All Points East Festival 2019

At this rate this will be the last chance to see the Mumfords headline an event bigger than Country Winston’s Car Wash. Don’t think I’ve listened to the latest album more than once and I say that as one of the few people who actually liked Wilder Mind.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

16 minutes ago, John L said:

Last year I went to three APE shows. This year I’ve only booked The Strokes. Not sure how well it’ll do this year TBH.

It'll have a lot of people going for one day and a lot less people going multiple days. (Last year, I did 5 days and this year I'd probably end up doing 1, maybe 2). It's definitely down to personal preference; I reckon quite a lot of people will go to both Mumford and Bon Iver for example.

I reckon it'll be fine, but no sold out days.

Edited by aidenlangan95

I've seen some odd undercard/support bookings but Dizzee Rascal on a Mumford & Sons day is right up there, was kind of expecting Leon Bridges and The Vaccines. I don't think it's that bad a day really with those two and Sam Fender/Jade Bird, if they can add a couple more like Gang of Youths, Michael Kiwanuka or Mystery Jets and the prices on Twickets are reasonable closer to the time I'd be tempted.

14 minutes ago, 1986 said:

I came on here after the Mumford announcement expecting much more vitriol than this. I guess it looming over the horizon has blunted any reactions.

I only wish the Christine and Bon days were on the same weekend.

This is what I was thinking. Mumford had been well flagged by some on here so it's not too much of a disappointment but if Christine or the Strokes was the same weekend as Bon Iver, I'd be snapping up tickets for both.

Any sign of line up additions for the Bon Iver day? I remember Mitski being on some poster that was floating around when it was announced so would be hoping she's there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AAlex said:

I've seen some odd undercard/support bookings but Dizzee Rascal on a Mumford & Sons day is right up there

I had Dizzee open for Muse at the Emirates in 2013 and didn't think it really worked, even if the crowd did enjoy a few of the obvious big ones. Seemed to go better than a friend who saw the Chili Peppers at Knebworth with Dizzee as opener. She wasn't impressed.

Meanwhile I only clocked this is the same day I'm going to Muse at the Olympic Stadium and there's also the big BTS Wembley date... might make the trains a bit busy.

49 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

This is what I was thinking. Mumford had been well flagged by some on here so it's not too much of a disappointment but if Christine or the Strokes was the same weekend as Bon Iver, I'd be snapping up tickets for both.

Any sign of line up additions for the Bon Iver day? I remember Mitski being on some poster that was floating around when it was announced so would be hoping she's there.

She's still in the US on the Friday and has no dates in Europe until August, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

At this rate this will be the last chance to see the Mumfords headline an event bigger than Country Winston’s Car Wash. Don’t think I’ve listened to the latest album more than once and I say that as one of the few people who actually liked Wilder Mind.

Underestimating the general public’s ability to prop up a band based on a couple of huge albums. They’ve reached the Kings of Leon nether zone where nobody knows anyone who claims to be a fan but their shows sell out and albums get certified nonetheless. They will be a headliner for another decade at least.

1 hour ago, AAlex said:

I've seen some odd undercard/support bookings but Dizzee Rascal on a Mumford & Sons day is right up there

It’s not really. Dizzee has supported broad appeal arena rock types like Muse and the Chilis in the past, and probably way more than that, so I see no difference here. It’s obviously not like fans of Mumford are into the folk genre, or any genre at all really.

5 minutes ago, 1986 said:

People talking about Vampire Weekend, could they drop as a big sub on the Bon Day?

Nah. They’re not in Europe until almost a month later. Talk of VW playing was abandoned early on.

3 hours ago, 1986 said:

I came on here after the Mumford announcement expecting much more vitriol than this. I guess it looming over the horizon has blunted any reactions.

I only wish the Christine and Bon days were on the same weekend.

Come to Best Kept Secret instead mate... ;-)

4 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Mumford & Sons fans are really awful and annoying aren't they? People who won't shut the fuck up about how much they love Harry Potter, those types.

Alongside liberal usage of god awful twee portmanteau swearing like Cockwomble and Fuckpuffin.

• Upvote 1