All Points East Festival 2019

14 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah I'm appalled at the way they're treating their customers. I will be boycotting the event this year!

Bit of a strawman, there. My point is that a big festival should be professional enough to be clear on when the timetable is being released. It’s really not even remotely hard (unlike the actual planning of the festival).

It wasn’t the anti-LGBT and anti-science funding done by the Anschutz Entertainment Group that made me boycott them, nor was it the anti-competitive behaviour. No. It was when someone representing the company said “next Friday” and didn’t clarify whether it meant the upcoming Friday or the one following it.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 8

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

81fKDTRmvpL._SY445_.jpg

?????

Hilarious! Mock someone for boycotting something when they never boycotted it nor suggested they would boycott it. 

All future negative comments on here always constitute a boycott.

All positive comments now imply the author thinks it’s the greatest festival ever. 

No exceptions to be made to this rule.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Getting a bit boring now but next Friday is clearly ambiguous as some people interpret it as 'the nearest Friday' and others as 'a week on Friday'. Just as some people interpret bimonthly as twice a month and others once every two months...

Not a crime obviously but maybe better to use clear communication when you have 20,000 people, mostly customers, signed up to your social media  and the majority are interested in the timetable?

40 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Getting a bit boring now but next Friday is clearly ambiguous as some people interpret it as 'the nearest Friday' and others as 'a week on Friday'. Just as some people interpret bimonthly as twice a month and others once every two months...

Not a crime obviously but maybe better to use clear communication when you have 20,000 people, mostly customers, signed up to your social media  and the majority are interested in the timetable?

Just a bit of a joke, cos it was something a bit silly to be pissed off about. I’m sure they’ll trail it out properly and clearly, as opposed to there being nothing in between the informal reply and times being released.

• Upvote 1

I got an email from AXS saying "More Artists Added To All Points East Incredible Line Up!" but doesn't actually mention a single new act in the email, just tries to flog the days as they are. Doesn't seem to be any news on efests or the APE site either.

26 minutes ago, 1986 said:

I got an email from AXS saying "More Artists Added To All Points East Incredible Line Up!" but doesn't actually mention a single new act in the email, just tries to flog the days as they are. Doesn't seem to be any news on efests or the APE site either.

Kamasi Washington is being listed on the Christine lineup now, and I can't remember him being there before... May be wrong though.

Just now, GrumpyRaver said:

Kamasi Washington is being listed on the Christine lineup now, and I can't remember him being there before... May be wrong though.

Been there a few months. :P

There have been a few new names - mainly on small stages - since the last mailer so it’s not wrong.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, 1986 said:

there was a press release for the jager stage yesterday, although the acts had been on the APE website for a few days - so it was probably about that.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

there was a press release for the jager stage yesterday, although the acts had been on the APE website for a few days - so it was probably about that.

Thank you. You'd think they would still name check the "new" bands in the email with a header about new bands. Even if they aren't big names or even particularly new.

Thankfully you and this forum are here to explain these things.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:23 PM, TomViolence said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but I got an email from APE yesterday about the friends of APE scheme.

The cut off is 19th May and then free tickets will be sorted after. 

Screenshot_20190503-172206_Gmail.thumb.jpg.761ef8dd10c6503d4a6b97fb970b7126.jpg

Glad they finally confirmed this. I had a 'it's Fatsoma's business' message from APE and 'it's APE's business' from Fatsoma. A sh**show. 

Out of interest - do we think they'll release Strokes tickets in this situation? Or is it over-capacity?

3 hours ago, Ship_Wreck said:

Glad they finally confirmed this. I had a 'it's Fatsoma's business' message from APE and 'it's APE's business' from Fatsoma. A sh**show. 

Out of interest - do we think they'll release Strokes tickets in this situation? Or is it over-capacity?

I bought 4 tickets for the Strokes day but had to buy them from Gigantic as everywhere else was sold out.  I couldn't see any "friends of APE" info anywhere.  Did they remove it from the site?

And while I'm here - can anyone else get this competition entry form to work?? https://www.allpointseastfestival.com/info/albert-jr-fender-comp/

Edited by Johndenis

39 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

I bought 4 tickets for the Strokes day but had to buy them from Gigantic as everywhere else was sold out.  I couldn't see any "friends of APE" info anywhere.  Did they remove it from the site?

And while I'm here - can anyone else get this competition entry form to work?? https://www.allpointseastfestival.com/info/albert-jr-fender-comp/

It was really vague. APE said Fatsoma handled it but they only knew about the commission scheme. (£3 per sale).

I've had emails like the above since last week confirming it is indeed happening - and it's totted up before the festival and freebies are released. But it appeared on the website earlier this year without any other reference to it.

I caved and bought a ticket regardless s as hate rushing around trying to find one as suspected it might not even be honoured. Would be curious to hear other's experiences 

45 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

I think that competition is over already. I entered it way back when and I think it said you could enter until May 1.