All Points East Festival 2019

7 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Foals have added a second date at Alexandra Palace, I take it they wouldn't be trying to shift(according to Google) 20,000 tickets in London if it was them for the second Saturday.

Foals are not playing All Points East, they're touring the UK in June.

23 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

Good to hear! How does it compare to a Finsbury Park gig as an event?

Not sure, been a while since I was at a Finsbury gig.

APE is very well organised though, nice big space (last time I was at FP was the Stone Roses in 2013 and it felt very cramped), plenty of food, bars and toilets so no queues, easy to get in and out for the tube again. My only gripe was the timings between the two main stages, there was such a short gap between acts - only ten minutes between TWOD and The National which meant it was tough to see all of TWOD and then dash back to get a spot for The National.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

In the US unfortunately. Probably coming over late June (first date atm is Holland 6th July), just in time for Glastonbury.

Had a feeling one of them would be out but couldn't be bothered to check dates, I'll take a Glastonbury spot very happily, slot up at the park would go down very well in the sunshine 

2 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Fontaines DC also in the US, haha. Last US date May 28th at the moment, so maybe second weekend. 

Ah feck this! If they don't turn up at Glastonbury or Green Man I'm not gonna be happy, could get no where near their Coventry gig the other week wasn't pleased

31 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

We expecting same next week as this week? Final headliners announced, some undercard for that, some more bands for the Fri and Sun?

They didn't say anything about a next announcement, right? Just that names for the second Saturday will be announced soon. They made a big deal of the whole Strokes thing, could easily see them waiting another week (or continue while they've loads of exposure?). 

Still don't know who to expect other than maybe Tame Impala.

2 hours ago, suttttttt said:

Good to hear! How does it compare to a Finsbury Park gig as an event?

Infinitely better, Finsbury Park was a shit show last year.

Considering it was its inaugural* year, last year went v smoothly. I went to 4 of the days.

*(Admittedly, a lot of the infrastructure and layout was taken over from Field day / Lovebox / citadel).

28 minutes ago, James96 said:

So the APE Twitter have just followed Radiohead, Thom Yorke, Four Tet, Mount Kimbie and Hudson Hohawke. I know that could mean fuck all, but seems odd to just follow them randomly now. Perhaps Thom is making an appearance.

Could be? Has nothing announced for the weekends...Would he headline the remaining date perhaps?

1 hour ago, James96 said:

So the APE Twitter have just followed Radiohead, Thom Yorke, Four Tet, Mount Kimbie and Hudson Hohawke. I know that could mean fuck all, but seems odd to just follow them randomly now. Perhaps Thom is making an appearance.

Sounds like another big Electronic day for the 2nd weekend i guess. 

i imagine apparat will be added to that day he's free. Prob Modeselektor and Empress Of etc. 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin