All Points East Festival 2019

Had an email from APE saying Strokes day GA is now sold out.

On 4/23/2019 at 2:24 PM, xxialac said:

I think he's already tested out the Jarv Is concept. It is mostly his new material with no Pulp songs, apparently very good but still can't see him drawing a big audience. When was Pulp's last big hit - 20 years ago? and it's a been over six years since they ended that reunion run so can't imagine younger audience that interested in him but then I suppose you could say the same and more about Johnny Marr.

Probably second or third to last on one of the second or third stage.

Yep, eg this was a 'Jarv Is' show: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jarvis-cocker/2018/williamson-tunnels-liverpool-england-1becadb4.html

9 hours ago, Dronx said:

Any idea when stages and times will be announced? 

Nope. Could only guess that it’ll be in the next couple of weeks.

37 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Still no sign of an official after party for the bring me the horizon day. Any idea when this might be announced?

Very unlikely that there will be one. They only announced after parties for the more dance-oriented stuff on Weekend One last year and have done the same this year.

Edited by dentalplan

5 minutes ago, stereomike2020 said:

You can download the APE app now. I guess the stage times will be displayed in there closer to the first weekend. I would be a bit disappointed if The Strokes only played for 75 minutes.

There's a trend towards bands playing shorter sets. I think that's all we are going to get.

16 hours ago, xxialac said:

Ah, well there is one Pulp song then!

Yes I'm expecting a fairly obscure set of songs, even at his solo gigs 10 or so years ago I don't think he played what I thought were the most accessible songs off the debut solo album - eg am pretty sure the really melodic "from Auschwitz to Ipswich" was missed out.  Of course there is still huge joy in just watching the great man in action. 

Are there now 3 main outdoor stages @dentalplan?  Last yea at The National and Cave days there were just 2 and an act started on one just as the other finished - at least I think that was the intention.  Also not sure where Gruff Rhys fits into this, as he's another great performer whose commercial peak was probably 20 years ago...

Firestone is an outdoor stage too. A tiny one.

Pretty sure X Stage is confirmed not to be there weekend two. I don’t think West Arena will be there either with the current number of acts, just like it wasn’t last year. So WE2 should be East, North, Jäger and maybe Firestone if they add some acts.

@Johndenis Gruff is headlining the JagerHaus so will likely not be too different to what I’ve put on the clashfinder based on last year. Quite surprising that he’s been squeezed onto the smaller stage but tbh it won’t be packed out with the rest of the lineup taken into consideration.

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Firestone is an outdoor stage too. A tiny one.

Pretty sure X Stage is confirmed not to be there weekend two. I don’t think West Arena will be there either with the current number of acts, just like it wasn’t last year. So WE2 should be East, North, Jäger and maybe Firestone if they add some acts.

@Johndenis Gruff is headlining the JagerHaus so will likely not be too different to what I’ve put on the clashfinder based on last year. Quite surprising that he’s been squeezed onto the smaller stage but tbh it won’t be packed out with the rest of the lineup taken into consideration.

I thought Gruff was a bit dull when I saw him last year - and I'm a fan. Then again, I always struggle to engage with performers who play sitting down. Not sure why.

BMTH are playing a 2 hour, career-spanning set including some older songs they haven’t played for a long time. That, coupled with Architects, WSS, Lotus Eater, RTJ, IDLES, scarlxrd and Employed To Serve being there is so exciting. I’m expecting it to be one of the best days of music in my 10 years of going to gigs. Oli has said on Instagram too that they have some ‘very special guests’ still to be announced as well. 

I really can’t wait. 

You've got to think as well that Download and R&L will be keeping on eye on the BMTH slot, especially R&L to nab a possible co-headliner for 2020. 

Edited by Andre91

6 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Was decent, the sound was clear and loud, fairly big tent, and the screens were very good during Superorganism on the first day. 

Agreed, thought it was great in there for them and Confidence Man.

Anyone have any tips from last year for stage positioning, in particular at the main stage? All seemed fine until about 5 mins before YYYs when it suddenly became ridiculously packed. 

Edited by Brave Sir Robin