my something for nothing :P 

Most of it is Twitter based - a case of "retweet this and tag in who you would take".   I've won 5 tickets for that day!

19 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

Advertising Bon Iver doesn't mean that day has low (or the lowest) sales though. None (except Strokes) have sold out so the logical thing to do is advertise your best remaining product, the one most likely to entice people and lead to the biggest uplift in sales. If anything, it suggests Bon Iver has the highest sales of those left and making more people aware of it is the most profitable strategy. 

That would be the Mumfords day tho and that's not how marketing/business strategy works.

12 minutes ago, jump said:

That would be the Mumfords day tho and that's not how marketing/business strategy works.

Actually, I've also seen the Mumfords day advertised heavily. And it depends on your specific objectives and financials of course, but at a basic level for this point, it is. My favourite phrase referring to it is 'milk your best cows'. 

22 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Actually, I've also seen the Mumfords day advertised heavily. And it depends on your specific objectives and financials of course, but at a basic level for this point, it is. My favourite phrase referring to it is 'milk your best cows'. 

Nah, when there's finite stock there would be no need. When you have more tixs to sell you will achieve a bigger uplift as opposed to a product that's already selling well which mean it's closer to it's saturation and therefore less potential sales to be had.

Of course this is all bollocks with people going "it's not sold out therefore no one is going" without actually knowing the sales numbers or key performance indicators. 

Edited by jump

1 hour ago, Diamond24 said:

Quite a few big omissions for me. Especially Reptilia! I hope that's added for APE.

It was a special show so rarities were played. It shouldn't be like that for the other shows on the tour. Hope Ize stays though!

32 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

I've bought tickets to see Idles, RTJ and Architects! 

Will give BMTH 30 minutes or so and if I'm enjoying it will stay and watch the rest. 

Architects and RTJ will clash for around half of their sets 

1 hour ago, jump said:

Nah, when there's finite stock there would be no need. When you have more tixs to sell you will achieve a bigger uplift as opposed to a product that's already selling well which mean it's closer to it's saturation and therefore less potential sales to be had.

Of course this is all bollocks with people going "it's not sold out therefore no one is going" without actually knowing the sales numbers or key performance indicators. 

Well yes, what I'm saying is based on assumption that none of them are selling out at the current rate (or within the advertising period). But it seems reasonable to expect they won't. If one sold out too quickly, then yes, you'd have wasted advertising money and you'd be right. Higher sales doesn't necessarily mean it's closer to saturation though, there might well be a far bigger audience willing to buy if they're aware of it, which is of course where advertising it comes into play.

• Downvote 1