All Points East Festival 2019

11 hours ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

I see Mini Mansions' UK tour ends on 23 May. They do have a London date but wouldn't be totally surprised to see them added to the undercard on the first weekend.

Turner cameo to do his bit in Vertigo before watching his heroes headline sat night. Ideal. 

39 minutes ago, bryano1000 said:

Thanks for the earlier replies.

Can anyone confirm which side(s) of the park we'll be entering? A wrong choice might turn a 20 minute walk from our Airbnb into double that, which no one wants :)

Entrance last year was on the south west side by the roundabout where The Crown pub is. 

Not sure if there was another one though. 

48 minutes ago, bryano1000 said:

Thanks for the earlier replies.

Can anyone confirm which side(s) of the park we'll be entering? A wrong choice might turn a 20 minute walk from our Airbnb into double that, which no one wants :)

We always come in from Mile End station and walk to crown gate east on the roundabout, I am pretty sure there is no other entrance but then again I have never looked for an entrance once I have entered.

Looking at going on Fri 24 May as a Glasto warm-up.

My partner is recovering from hip surgery so can't manage been on her feet all day long. Does anyone have experience of how easy it is to find a seat around the site? Also does anyone know what the VIP areas are like? Might be worth paying the extra £40 to get somewhere she can rest a bit.

I'm assuming security don't let you take your own camping chairs in.....

Edited by I am Jon

13 minutes ago, I am Jon said:

Looking at going on Fri 24 May as a Glasto warm-up.

My partner is recovering from hip surgery so can't manage been on her feet all day long. Does anyone have experience of how easy it is to find a seat around the site? Also does anyone know what the VIP areas are like? Might be worth paying the extra £40 to get somewhere she can rest a bit.

I'm assuming security don't let you take your own camping chairs in.....

Few places to sit e.g. near food stalls but not with a view of the stage from memory. Didn't go to the VIP but got the impression it was much the same.

No chance of taking a chair in, though I assume crutches would help.

We had VIP for some of the days last year.   

Generally speaking, I'd say it's not worth the extra dosh.   It gets you into an area behind the main stage where there's a bar, some nicer toilets (although actually longer queues than the main ones) and a seating area.    Might be worth it for you for the seating area as seats are limited on site (I can only remember a few benches etc by the food vans in the main area).