All Points East Festival 2019

35 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

I've created a playlist for the Bring Me The Horizon day (31 May). Features recent setlists from Bring Me The Horizon, Architects, While She Sleeps, IDLES and Run The Jewels, with other big hits from them and the rest of the line-up too: 

Looks great but no Employed To Serve? Booooooo :P 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I've made a playlist for the Strokes day, like the big Glasto one, using the songs featuring most often in each act's recent setlists. It's a cracking lineup so there's loads of good stuff on there:

Nice one thanks 

23 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I've made a playlist for the Strokes day, like the big Glasto one, using the songs featuring most often in each act's recent setlists. It's a cracking lineup so there's loads of good stuff on there:

Nice one thanks 

I've just unexpectedly won a ticket to the Chemical Brothers day (some sort of raffle/draw at record store day today when I bought Orbitals Deeper Within 12", very surprised :D ) but I've never been to this festival before, any tips ?

Assuming I can get the day off work, I'll be getting the train in, dumping bags in hotel, then heading to the park.

The site says no bags / drinks / food etc - whats the score onsite for bars ?

anything else to be aware of?

I've been to 19 Glastonburys but very few other festivals.

1 hour ago, paulshane said:

I've just unexpectedly won a ticket to the Chemical Brothers day (some sort of raffle/draw at record store day today when I bought Orbitals Deeper Within 12", very surprised :D ) but I've never been to this festival before, any tips ?

Assuming I can get the day off work, I'll be getting the train in, dumping bags in hotel, then heading to the park.

The site says no bags / drinks / food etc - whats the score onsite for bars ?

anything else to be aware of?

I've been to 19 Glastonburys but very few other festivals.

I think the bars are standard festival prices. Some pretty nice food available too.

I went last year for 5 of the 6 days and honestly I had a great time.  Good mix of acts, and the speakers on the outdoor stages are actually pretty good and loud. Definitely better than BST.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I think the bars are standard festival prices. Some pretty nice food available too.

I went last year for 5 of the 6 days and honestly I had a great time.  Good mix of acts, and the speakers on the outdoor stages are actually pretty good and loud. Definitely better than BST.

cool :)

obviously, all the nearby hotels are booked for that weekend :D does the tube run late on weekends ? looks like i'll be staying more that half an hours walk away probably

12 minutes ago, paulshane said:

cool :)

obviously, all the nearby hotels are booked for that weekend :D does the tube run late on weekends ? looks like i'll be staying more that half an hours walk away probably

I think it runs fairly late on the weekend, but I remember on one day they decided to do works on that line so it closed early. Only just made the last train, was a bit stressful but hopefully won't happen again...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, paulshane said:

The night tube runs on Fridays and Saturdays, which includes the central line -- 2 of the nearest tube stations to Victoria Park are on this line. But everything will run as usual until about 1am anyway, well after curfew.

• Like 1

Long shot but I don't suppose anyone needs to sell a Standard ticket for The Strokes day? Trying to avoid paying VIP prices ?

No worries. Secured one. Can't wait for Courtney Barnett, Parquet Courts and of course, saturday headliners themselves ?

Edited by ollieg99

1 hour ago, ollieg99 said:

Long shot but I don't suppose anyone needs to sell a Standard ticket for The Strokes day? Trying to avoid paying VIP prices ?

No worries. Secured one. Can't wait for Courtney Barnett, Parquet Courts and of course, saturday headliners themselves ?

Where'd you get a standard? Note AXS and Dice are sold out?

49 minutes ago, ollieg99 said:

I got mine from Gigantic. Hoping it's not fraudulent

I've used Gigantic before and they are fine. 

Each ticket sellers (Seetickets,  Ticketweb etc)are given an allocation of tixs to sell and once its gone but whilst Ticketmaster get the biggest allocation the smaller ticket sellers have less demand. Stargreen in particular for me has meant I been able to get tixs for instant sell out shows as everyone else is trying to get on Ticketmaster to buy them in case anyone wants to try that trick in the future.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, jump said:

Each ticket sellers (Seetickets,  Ticketweb etc)are given an allocation of tixs to sell and once its gone but whilst Ticketmaster get the biggest allocation the smaller ticket sellers have less demand. Stargreen in particular for me has meant I been able to get tixs for instant sell out shows as everyone else is trying to get on Ticketmaster to buy them in case anyone wants to try that trick in the future.

I never have luck with Ticketmaster, seetickets is my go to - i'll have to try Stargreen seems like they don't have many events though? Good to see that its going to sell out was getting worried as i've seen some really cheap tickets on Facebook (2 for £80 had me so annoyed!)

16 hours ago, jump said:

I doubt ticketmaster get the biggest allocation of APE tickets. AXS are the primary agent I think.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I doubt ticketmaster get the biggest allocation of APE tickets. AXS are the primary agent I think.

Tbh I don't even know who the main ticket seller is for APE, it's one of those events I plan on going to only if I see a cheap tix closer to the time.

I was talking in more general terms for other events as I've found using smaller ticket sellers more successful at getting tixs for the quick sell outs shows than the likes of Ticketmaster.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:44 PM, ilikesimpsons said:

After 2 weeks I just got a response from the APE Facebook after fatsoma said it was nothing to do with them. There was all the usual info then 

”Once the Friends of All Points East programme closes, all ticket sales will be tallied and rewards allocated via our existing ticketing and festival systems. For example, if you sell the minimum of 3 tickets, you will be rewarded with 1 GA ticket once the programme closes – so on and so forth.

Please note that the extra incentives above will not be managed by Fatsoma.

More updates to follow! x”

I’ve asked for a date the program closes but haven’t had a reply yet

Thanks for chasing this - I've had no luck either and was a bit confused by no reference to the deal on Fatsoma.

Did they give you a date for when the programme ends?

23 minutes ago, Ship_Wreck said:

Thanks for chasing this - I've had no luck either and was a bit confused by no reference to the deal on Fatsoma.

Did they give you a date for when the programme ends?

They read but not replied. I’ll message again a bit closer to the event if they haven’t put anything out before

How credible is this Clashfinder for the Saturday?  https://clashfinder.com/s/ape2019/  Jarvis looks rather high up.   Parquet Courts look a bit early? I assumed Interpol and the Raconteurs would pretty much clash?  I was at the National and Cave days last year and on the National day, timings seemed to shift quite a lot on the fly.