All Points East Festival 2019

1 hour ago, Dronx said:

Is there a front section at ape on the main stage? Or is it one big area? 

There's nothing to stop anyone just walking to the front, if that's what you mean. VIP tickets just get you through the gates quicker and access to an extra area for bars/food/toilets behind the main stage.

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

There's nothing to stop anyone just walking to the front, if that's what you mean. VIP tickets just get you through the gates quicker and access to an extra area for bars/food/toilets behind the main stage.

Cheers. So no wrist bands for getting in there early?

10 hours ago, xxialac said:

I don’t understand the attraction in watching an act that doesn’t have the original singer. The singer plays such a critical role in the band’s sound. Just feels completely inauthentic to watch Smiths songs without Morrissey. Not much better than watching a covers band to my mind, despite Marr’s skills and place in the original.

Johnny Marr isn't a very good example this.  He wrote all of The Smiths music.  I don't think any of Morrissey's solo work is of the same calibre, with the possible exception of what he did with Stephen Street.  But anyway, personally, I will be watching Jarvis Cocker. Partly because I know I will get to see Johnny Marr at Glastonbury.

17 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

Johnny Marr isn't a very good example this.  He wrote all of The Smiths music.  I don't think any of Morrissey's solo work is of the same calibre, with the possible exception of what he did with Stephen Street.  But anyway, personally, I will be watching Jarvis Cocker. Partly because I know I will get to see Johnny Marr at Glastonbury.

When I wrote “despite his place in the original” I was acknowledging that he wrote the songs.

• Like 1

Evening all. Long time Glastonbury forum lurker and occasional poster. If anybody is looking to get rid of two regular price tickets  (not VIP), for strokes day please drop me a message. Foolishly thought they wouldn’t sell out and could call it nearer the day. I was wrong. Any help greatly appreciated  

I've been very lucky with APE this year.  We bought Bon Iver tickets but have won tickets for The Strokes, Christine & the Queens and Bring Me The Horizon.    Hoping to get my hands on cheap tickets for Chemical Brothers and Mumford & Sons and hit up all 6 days.   

8 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

Is Twickets the best place to be looking out for cheap tickets? Looking for BMTH and Chems tickets but the Twickets fee and delivery mean the £50 tickets are not far off the price of official ones. Worth holding out longer?

The longer you hold out, the more the price will drop - just depends how long you can hold your nerve for!  There may be some cheaper options out there but increased risk of non-legit tickets on other sites.

People keep saying BMTH are struggling but on the touty resale sites Chem Bros & Christine are the ones with way more tixs for sale and whenever I'm on the tube/bus I see posters for Bon Iver and the flyers before gigs they are generally for Bon Iver too.

1 hour ago, jump said:

People keep saying BMTH are struggling but on the touty resale sites Chem Bros & Christine are the ones with way more tixs for sale and whenever I'm on the tube/bus I see posters for Bon Iver and the flyers before gigs they are generally for Bon Iver too.

That’s because no ones bought the bmth ones to be able to sell them on 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jump said:

Advertising Bon Iver doesn't mean that day has low (or the lowest) sales though. None (except Strokes) have sold out so the logical thing to do is advertise your best remaining product, the one most likely to entice people and lead to the biggest uplift in sales. If anything, it suggests Bon Iver has the highest sales of those left and making more people aware of it is the most profitable strategy. 

35 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Just won my second pair of tickets for Christine.

And BMTH tickets.

11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Where are all these competitions? Feel like I'm missing out

They’re all over Facebook and Twitter. Just search “the artist and win” and you’ll find them.

I know they probably want to split people between the stages, but some of those clashes are savage. Primal Scream/Jon Hopkins/Gold Panda on the Friday is a helluva choice.

Oh well, nice problem to have I guess! Hardly any times when there is nothing to see.