All Points East Festival 2019

I think they've just dropped the "presents" tag because the branding was quite confusing to the general public last year.

Having said that, it's now being billed as "Weekend 1" and "Weekend 2" with basically the same price tags and so you'd expect the same number of acts on each day this time around.

My take is that the availability of The Strokes probably forced the change, in that the band could only do the ‘festival weekend’, yet they didn’t fit the vibe.

Chem Bros and Christine and the Queens days are pretty true to what the festival was last year; eclectic with plenty of DJ’s and generally more dance stuff and afterparties. The Strokes day is just what the Presents days were but using the festival’s extra stages.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jr1312 said:

They posted it as a new event on their Facebook page yesterday evening for Sunday 26th may - same night as christine. Seemed odd to post it specifically

Probably not but maybe they know Christine is going to cancel? She cancelled coachella wk2 recently after the death of her mother.

7 hours ago, jr1312 said:

They posted it as a new event on their Facebook page yesterday evening for Sunday 26th may - same night as christine. Seemed odd to post it specifically

They did the same last year with Lykke Li. Might just be a marketing technique, to try catching the James Blake fans

20 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Sleeping with sirens are a nice nostalgic addition. Any idea what stage splits and things are?

I find it mad that SWS are considered a nostalgia band but then I remember that they’ve been around for a decade :P 

Anyone bought a 25th ticket second hand? I stupidly left it until the last minute and now they're sold out! I had a look on FB and there seems to be a big problem with scammers. Really annoying as I fall out of the catchment area by about two doors!!

9 hours ago, Jne___ said:

Anyone bought a 25th ticket second hand? I stupidly left it until the last minute and now they're sold out! I had a look on FB and there seems to be a big problem with scammers. Really annoying as I fall out of the catchment area by about two doors!!

Best to set up a Twickets alert, although even those seem to be selling almost instantly. 

17 hours ago, huntyyy said:

Looks like i misunderstood, none of the bands on that poster clash mind (main two stages alternate)

They might alternate a bit but to fit 11 bands into 6.5 hours without overlap, most bands would be looking at 30-35 minute slots. I can't see it going like that.

Edited by dentalplan

Yeah, I can't see a way to work it with no overlap.   Even if one starts as the other finishes anyway (which would only work with very short sets), you've got to factor in the 10 min walk from one stage to the other.

There might be no direct clashes but, realistically, people are going to have to make some decisions!

1 minute ago, 1986 said:

What's the perception on ticket sales been? If I waited until around the 21st to get Christine and Bon tickets would I be pushing my luck?

Looks like you'll be fine with Christine.  From what I can tell, Christine & BMTH have been the weakest sellers - they seem to be pushing those the hardest and there are quite a few competitions going around to win tix for those 2.

Hard to tell with Bon Iver - haven't seen any competitions or many resale for that one which suggests that it's selling well but it's hard to imagine it selling out.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Looks like you'll be fine with Christine.  From what I can tell, Christine & BMTH have been the weakest sellers - they seem to be pushing those the hardest and there are quite a few competitions going around to win tix for those 2.

Hard to tell with Bon Iver - haven't seen any competitions or many resale for that one which suggests that it's selling well but it's hard to imagine it selling out.

I’d be amazed if either sell out.

1 hour ago, FakeEmpire said:

Gosh you're not wrong about these comps. Loads of places giving away five pairs of tickets for each of those. Considering the standard is usually like one or two places giving away one pair, that's a big shift and a pretty decent opportunity to get in for free.