All Points East Festival 2019

1 hour ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

If it is Mumford then I think that’s a fairly recent booking, someone I spoke to a month or so ago, who would know these things, didn’t mention APE as being in their schedule. 

It's not a recent booking - they've been in the picture for a while - hence mentioned on here ages ok

15 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

IMG_20190206_090749.jpg

Was just coming here to post this - could that they've announce the stag splits so early. Now they just need to space out the sets just a bit further to avoid the clashing complaints.

(Although, thinking about it, maybe they've announced the stage splits to stop the complaints when there are inevitable clashes).

Just now, Hawros said:

Was just coming here to post this - could that they've announce the stag splits so early. Now they just need to space out the sets just a bit further to avoid the clashing complaints.

(Although, thinking about it, maybe they've announced the stage splits to stop the complaints when there are inevitable clashes).

If people were concerned, architects confirmed they aren’t clashing with BMTH....probably run the jewels :(

1 minute ago, endswithMJ said:

If people were concerned, architects confirmed they aren’t clashing with BMTH....probably run the jewels :(

RTJ are on the same stage as BMTH, as per the poster above. None of those on the poster will clash with BMTH, it'll just be a smaller stage that has someone on, if any.

5 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

where have they confirmed this?

I am actually a bit worried, even though want to believe that they won't clash for the whole set

6 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

4 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

RTJ are on the same stage as BMTH, as per the poster above. None of those on the poster will clash with BMTH, it'll just be a smaller stage that has someone on, if any.

Sounds like from this that they're keeping the headliner clear each night, finishing each of the smaller stages in time.

17 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Wish the other days had stage splits so I could see what's going to be right before the Strokes on the North Stage... Probably going to be The Raconteurs. 

If I was a betting man I’d guess:

North: Strokes > Raconteurs > Jarvis

East: Interpol > Parquet Courts > Courtney Barnett

8 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

Seems like they've tried to avoid clashes where they can from his response on twitter.

Screenshot_20190206-100851_Twitter.jpg

Last year they had acts starting on the East/North stages minutes after someone else had finished on the other one. Made dashing between the two a pain in the arse, especially if you wanted food/drink/a comfort break in between.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Last year they had acts starting on the East/North stages minutes after someone else had finished on the other one. Made dashing between the two a pain in the arse, especially if you wanted food/drink/a comfort break in between.

Looking at the clashfinder the only day that doesn't have the last 3 overlap at all is the National day and those had a direct start and a 10 minute break. I'd be happy with that if I had to leave RTJ a song or two early and see all of the other two. Are the stages both outdoors? How far is the walk?

28 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

Looking at the clashfinder the only day that doesn't have the last 3 overlap at all is the National day and those had a direct start and a 10 minute break. I'd be happy with that if I had to leave RTJ a song or two early and see all of the other two. Are the stages both outdoors? How far is the walk?

It's about a five minute walk, but obviously when 40,000 people are trying to leave TWOD and rush over to the National in time for their start it gets trickier. We left TWOD early to make sure we had time to go the loo, the bar and get a decent spot.

19 hours ago, beatkeeper said:

A few mentions of Mumford and Sons on page Three of this forum. Well done - I blame you.

Although really I’m glad it won’t be Tame Impala - so I won’t have to come back to London for the second weekend.

Surely Tame Impala can still headline the Saturday?